“Very good rating”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
Colchester, Connecticut
“Very good rating”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. I have family in the area and needed a place to stay over night. We checked in at midnight. We stayed in a clean and comfortable room. The rooms were recently updated. The bathroom was small, but there was plenty of hot water and it was clean. My cousin also stayed in another room and they were allowed to bring their dog with them. The price was also very reasonable. Very close to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. Some other hotels in the area had really bad reviews and looked scary which is why we chose this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments and for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am very glad to hear your enjoyed a clean and comfortable room and your family enjoyed our pet friendly policy. We are conveniently located near Mohegan Sun and the racetrack and are the best value at this exit. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Long Valley, NJ
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for two nights last week for work in the area. First, the positive was the staff was very friendly from the little interaction I had during check-in and check-out. Unfortunately my room wasn't exactly spotless. First the "100% non-smoking hotel" might be true now, but my room still had the strong stench of smoke in it. As with older Red Roof's, I am sure this property had smoking rooms at one time and I was probably in one of them. Or if some idiot was too lazy to step 5 feet out the door to smoke, the room should be completely deep cleaned professionally. Secondly, when I arrived someone's used cotton swab was on the floor next to the bed. It was still there after housekeeping cleaned after my first night. Third, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was caked in dust. And finally the internet speed was OK in the late afternoon or morning, but came to crawl in the evening.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the mountain side of the hotel away from Rt. 309 & make sure it is a truly non...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre and providing us with your feedback. I am sorry we let you down in terms of housekeeping service and internet speed during your stay. Our guest WiFi will be upgraded in the near future. I am happy to hear our staff provided you with positive customer service. We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at a future date.
Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of prior experience with Red Roof. This smoke-free hotel is clean and quiet. Price was reasonable, too. We would definitely stay here again! There are good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am glad to hear you enjoyed a clean room and had a quiet stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Venice, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A family reunion brought us to the Red Roof Inn #139 in WB, PA from 1-7 July 2014. The location was ideal for our needs. Three rooms on the third floor accommodated our family! Ron, in charge of our rooms, was always attentive to our needs for towels & coffee! The staff was always courteous and friendly. Thank you to Jenn, Julia and Jamie. Rooms were clean, bathroom a little small, but a great flow on the shower head in addition to a fan! From our third floor we had a great view of city! One drawback was a smell of smoke in elevator. More frequent sprays of Febreze and No Smoking signs will help.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am happy to hear you found our location to be ideal for your family event. We greatly appreciate your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. Thank you again. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked this well in advance, since we were making a trek from New Hampshire to Michigan and this was as mid-point as we could get in a major town. Good value. I have stayed at Red Roof Inns before, but this was definitely updated. I absolutely love the hardwood (or laminate to look like hardwood?) floors, no surprises in the carpet. I actually felt safe to walk barefoot here! Everything was clean, and the stay was quiet. When we arrived the place was super busy. We had arrived around 11pm, and there was a line for the front desk. However, the woman at the front desk didn't seem stressed at all, she was pleasant and called my husband "hun", awe, very hospitable. She even ordered a pizza for somebody staying there. I don't care for Red Roof's strange tiny bathroom with the sink outside of the bathroom, but that's not a big deal. It was clean, that's all that matters to me. Excellent value and place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am happy to hear you like our renovations and enjoyed a clean room and a quiet stay. I am glad you found our staff to be pleasant and accommodating. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our car was breaking down, it was hot, my husband wasn't feeling well, and our cat needed attention... I found this Red Roof Inn directly across Hwy 315, I arrived there at 12:30 pm, way before check-in and was informed at booking a room would be possible at 2:30 pm. Ugh. Once the clerk heard about our situation she put us in a better room that I asked for, at a great rate without me requesting a discount! We had a superior king room that I thought was a bit small. The motel has been recently renovated, 100% smoke-free, and is very conveniently located on a hilltop-strip property between I-81 and Rt 315, and they are pet-friendly. The property has a perimeter fence that makes it safe for our cat to get out explore, she found a shady moss covered rock to chill out on after a long arduous trip in the car. Things might be taking a turn for the better for this couple!

Room Tip: The motel is surrounded by busy highways, but the room had a double-paned window and a noise-proof d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I am glad you were able to seek comfort at our inn given your unfortunate circumstances. I am happy to hear our staff were accommodating and that you enjoyed our pet friendly hotel. Thank you for your business and your positive comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I travel a lot using middle to upper end hotels and liked everything about this place. The front desk & housekeeping staff made us feel truly welcome (even though the hotel was fully booked), the hotel was fresh & well maintained, the grounds were well landscaped & maintained, great view of the valley and dog friendly. While smoke-free, they provided convenient yet out of the way areas for those that aren't. A good range of eateries near-by - fast food to 4*. While located at the intersection of several major roads in the area, there was no traffic noise. The hotel was very quiet overall.

An very pleasant stay and an excellent value - plan to stay here whenever in town.

Room Tip: If you like a view, ask for a room on the valley side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am very happy to hear you found our property to be fresh and well maintained and our staff made you feel welcome. Your positive feedback is an inspiration to our entire team. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. We look forward to serving you again.