“Very Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Meadows Of Dan
“Very Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at this Econo Lodge in May and was very pleased with how clean my room turned out to be. Awesome! Hats off to the housekeeping dept. for such an excellent job. Staff was very courteous and the rates are great. Quick check-in and check-out. Large truck parking made this Econo Lodge perfect. Would stay again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you so very much for sharing your time and experience with us.
I cannot express how wonderful reading your comments about your recent stay made me feel. I will certainly pass them along to the entire staff.
Feedback such as yours just seems to make the day to day business of the hotel just a bit brighter.
Thank you again and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, two dogs and I spent one night at this incredibly inexpensive Econo Lodge. Check-in was a breeze and we were provided a comfortable room. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Beds appeared a tad small, but nonetheless were comfortable. B'fast was quite good. The hotel is only 5 miles from the beautiful Mohegan Sun Casino so if you're planning to spend time there, the Econo Lodge is a good home base.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria K
Hi Gloria...
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to offer your review and for expressing your positive comments.
It's truly rewarding to hear how pleased you were with your visit.
Our guests feedback is more important than you can imagine and yours is like icing on a cake.
Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I just stayed here with my four young children. I felt safe at all times. The staff was friendly and very on top of things. I didn't have to wait or ask twice for anything we needed. Housekeeping was friendly and worked willingly around our morning schedule. The free continental breakfast is more than I've seen at most places. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, baked oatmeal with all the toppings, all types of muffins/waffles/bread, etc., cereal, and more! It was so helpful to be able to start our days with full and happy kids!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 10years2gether
I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know.
We just recently upgraded to a hot breakfast and the response so far has been very positive. Most of our guests really enjoy the scrambled eggs and sausage. Even the freshly made oatmeal has been a big hit even though it's warm weather, which surprised me.
Once again....thank you and we hope we'll see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Have stayed here several times over years and it seems to get better. A minute off I-81 and steps from a Perkins restaurant, the Econolodge is a great bargain. I paid $67 for a weeknight, which is lower than anything I've seen anywhere in years that was a decent hotel. Very clean, great staff, good breakfast, close and safe parking. Just a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Americansportswriter
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I can't thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with potential visitors to Wilkes Barre.
As I'm sure you are aware, it can sometimes be a challenge to try to please everyone and even more difficult to peak their interest enough to give us a try.
Your kind words regarding your visits with us are more valuable than you can imagine.
THANK YOU again and I hope you will visit again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I court write forever and ever on this wonderful hotel. Bottom line is how your treated during my stay. Going thru a difficult time in my life and the staff really go out of their way and take the time their own time, to make me feel as family to them. No word can describe how i feel. Top notch place in my opinion and gets a five star and needs to be known as a five star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoeFlorek
EconoLodgeArena, Manager at EconoLodge Arena, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so very much for the positive feedback and sharing it with other travelers.
You know when you stay with us ...you are part of our family....not just a guest!
Once again....THANK YOU!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed over night this week. I was very pleased with the professionalism with the front desk.
He checked me in quickly and with no issues. I was impressed with his multitasking skills as well, he had a rush of phone calls and people asking questions. He answered each question with professionalism and he did not complain or made any facial expressions that would show if he was frustrated or not.
My room was clean, comfortable and the A/C worked very well as I like it cold.
Check out was quick as well.
If you are in the area, the prices are reasonable and have numerous restaurants and shopping centers nearby. I will be a returning guests.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful review you've shared.
I was thrilled to hear that our staff was such a good multi-tasker and he handled your check-in with such ease.
What made me feel even better is that you plan on being a repeat customer.
That alone is invaluable.
Thank you again and again....
Hope to see you soon!
Hartfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

There's nothing on the highway sign, or sign on the building saying Econo Lodge "Arena".
So we where not sure if we where at the right one.
The Econo Lodge web site and Pet Friendly.com said there was no fee for pets, we made the reservation and asked about it and was told there was no charge. We show up and they had deducted a $50.00 fee from the credit card and said they would refund $40.00 once the room had been inspected after leaving.
Asked for a smoking room, conformation received and it clearly states, smoking room. We show up and they come up with the stupid excuse there are no smoking and dog friendly rooms.
So now I'm stuck having to go outside every I need to smoke.
Now for the good parts, check in was a breeze, room, hallways, beds, outside clean, low noise from the highway, Wifi worked great, there was a microwave, fridge, coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: West side is away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor travelers.
Our guests insight while they visited with us is very important to us in order to maintain our award winning status.
We are what is known as a "Franchise" hotel. For that reason we are not permitted to add to our signage regarding the "arena". The "arena" in our name is meant to alert potential guests that we are the closest Econo Lodge to Mohegan Sun Arena, here in Wilkes Barre.
It's is unfortunate that you missed the "alert" on our web site regarding your pet preference.
This is plainly written on the 1st page of the website:

<<Pet accommodations: 10.00 per night/pet, limit 2 pets/room. Pet Deposit: 50.00 (refundable). Cash/Debit/Check Card paying guest: 100.00 deposit required. at check-in. Refundable at check-out after room inspection. >>

Also....when choosing your room, please check our room descriptions. Please note that none of our smoking rooms are considered "pet freindly"! They actaully state "No Pets Allowed". All of our pet friendly rooms are kept seperate from all other rooms so that all of our other rooms are kept PET FREE. This is basically done for those guests with allergies.
I'm sorry any of this was an inconvenience and I hope you will consider staying with us again.