“Amazing ribs, I reccomend them with fries...”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #18 of 276 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing ribs, I reccomend them with fries...”
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Amazing ribs, I reccomend them with fries and cinnamon apples
Best place in town, always busy, quick service, overall this restaurant is amazing

Pennsylvania
“Some old Chain”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Not good since Darden restaurants sold this chain. Smokey bones used to be one of my favorite 'chain' restaurants. When they got new owners their food quality went down hill.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good BBQ!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Good BBQ!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Portland, Oregon
“Eat here only if you have time to burn”
Reviewed 11 October 2008

We ate here on September 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM. My wife and I were driving across Pennsylvania, trying to make it to Hershey before it got too late. We pulled off the highway looking for a speedy but good dinner. What could be faster than ribs? After all, they must have been smoked hours earlier and then they just warm them up on the grill when ordered. You'd think we could be in and out in 45 minutes, wouldn't you?

There were only a smattering of tables seated when we arrived. The server took 10 minutes to greet us. She took our order and then didn't come back for 30 more minutes to check on us. In the meantime, I had given up on drinks and went to the bar and got them myself. When she came to the table, we complained at how long we had been waiting for our food and she acted surprised! I guess 30 minutes is to be expected. Still, she brought us no rolls or anything. We just sat and sat and sat. 20 minutes later, the ribs arrived. There is just no explanation. They weren't busy. I cook, and could have grilled just about anything in 50 minutes, let alone warm up some ribs. I worked for 7 years in the restaurant business. It's exceedingly rare when I stiff a server. I did not tip this server. I strongly recommend that you avoid this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Chain restaurant with great BBQ food. I'm not a huge fan of the dining atmosphere, though. Half dozen TVs and speakers...”
Reviewed 2 January 2008

Chain restaurant with great BBQ food. I'm not a huge fan of the dining atmosphere, though. Half dozen TVs and speakers at each table gives this place a sports-bar feel: Eat your ribs, watch the game, ignore your company.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook