“Quick Trip”

Hampton Inn Williamsport
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Clean, friendly staff and breakfast is included. The location allows for lots ammenities by foot. Shopping, food and groceries along with a riverside walking trail/path. I wish I were staying longer than 1 night so that I could really enjoy the beautiful area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We always stay here when in the Williamsport area. The hotel is always neat and clean. The staff is very friendly. It is also close to Wegman's, a grocery that has a large restaurant area so you can get lunch, dinner and/or snacks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Been going to Williamsport for a few years as one of my favourite motorcycling destinations close to Toronto. We are frequent travelers who prefer the finer things in life if that's not TOO snotty. First time I stayed here as the BMW group we ride with always stayed on the outskirts of town. Although it's a small town the location is much better, the hotel is in great shape, and the people and breakfast were awesome. Wouldn't even bother trying anything else when I come back. This place is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stayed at many Hampton properties, but this one topped them all! The staff was extremly friendly, courtious, and most helpful. I would recomend this Hampton Hotel to anyone who is planning a stay in the Williamsport, PA. area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

People were nice and hotel was easy to find. Room was clean. Breakfast was good. I had a little trouble with the key but the front desk people were patient and we worked out. Always enjoy the free coffee and tea.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Typical Hampton Inn with great bed, breakfast and courteous front desk. Several nice restaurant to chose from in walking distance, staff can provide you a list with a map (I would recommend the Barrel).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We came to town for Lycoming's Accepted Students Day. The best thing about this hotel is the staff. When I called ahead to ask for a roll-away, the woman on the phone, upon learning that we were bringing 3 teenagers, set aside a suite with 2 sofa beds (most suites only have 1). This way each teen could have a separate bed (including the roll-away). I didn't know this was an option, and I appreciated that she was thinking about our needs and was proactive in meeting them.

That level of consideration continued when we checked in. Upon learning that our son was prospective Lycoming student, the desk clerk took the opportunity to warn us that Lycoming's freshman weekend coincided with the local Little League World Series and we should make sure to make our August reservations early - but at another hotel because they were fully booked (He wasn't just trying to sell us a future room at his hotel. He was just looking out for us.)

The room itself was clean and fresh smelling. The king-sized bed was very comfortable - the mattress was in very good condition - not old or saggy. I slept like a baby. The sofa beds and rollaway beds could have been better. Those mattresses were pretty thin. The teenagers who slept on them didn't mind, but I wouldn't have been happy on them. The rest of the furniture was adequate - nothing special. The windows didn't open, which was disappointing.

The bathroom was immaculate and up-to-date. The water pressure was not great, though. Also, I thought it was odd that they knew that there were 5 of us, thought ahead to put the rollaway in the room before we got there, but only gave us enough towels for 3 people and toiletries for 1. They were very quick and gracious about bringing up more, but I thought was odd.

I did have a gripe with the breakfast. It was supposed to be available until 10am. We came down at 9:30 and the offerings were well picked over and in need of replenishment. There were no breakfast meats at all, only "sausage gravy", next to a steam tray containing a couple scoops of dry, rubbery scrambled eggs. The waffle batter was nearly gone and we had to tip the container to get the last bit out (a very awkward undertaking). We told the attendant about things that needed to be replenished and she was clearly annoyed and did not replenish anything except the sugar packets. Clearly, the breakfast policy is that they put it out once and when it's gone, it's gone. Yes, they are open until 10am, but if you want fresh food, come at 7am. Maybe this works for people during the week, but not on a Sunday morning.

We stayed here using reward points, but I'm not sure I would come here again if I were paying real money. The breakfast was really the deal breaker. Just because it's included in the price doesn't mean it's "free" and it doesn't mean it shouldn't be good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family