“Standard high quality of the Hampton”

Hampton Inn Williamsport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Typical Hampton Inn with great bed, breakfast and courteous front desk. Several nice restaurant to chose from in walking distance, staff can provide you a list with a map (I would recommend the Barrel).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We came to town for Lycoming's Accepted Students Day. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. When I called ahead to ask for a roll-away, the woman on the phone, upon learning that we were bringing 3 teenagers, set aside a suite with 2 sofa beds (most suites only have 1). This way each teen could have a separate bed (including the roll-away). I didn't know this was an option, and I appreciated that she was thinking about our needs and was proactive in meeting them.

That level of consideration continued when we checked in. Upon learning that our son was prospective Lycoming student, the desk clerk took the opportunity to warn us that Lycoming's freshman weekend coincided with the local Little League World Series and we should make sure to make our August reservations early - but at another hotel because they were fully booked (He wasn't just trying to sell us a future room at his hotel. He was just looking out for us.)

The room itself was clean and fresh smelling. The king-sized bed was very comfortable - the mattress was in very good condition - not old or saggy. I slept like a baby. The sofa beds and rollaway beds could have been better. Those mattresses were pretty thin. The teenagers who slept on them didn't mind, but I wouldn't have been happy on them. The rest of the furniture was adequate - nothing special. The windows didn't open, which was disappointing.

The bathroom was immaculate and up-to-date. The water pressure was not great, though. Also, I thought it was odd that they knew that there were 5 of us, thought ahead to put the rollaway in the room before we got there, but only gave us enough towels for 3 people and toiletries for 1. They were very quick and gracious about bringing up more, but I thought was odd.

I did have a gripe with the breakfast. It was supposed to be available until 10am. We came down at 9:30 and the offerings were well picked over and in need of replenishment. There were no breakfast meats at all, only "sausage gravy", next to a steam tray containing a couple scoops of dry, rubbery scrambled eggs. The waffle batter was nearly gone and we had to tip the container to get the last bit out (a very awkward undertaking). We told the attendant about things that needed to be replenished and she was clearly annoyed and did not replenish anything except the sugar packets. Clearly, the breakfast policy is that they put it out once and when it's gone, it's gone. Yes, they are open until 10am, but if you want fresh food, come at 7am. Maybe this works for people during the week, but not on a Sunday morning.

We stayed here using reward points, but I'm not sure I would come here again if I were paying real money. The breakfast was really the deal breaker. Just because it's included in the price doesn't mean it's "free" and it doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I should have known better than to pick this hotel based on the reviews! I am very glad that we only stayed one night! The decor is very outdated and the bathtub had the remains of an old mat that used to be stuck down. There was lots of noise next door sometime in the night that ruined my sleep, but thankfully my husband slept through it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Got exactly what I expected. Clean room. Light amenities in the room. Clean bed which was comfortable. Best of all was the staff. The folks that cleaned the rooms were fun and friendly. They would ask if I needed anything if they saw me even though I put the do not disturb on my door. Pool and hot tub were small but rarely used while I was there so I ended up being the only one most times.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had 6 youth basketball teams that we brought to a tournament at Lycoming College. The Hampton Inn was very accommodating and understanding with us. Having that many young kids was probably never racking for the staff, but they were very polite and understanding in dealing with our players. They also provided us use of a conference room where we could all gather at the end of the day. It is also very convenient access to Lycoming College and there is a Wegmans and Kohls next door which the mothers loved. This was our 3rd time staying at this Hampton INN and it was our best. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This Hampton Inn is a nice option if visiting Williamsport. It's located close enough to downtown that walking to most locations is an option. A nearby Wegman's supermarket has great prepared foods if you're in a rush. Price is very good for value received.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I would stay here again. Very nice hotel close to downtown, but not too close to be noisy. Easy to walk anywhere. We got a nice bag of treats and beads for Marti Gras. We come here every year and never been dissappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple