“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
New Jersey
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Picked this hotel because of the many good reviews found on Tripadvisor, and I wasn't disappointed. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Plus, you get 10% off at the Perkins Restaurant right in front of the hotel by showing your room key, which was also very good. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swinsonm1
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to offer your review of our hotel.
We appreciate it more than you know.
In this age of social media, It is imperative for a successful business to listen to their customers whether positive or negative.
In the hotel business, former guests that are potentially repeat customers are our lifeline.
Thank you again for your kind words and especially for the high ratings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through. Asked for a quiet room and was placed on the top floor which is half non smoking half smoking...but what non smoker wants to share with smokers? Alas despite the smokey hallway the room smelled fresh. Other guests were loud in the hallway throughout this saturday night. Earplugs recommended. In the morning the shower refused to get hotter than lukewarm much to my dismay. Grabbed some mini yogurts from the breakfast offerings and headed to the dunkin donuts across the street where (bonus review) they made my coffee wrong. Onward I went.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Violet R
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Violet R,
Thank you immensely for taking time to offer your review of the hotel.
Guests feedback, such as yours, are an invaluable resource to improve the overall guest experience.
We use it as a tool to maintain our award winning status.
I am so sorry your experience wasn't quite what you hoped for.

Unfortunately, when the hotel is busy it can sometimes be noisy. I can only suggest that in the future, you contact the front desk as they may be able to get the noisy guests to quiet down.
We do have a strict quiet time policy and if someone does not adher to it we need to know when it is happening.

I am a Regarding the luke warm water temperature you experienced... Did you report it to the staff?
Sadly, we can only address these types of issues when we know about them and the date of your stay nor the room number is available on TripAdvisor.
In the future, please don't ever hesitate to let hotel staff know whenever you have a problem.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Okay, so I was a tad worried after booking this hotel. Overall the reviews are positive. I'm a loyal Choice Hotels customer but my last CH stay(at the HORRIBLE Roadway Inn in Allentown PA) had me nervous about future CH properties that seemed too cheap to be okay.
The Econo Lodge Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA is outstanding! So happy with my visit.
First off all the stay was about $66 including tax for one night in a room with two double beds, fridge, microwave, tv ect & breakfast. That's $33 per person which is less than $10 more than the last awful hotel I stayed at.
The hotel was clean, bright, cozy and inviting. Clean parking lot and had no trouble finding a spot close to the front .
The hotel staff was ALL friendly. The employee at the front desk who checked us in, the two employees at the front the following morning, the two housekeepers I bumped into in the elevator and hallways, the breakfast attendant. All pleasant.
Quiet hotel, no problems with sleep quality, comfortable bed with soft, fresh sheets.
Nice view from our room(#205) which included the parking lot and highway but also some mountains or escarpment.
Details in case you're interested:
The TV is old & outdated, no flat screen but it worked and was perfectly fine for us and still had a large screen. You can also rent a VCR or DVD player for $10. We used our TV and were thrilled to have it.
Breakfast room is medium size and very open with window walls on one side looking into the little lobby. The breakfast options were: cereal, oatmeal, waffles, toast/bread, bagels, mini muffins, fruit like apples and oranges, powdered scrambled eggs, small yogurts in raspberry, strawberry and peach flavors, juice such as orange and cranberry, tea, hot chocolate, coffee, milk, and non-dairy spread and peanut butter for toppings.
Outside the hotel is a busy street with plenty of restaurant and stores. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the Casino.
Great stay, very pleased with how it turned out and I'd definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Wow....just WOW !
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay here at the Econo Lodge Arena and especially for being a loyal Choice Hotel customer.
I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience during your visit with us.
I will surely pass on your remarks to our staff. They will be thrilled...

I can't get over the detail you put into this review and for that you have my sincerest gratitude.

I hope you get to visit us again soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My first review and a long overdue one.
Stayed here with my wife and in-laws in June of 2013 when we did our trip across PA, NY and DC.
The rooms are very clean, staff helpful and the breakfast fresh.
An awesome deal for the price!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you so much for remembering us and taking the time to offer your perspective about your visit in June.
I'm happy to know we left a positive memory with you.
Since you were here in June we added a hot breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage.
Hopefully you'll get to visit again soon...
Thank you again for the positive feedback.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Can this place get any better?! For the same low price, they've now added even more to the breakfast. This weekend, they were serving scrambled eggs, sausage patties and hot oatmeal with all the fixings. This is on top of what they've already been serving. This place is an incredible bargain.

The only reason why I've knocked it down from 5 stars to 4 is that they've changed cleaning products and the rooms are a bit overwhelming for an asthmatic - however, they will change your room if they aren't full and it's just too uncomfortable. I recommend bringing a scented candle and opening the window for a bit. Also, stupid complaint for these great prices, but the Kleenex is like sandpaper.

Room Tip: Laundry is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.
The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Just to let you know...we are in the process of changing our paper products. Hopefully next time you'll be able to give us the #5.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Econo Lodge is clean and comfortable. It is easy access to the highway and has plenty of amenities nearby. We found the staff to be helpful and courteous. This was our 2nd time there and we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ontheroadwithj
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your views about our hotel.
I know that time is such a valuable resource and we truly appreciate that you shared some of yours to let others know you were happy with your visit.

We use our guests feedback, whether positive or negative, to try to improve the overall guest experience and in order to maintain our award winning status.

Once again.... THANK YOU !
West Islip, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here recently. Our plan was to have a weekend away and enjoy the new Mohegan Sun Casino. This hotel was conveniently located right off the highway and only 5 minutes from Mohegan Sun. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly.I can't believe we had gotten such a great rate for such a beautiful Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding our hotel.

We truly appreciate and value your feedback.
Your comments serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and in order to maintain our award winning status.

I can't begin to tell you what a pleasure it is to receive positive feedback.