“Staff treats you like a friend and respect. They have such a great heart front the top to bottom. They make your day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of EconoLodge Arena

EconoLodge Arena
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I court write forever and ever on this wonderful hotel. Bottom line is how your treated during my stay. Going thru a difficult time in my life and the staff really go out of their way and take the time their own time, to make me feel as family to them. No word can describe how i feel. Top notch place in my opinion and gets a five star and needs to be known as a five star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoeFlorek
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so very much for the positive feedback and sharing it with other travelers.
You know when you stay with us ...you are part of our family....not just a guest!
Once again....THANK YOU!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed over night this week. I was very pleased with the professionalism with the front desk.
He checked me in quickly and with no issues. I was impressed with his multitasking skills as well, he had a rush of phone calls and people asking questions. He answered each question with professionalism and he did not complain or made any facial expressions that would show if he was frustrated or not.
My room was clean, comfortable and the A/C worked very well as I like it cold.
Check out was quick as well.
If you are in the area, the prices are reasonable and have numerous restaurants and shopping centers nearby. I will be a returning guests.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful review you've shared.
I was thrilled to hear that our staff was such a good multi-tasker and he handled your check-in with such ease.
What made me feel even better is that you plan on being a repeat customer.
That alone is invaluable.
Thank you again and again....
Hope to see you soon!
Hartfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

There's nothing on the highway sign, or sign on the building saying Econo Lodge "Arena".
So we where not sure if we where at the right one.
The Econo Lodge web site and Pet Friendly.com said there was no fee for pets, we made the reservation and asked about it and was told there was no charge. We show up and they had deducted a $50.00 fee from the credit card and said they would refund $40.00 once the room had been inspected after leaving.
Asked for a smoking room, conformation received and it clearly states, smoking room. We show up and they come up with the stupid excuse there are no smoking and dog friendly rooms.
So now I'm stuck having to go outside every I need to smoke.
Now for the good parts, check in was a breeze, room, hallways, beds, outside clean, low noise from the highway, Wifi worked great, there was a microwave, fridge, coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: West side is away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor travelers.
Our guests insight while they visited with us is very important to us in order to maintain our award winning status.
We are what is known as a "Franchise" hotel. For that reason we are not permitted to add to our signage regarding the "arena". The "arena" in our name is meant to alert potential guests that we are the closest Econo Lodge to Mohegan Sun Arena, here in Wilkes Barre.
It's is unfortunate that you missed the "alert" on our web site regarding your pet preference.
This is plainly written on the 1st page of the website:

<<Pet accommodations: 10.00 per night/pet, limit 2 pets/room. Pet Deposit: 50.00 (refundable). Cash/Debit/Check Card paying guest: 100.00 deposit required. at check-in. Refundable at check-out after room inspection. >>

Also....when choosing your room, please check our room descriptions. Please note that none of our smoking rooms are considered "pet freindly"! They actaully state "No Pets Allowed". All of our pet friendly rooms are kept seperate from all other rooms so that all of our other rooms are kept PET FREE. This is basically done for those guests with allergies.
I'm sorry any of this was an inconvenience and I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Some front desk attendants likely feel that doing a good job is smiling, saying hello, taking your credit card, giving you a key, and telling you to have a nice day. I won't pick on those who do that, because even getting that isn't a given anymore. However, I call that going through the motions.

Amanda, however, understands hospitality. She took the time to talk to me, and make sure I knew everything I could possibly get while at the hotel; and was able to give directions to where I needed to be very easily. She made sure I spun the wheel as a Choice Privileges member, and didn't just throw a chocolate bar at me after I landed on that but gave it to me with enthusiasm. I am a picky person as to room locations, but I didn't have to make sure I was getting a room as to where I wanted, but instead was told as she gave me the key, while remaining enthusiastic, that my room was where I had requested it to be. And this is on, presumably, a sold out night. Even wake up call requests late at night were answered with much courtesy and respect.

The rest of the staff was great too. Certainly I don't want to make it sound like others, such as Liz, were not also great, because they were. However, Amanda is a star of her position and hopefully the hotel takes full advantage of this asset.

The room was clean and smelled great (which many Econo Lodges will not). The rate was unbelievably low, especially given the time of year and that it was very busy. In some ways, the building shows that it has aged a bit, but the maintenance staff does a wonderful job keeping the building that they have running in top shape (or so it seemed). Breakfast was surprisingly good.

I cannot really understand how this hotel is not ranked #1 in Wilkes-Barre. Consider it a secret and your reward for scrolling down the list a little bit here on tripadvisor, and once you are in Wilkes-Barre, laugh at those parked in fancier hotel parking lots, paying much more then you, while you have a much better hotel experience.

Room Tip: Laugh at those spending more money at other hotels in Wilkes-Barre because they have a more fancy ho...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank T D
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
All I can say is WOW....your review just gave me chills!
I've posted it on the bulletin board to share with the entire staff.
Our hotel has a mission statement that reads:
"TAKE EXCELLENT CARE OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND STRIVE TO EXCEED THEIR EXPECTATIONS WHILE ALWAYS BEING MINDFUL THAT WITHOUT SATISFIED, LOYAL, REPEAT CUSTOMERS….WE HAVE NOTHING!"
Thank you so very much...You have just proven that it works!
I hope you can visit us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

For some reason as you travel north pet friendly hotels with a reasonable up charge become very sparse.
Very excellent front desk staff and a clean room close to 81 and a reasonable cost for us and our pet. Get a coupon to save additional bucks and it's hard to beat. Thank you Ananda for the welcome and the spin.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George J
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your review and especially for your kind words.
We do our best to keep the additional charge for pets to a minimum. We basically use those funds for the additional cleaning and pest prevention and so far we've been able to hold the price so that it is reasonable for our furry friends.
I'm so happy you enjoyed the Choice Privileges Prize Wheel. Our guests love getting the chance on the wheel to win a Free overnight stay and they really seem to enjoy the consolation prizes too.
Thank you again and hope to see you again soon....
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stay at this hotel every time we stay in WB. We have family in the area and this hotel off US-81 at rt309 is always consistently good. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating. There is always hot coffee available in the breakfast room. This hotel offers a free breakfast from 530 to about 930. Eggs and sausage...cereal and bagels and toast. The rooms have a 26 in tv...microwave and ink fridge. The beds are comfortable. Even though this hotel is right off the interstate, it is quiet. It always dooms to have folks staying here.
We have stayed here at least 6times in2014 as we travel to WB. For the cost and the value, I cannot see staying anywhere else. It is a good safe bet.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with other travelers.

You, as a repeat guest, are our most valuable resource and I cannot thank you enough for your commitment to us.
Thank you for being part of our Econo Lodge Family and hope to see you soon.
Barton NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times. The room is basic with a small TV and a hard mattress, but it's clean, has a good location, and is very reasonably priced. Decent breakfast is offered, but you can get 10% off your bill at the Perkins restaurant right out front by showing them your room key. I'll continue to stay here when in the Wilkes-Barre area.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm thrilled you have become part of our Econo Lodge Arena Family by being a repeat guest.
We take your comments and suggestions very seriously and strive to make improvements to ensure your next visit will be even better than the last.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.