“Never giving them our business again”
Review of New China

New China
Ranked #193 of 284 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had ordered from this place pretty much since they first opened. Whenever we got Chinese, we would call New China. All I can say is they care nothing about loyalty to their business or their customers, in general. As long as they are taking your money, they are pleasant enough~ but if there is a problem with the food or order-- forget it!
Two different times, when I had a problem with a delivery order, several people argued with me on the phone about the complaint. First they said they would not make it right. Then- if I came to them, they woud exchange it (I had no car--that is why I got delivery) and then finally, they sent a delivery person with replacement food. I gave them the benefit of the doubt each time. But yesterday, May 13th, 2014, will be the last time I give them any more of my money!!
When we received our lunch order, my son realized right away that something was wrong with his General Tso's chicken--it was a different color and all dry. He told me to wait until I ate my lunch to call and tell them, because he remembered how they fought with me and ruined everyone's lunch previously. Also, when I bit into my egg roll, it was all dried out and loooked a funny color inside. So I called them after we had all eaten a little lunch-and this time they argued that I had waited too long to call-- that it had been two hours! The food was delivered right before 3:00 and I was calling before 4:00pm. I explained why I had waited this time and the man pretty much argued with me again- that I had waited too long, that it was supposed to look that way, that we had let it dry out, etc. Apparently the Chinese are not familiar with the motto, "the customer is always right". He finally agreed to redeliver and exchange the food in question-- after questioning me about how much we had eaten (we took one bite). When the re-delivery arrived, the man tried to charge me a fee for it!! I had decided by that point that I had had it with New China and told him to tell his boss that we would no longer be customers of the restaurant. He made a 'hmmmph' sound, turned and stormed away without a word. That is not how you treat customers-- let alone a repeat customer! They will not receive another penny from us!!

1  Thank MaryBCNortheastPA

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We order for delivery on 4~4~2013 @ 4:35. First, the woman was very hard to understand, and she also couldn't understand me. I was also trying 1 new dinner. Upon delivery 1 dinner was completely wrong and the new dinner "Singapore Chow Mei Fun" was completely disgusting. It looked like wrinkle chicken skin soaked in hot sauce all thru it. Straight in the garbage!
I called to explain the wrong dinner and my unhappiness with the other. I got the same woman, who the language barrier was too much. She argued that I received what I ordered, and that was that, basically. The called ended with her just saying sorry and hanging up. $37.35 will be the last of my money they ever get. And sad to say we used to order from them often.
My final thing, is to suggest that they get someone to take the orders that can communicate better. And to think I've told people to go there. Smh.
If I had to say 1positive thing, the delivery guy was punctual and friendly.

2  Thank loulabell24
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

They wont deliver unless yu spend $15, and they do charge for delivery as well. We order every week so yu would think that $14. Would be close enough, WRONG. Must order $15 then tax, and delivery, AND another DOLLAR for one tablespoon of walnut chicken sauce for my rice! The bill for me to get delivery was $22.

1  Thank CaRiBBeAnSOuLPC
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I love Chinese food. This place is pretty good. Don't expect to eat in because this is a take out only place. The only other thing is the place is a little run down. Good food though.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

good for the price your average Chinese food nothing to special. I tell them every time i order to make my food spicy they never do. The rice is very good i recommend the geneal tso or boneless spare ribs