“CLEAN AND DECENT”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Boston, Massachusetts
“CLEAN AND DECENT”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of those hotels that are really for those who will be out and about but want a place that is clean and offer a decent nights rest. This is that type of hotel. Continental breakfast in the morning was very good. I had scrambled eggs, toast, banana and of course, coffee. All was very good and my family (4 people) all found something to their liking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent visit with us.
Your opinion really does matter.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed the new addition to our breakfast. We recently upgraded from just a Continental to a Full hot breakfast and most of our guests have given us very positive feedback.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is my go-to stop in WB, have family and history there so will visit again.
Convenient to downtown, generous breakfast, staff is friendly and helpful.
Rooms are clean and comfortable and quiet. Perkins restaurant is convenient for late night and early morning checkouts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Bonnie...
I truly appreciate that you took the time to offer your thoughts about your recent stay with us.
I was thrilled to hear that your visit was a pleasant one and you'll return to us again.
Our repeat customers are the hotel's lifeline.
Thank you...and see you again soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked a 2dbl non-smoking room. This property is not the newest, but it proves what good management can do. The room was spotless and comfortable. The internet worked well. The water pressure was good. The staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast was above average, and the area was kept spotless. This hotel has won numerous awards, including a platinum award for Wyndham for 2014. You can see why! They have everything down to a science and give you a magnifying glass with a rating sheet when you check in. That's confidence! I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for the price.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces a main road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RobPC2013
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so very much for sharing your time and experience with us.
I cannot express how wonderful reading your comments about your recent stay made me feel. I will certainly pass them along to the entire staff.
Feedback such as yours just seems to make the day to day business of the hotel just a bit brighter.
Thank you again and hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The night manager was extremely nice and was very efficient and helpful at getting me checked in. The room was clean and spacious. My only complaint was some of the shady individuals staying in the place.when I got to my room later at night after going to the casino there were two guys outside being loud and drunk trying to hitch a ride to a strip club. They offered me cocaine but I politely declined. Meanwhile the late night desk person just say there instead of asking the idiots to leave. Other than that it was an ok experience considering the cheap price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nick M
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Traveling with a pet can be an eye opener. I know for a fact that we have been relegated to a few stinky back, often shoddy, rooms that many of these places have set aside for people with pets. Then they have the nerve to charge an additional fee. Really irritating. I also know for a fact that my pooch is probably cleaner than a lot of the people checking us in.

Not this Econo Lodge though. Didn't feel like a second class citizen at all. Room was spotless, air didn't smell like a horrid meadow of dead lillies, bathroom was clean, towels good, beds comfy! Well done Econo Lodge!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PollyBidwell
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with other travelers and with us.
We eagerly use this information in order to maintain our award winning staus. Whether positive or negative our guests impressions are an invaluable resource.
Thank you again and hopefully we'll get to see you and your pooch again soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Picked this hotel because of the many good reviews found on Tripadvisor, and I wasn't disappointed. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Plus, you get 10% off at the Perkins Restaurant right in front of the hotel by showing your room key, which was also very good. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swinsonm1
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to offer your review of our hotel.
We appreciate it more than you know.
In this age of social media, It is imperative for a successful business to listen to their customers whether positive or negative.
In the hotel business, former guests that are potentially repeat customers are our lifeline.
Thank you again for your kind words and especially for the high ratings.
West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through. Asked for a quiet room and was placed on the top floor which is half non smoking half smoking...but what non smoker wants to share with smokers? Alas despite the smokey hallway the room smelled fresh. Other guests were loud in the hallway throughout this saturday night. Earplugs recommended. In the morning the shower refused to get hotter than lukewarm much to my dismay. Grabbed some mini yogurts from the breakfast offerings and headed to the dunkin donuts across the street where (bonus review) they made my coffee wrong. Onward I went.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Violet R
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Violet R,
Thank you immensely for taking time to offer your review of the hotel.
Guests feedback, such as yours, are an invaluable resource to improve the overall guest experience.
We use it as a tool to maintain our award winning status.
I am so sorry your experience wasn't quite what you hoped for.

Unfortunately, when the hotel is busy it can sometimes be noisy. I can only suggest that in the future, you contact the front desk as they may be able to get the noisy guests to quiet down.
We do have a strict quiet time policy and if someone does not adher to it we need to know when it is happening.

I am a Regarding the luke warm water temperature you experienced... Did you report it to the staff?
Sadly, we can only address these types of issues when we know about them and the date of your stay nor the room number is available on TripAdvisor.
In the future, please don't ever hesitate to let hotel staff know whenever you have a problem.
Thank you again for your feedback.