Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melody Motel(Wilkes-Barre)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desksuperior king roombudget hotelroad tripupon checkan overnight staylong drivegreat roomconvenient locationthe mohegan sun casinowould definitely stay here againone night staystaff was friendlyjuliaroofspet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Choose red roof because of good reviews. Stay was nice for the price, very comfortable,could use an update. But the stay was fine CHECK INN was great, stay was comfortable, however when it came to CHECK OUT I was checked out by a Jen she was very ignorant and it was just uncomfortable she kept trying to check me in when I was telling her i needed to be checked out I couldnt understand what she was saying to me she just seemed confused and also to worried about what everyone one else was doing and talking about.

Room Tip: Like I said its a nice place hopefully youll be able to avoid the non-sense and just get a normal check out.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Let me first say thank you for choosing to stay at Red Roof Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that your room was clean and comfortable. I am very sorry, however, that you experienced an issue at check out. Please know that this is not the normal check out experience, and I am very sorry that the GSR was distracted during your departure. Please rest assured that this issue will be corrected, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to provide 100% satisfaction during your next stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This RRI is in a pretty ncie location, has been fully renovated and has nice staff. It would have been a totally enjoyable stay if the management were invested in cleaning--both the interior and exterior of the hotel. Even though everything was new in the rooms, neither the sheets nor bedspread felt clean, the rugs were already getting that "yuck I don;t want to walk without my shoes on" feeling and the shower curtain had mold on it. The outside of the hotel was the worst--ground in filth, cigarette butts littered around, and even garbage laying around on the lawns and parking lot. If the management got the staff to clean--scrub the wooden stairs and landings and pick up the garbage around--and clean the rooms better washing things like shower curtains, this would be a great place to stay. Oh well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our facility. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations this time. I would like to assure you that this is not the typical Red Roof Inn experience. We take pride in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable room, and maintenance works very hard to keep up with the litter and trash sometimes left behind in the parking lot and driveway. I would like to invite you back in the near future to give us an opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Went back again, mainly because of the low price, the rom was ok last time, and they accepted animals. This time up the room we were placed in smelled horribly of smoke that was trying to be covered up with an orangey-scent type of spray... I could not handle it, as I am allergic to cigarette smoke. We were moved without a problem, but it was not a great stay. Pick as your last resort in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel again on your return trip. I'm sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your second visit, even though you were quite satisfied during your first stay. Please rest assured that we take every guest comment seriously, even though it may not always be what we want to hear. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre since we were traveling with our grand dog.

This hotel was perfect , my request for 1st floor was granted, nice clean room ,bed was very comfortable , the young girl at check in was so nice.

There was no extra charge for having a dog which was so nice. Plus we all had a great night sleep.

So if you need a pet friendly hotel stay here .

Room Tip: first floor is handy for taking out your 4 legged family member
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boggie_7
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at this location. It is our goal to provide a comfortable room for all our guests, including the 4 legged ones. Although it is not always possible, we try to accommodate guest's requests whenever the room location is available, and provide quality service to all our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing Red Roof Inn..

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We originally booked this room for 2 nights based on previous experiences with Red Roof Inns. I "assumed" all Red Roofs had converted to the Next Gen Rooms. Not the case. It was late when we arrived but after seeing the room, we decided to stay for only 1 night. Booked a non-smoking room with 2 beds. Beds are just doubles, not queens . . . when I pulled back the bedspreads, they had huge stains on them . . . ugh! . . . the window was so filthy you could barely see out of it (see photo below) . . .carpet looked old and dirty . . . room was full of flies, which we spent the first hour trying to kill. Bathroom so tiny you might care to dry off (with one of the two small bath towels) while standing in the tub. This way you can also avoid stepping out of the shower on to a dirty bathroom floor. Found a wet magic eraser on the bathroom floor (housekeeping or previous guest?). I was rather disappointed that they did not provide a hairdryer (had to run to WalMart to purchase one) or even a box of tissues (a small purse size packet was provided. Picture below, lol). One last gripe . . . they charge you $1.50 for the use of a "Safe with limited warranty" . . . seriously? Other guests seemed primarily made up of out of town labourers, or people travelling with dogs. My suggestion . . . spend the extra $20.00 and stay at the Holiday Inn Express right down the street.

Room Tip: Not worth the money . . . dirty, noisy, right next to the freeway . . . .spend the extra couple of dollars and book the Holiday Inn Express right down the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pamzib
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for pointing out areas of opportunity at this inn. I'm sorry we were unable to match your expectations based on your lodging experiences at other Red Roof Inn properties. We value each and every guest comment regarding their stay, and would like to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. The next time you are in the area please give me a call directly, and I will personally handle your reservaton and guarantee your satisfaction.