“Great Local Eatery”

Maitland, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Eatery”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've been to several Smokey Bones' in different states. This one is much better than some of the others. I went here by myself and found it to be quite good. After that I brought on two different occasions some colleagues from work.

Good service, good good, pleasant experience each time.

We had ribs, burger, and a sandwich, all were quite good. Would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013

Selinsgrove, PA
“Great sauces!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I were in the area for an evening and decided to try Smokey Bones. Wow! What a good meal. They specialize in meats like ribs and briskets as well as the sauces and rubs that accompany them. The side dishes are very good as well and not just your ordinary choices are offered.

• Visited August 2013
Meriden, Connecticut
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Found Smokey Bones while in PA and decided to give it a try. Our waiter, Chris was outstanding; lots of knowledge, pleasant and full of energy! We started with the Smoked Wings, which are done their original rib rub, smoked, then fried and tossed in a Memphis style dry rub and drizzled with an awesome sweet glaze. I had a fruit/berry sangria (which Chris recommended) that was just yummy. Hubby had the Rib-Eye Steak, which was marinated in a mix of soy sauce, pineapple, brown sugar, and ginger. I had the Hickory Smoked Salmon, which was very tender. Would love to see Smokey Bones come to our part of the world.

Newark, Delaware
“Great Burger and BBQ place!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I stopped at this restaurant after a convention that we were attending in town. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed as the beer and burgers we both ordered was very good and the sides were just as good. The service was a little slow, but that was due to the amount of people at the restaurant from the convention. Would definitely go back again next time we are Wilkes-Barre.

Denver, Colorado
“Really outstanding casual fare-- Celiac friendly”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I recently ate here for dinner after searching for places in Wilkes-Barre. I read online that this place was gluten-friendly, which is excellent because I have Celiac disease. They have a special menu with all of their gluten-free items listed (although some are fried in the same fryer as the regular food which is a no-go for me). They had an excellent spread of food-- at least 5 main courses were gluten free, along with most of the sides, some salads, and all of their BBQ sauces. After usually going to a restaurant and only being able to order plain salads I was in heaven! The food was outstanding. My husband ordered a BBQ burger which he said was one of the best three meals he had eaten EVER, while I had a loaded baked potato and the smoked turkey breast. The potato was perfectly cooked and the turkey breast was beyond delicious. All of their BBQ sauces were good, and showcased the different BBQ varieties from different areas of the US. We both agreed we could eat the same meal the next night and enjoy it just as much.

On top of the outstanding food and gluten-free menu, the service was top-notch. Our server was friendly, warm, and extremely helpful with questions about the food and went out of her way to accommodate us. I will definitely be back.