“Good room for a good price.”

Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stay at the red roof from time to time when in town on business.
Rooms are generally clean and the price is reasonable.
Good location and easy on - off from the interstate.
Usually a warm greeting when I walk through the front door.
There is a lady by the name of Patti who works the counter.
Always a smile on her face and Hi how are you to follow.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn when you are in the Wilkes-Barre area, and for taking time to review your experiences on Trip Advisor. Returning guests are valuable assets to the hotel business. I was pleased to hear that my front desk attendant makes you feel welcome when you arrive. We look forward to serving you again when business brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is our third time at this Red Roof. I have been to other Red Roofs and would not go back. This one is exceptionbal. The people, especially Jen, behind the desk are wonderful. The rooms are clean, the beds are good. We always stay on the first floor on the side away from the highway. It is quiet, and we can back our vehicle up to our door. If you like casinos, there is one just down the road. It is near malls and restaurants. Great place to get away.

Room Tip: First floor rooms away from highway are great and conveniant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie038

Thank you for taking time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We always like hearing positive feedback from our guests, as it promotes encouragement for the staff who all work hard to achieve quality and hospitality goals. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you pass through our area.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you are heading the the Poconos and plan on staying in Wilkes Barre you need to stay here. As a professional DJ I play the Pocono area frequently for corporate and private events. My wife and I always choose to stay at the Red Roof over the corporate accommodations. We find the staff extremely out going and personable from the front desk staff to housekeeping. It is a well kept property and even though it borders a highway you won't know it. VERY QUIET. we get a king room with a Comfy bed,Clean room, for almost 30% off other "higher starred" hotels. We have never had a bad experience and will always recommend red roof over the other properties. If you going to the casino, or up to Scranton to sightsee or now that its fall going to see the leaves turning do yourself a favor and STAY AT THE ROOF.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Wworek
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us such a nice compliment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was welcoming and accommodating. It is our goal to exceed your expectations every time. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

From the outside, this place doesn't look all that bad, but once inside it's like, as they say, being in a "French [--]".... The room wreaked of stale tobacco and who knows what else. The carpet was filthy, and it's just generally a nasty place. At least it was quiet and convenient for our purposes, but we couldn't get out of there fast enough in the morning. Usually I say you get what you pay for, but this time we didn't. No price is low enough to make this place worth staying at.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tubaman77-CTC

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasant. I can assure you that we are committed to providing a stay that is truly exceptional to all our guests. I am unsure if you contacted our front desk upon check in considering the problems you experienced. If you did, you should have been assigned a different room in a new location. I regret in this case this did not happen. I would like to talk to you personnally about this issue and have the opportunity to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This place was filthy, noisy, I did not feel safe and neither did the dog, room stank and bathroom was disgusting, sink was plugged. Yuk! Sheets were stained, door was kicked in, windows were filthy, really, really noisy with people partying, outside premises were disgusting, only stayed because it was 10:30 at nite and needed to be on the road by 5 am. I would not go back,
When we turned on the AC to get some sleep, it rattled so bad we had to shut off. This place gives Red Roof a bad name!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, only went there because my dog was with me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank molly13b
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for staying at our inn and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry about the inconveniences that you encountered while you were at my inn. Our goal ia to make sure each guest has a positive experience, and in your case we failed. There is no excuse for the noisy air conditioner, and we will be taking immediate action to correct this issue. You have pointed out some areas of opportunity as well, and we take all feedback seriously. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again, so you can see that your experience was an exception rather than the rule.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I read previous comments and if they expected perfection they should pay $100 and stay at the Ramada. It was clean and Sandy at the front fest is as sweet as it gets. You will not find better service and I have stayed at many Inns and Hotels. Kudos!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gmasib
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased that the front desk staff was accommodating and made you feel welcome. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, and we hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

It was our first time Staying at a red roof and at first I was a little worried about the location until I got there .The service was wonderful,Sandy at the front desk was very pleasant and made us feel welcomed .The rooms were very clean and I slept wonderful.The only down side is the location of the hotel ,very hard to find after you get off of the highway.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank RhondaN1954
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

I was happy to read your positive comments about our hotel and the service provided by the front desk staff upon your arrival. We take pride in the quality of our hotel and delivering the highest level of service possible. Thank you for taking time to provide such nice feedback, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.