“Impressed with the new superior king rooms!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena

Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
“Impressed with the new superior king rooms!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn, W-B, #139, 3 times in the month of August. All 3 times I booked the newly renovated superior king room. I was very pleased with the spacey rooms and the overall appearance of the rooms. I have been very pleased with the service I have received at the front desk, checking in and out, has been simple. Always a smiling, welcoming face at the front desk. I do not stay with pets, but it's nice to know that this hotel is pet friendly. The price of the room is a definite value!!! I plan on staying here whenever I'm in need of a hotel stay!!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us on three separate occasions at the Red Roof Inn - Wilkes-Barre. Your positive feedback is an inspiration to our entire team. I am happy to hear you found us to be a good value and that you enjoyed your stays in our Superior King rooms. I am also glad you were pleased with the service you received from our staff. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Didn't have a reservation. Saw signs advertising newly remolded rooms. They were correct. The room was very well done. Laminate floors, with carpet runners around bed; fresh pain and new vanity. New Tub enclosure and fixtures as well. Staff most helpful. It was not the Hilton or Hyatt; but very clean and new for a Senior rate of $59. Best value around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on back side of hotel, away from noise. Our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be a best value. I am happy you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and that our staff were helpful. We value your feedback and look forward to serving you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times traveling from one location to the other. The staff was excellent. The room was clean except for mold in toilet. The only issue we had was the people in the room beside us smoked in front of our room causing smoke to come in through air conditioner. It was
not the hotels fault. I addressed it at check out and the clerk immediately wrote it down. If you need amenities just ask the front desk, as not all rooms have hair dryers etc. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Wilkes-Barre We strive to provide each and every guest with a clean room, great service, and at a good rate. We truly appreciate your feedback to help us to continue to improve and provide our guest with the best lodging needs that we can. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My own mistake for not doing more research or reading reviews before booking this place. No complaints about the customer service as the front desk was pretty friendly, but our room was just disgusting. The moment I walked in, the place had an overwhelming smell of smoke. I just felt dirty breathing in there. To make matters worse, I noticed stains ALL OVER the white sheets and blankets. Smoke dectector was taped up with duct tape - def did not feel good about that. Also found a strange blood looking stain on the wall by the sink. I begged my boyfriend to stay out of that room for as long as possible and was so excited to wake up the next morning so I could leave. Yikes. Never staying at a Red Roof Inn again!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vanniebee
John S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback. I am very sorry we let you down regarding the cleanliness and odor of your room. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Colchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. I have family in the area and needed a place to stay over night. We checked in at midnight. We stayed in a clean and comfortable room. The rooms were recently updated. The bathroom was small, but there was plenty of hot water and it was clean. My cousin also stayed in another room and they were allowed to bring their dog with them. The price was also very reasonable. Very close to Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs. Some other hotels in the area had really bad reviews and looked scary which is why we chose this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments and for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am very glad to hear your enjoyed a clean and comfortable room and your family enjoyed our pet friendly policy. We are conveniently located near Mohegan Sun and the racetrack and are the best value at this exit. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Long Valley, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for two nights last week for work in the area. First, the positive was the staff was very friendly from the little interaction I had during check-in and check-out. Unfortunately my room wasn't exactly spotless. First the "100% non-smoking hotel" might be true now, but my room still had the strong stench of smoke in it. As with older Red Roof's, I am sure this property had smoking rooms at one time and I was probably in one of them. Or if some idiot was too lazy to step 5 feet out the door to smoke, the room should be completely deep cleaned professionally. Secondly, when I arrived someone's used cotton swab was on the floor next to the bed. It was still there after housekeeping cleaned after my first night. Third, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was caked in dust. And finally the internet speed was OK in the late afternoon or morning, but came to crawl in the evening.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the mountain side of the hotel away from Rt. 309 & make sure it is a truly non...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre and providing us with your feedback. I am sorry we let you down in terms of housekeeping service and internet speed during your stay. Our guest WiFi will be upgraded in the near future. I am happy to hear our staff provided you with positive customer service. We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at a future date.
Port Saint Lucie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of prior experience with Red Roof. This smoke-free hotel is clean and quiet. Price was reasonable, too. We would definitely stay here again! There are good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fayann K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre. I am glad to hear you enjoyed a clean room and had a quiet stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.