“Clean, Bright hotel with great customer service!”

TownePlace Suites Williamsport
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel is great. I had my two children, my sister and the dog we are fostering. They accepted us all with open arms. Kaitlyn was wonderful and check-in. She gave us local information and was a very sweet girl. The hotel was VERY clean. The kids really enjoyed the indoor pool. The breakfast was standard but again very clean. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was plenty of room to spread out. We were only there one night but I wish we could have stayed longer.
Will stay again if the need to go to Williamsport comes up again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Kait S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

We are very glad you, your family, and your furry friend found your overall experience here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, Williamsport a joyous one from check in to check out.
At the TownePlace Suites we encourage all of our guests to explore our local area and the many attractions. We are pleased you got the pleasure of enjoying just that.
We’re thrilled to know you lavished in a spacious and clean room as well as our indoor pool and complimentary breakfast.
Our staff looks forward to serving each guest with the absolute best effort. We anticipate the opportunity to accommodate you in the future if you do return to Williamsport, PA.
Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites. We truly appreciate your feedback in this review on TripAdvisor. Our team values the opinion of each and every guest.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

This was my second stay at the TownPlace Suites. The hotel is clean. The beds are comfortable. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The exercise room is above average. It is conveniently located in the center of Williamsport just off Highway 15. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but there are plenty within walking distance. The continental breakfast is pretty standard for this type of hotel. If you want a bigger breakfast, there is a Perkins close by. The rooms are adequate for one or two, but a bit small for 3 or 4. I stayed there with my two teenage children and the room was bit small for us. On the upside, if you are staying for a while, there is a full sized refrigerator and a small stove. There is also a small store in the lobby. My daughter left her glasses there. The hotel staff was very helpful in sending them back to us.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Rene R, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the TownePlace Suites Williamsport. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are very pleased that you found cleanliness and comfort in the hotel. These are among the many high standard we strive to maintain. A vital feature of our guests rooms that many find enjoyable is that they are typicall larger and more spacious than traditional hotel rooms. While our suites are approximately 30% larger than most, not all suites were made to accommodate four or more guests. However, the next time you are in Williamsport, we invite you to stay in one of our two-bedroom suites.

As a downtown hotel, we were excited to hear that you had time to explore the local area. We hope you were able to dine at one the many restuarants and enjoyed the breakfast provided in the mornig at the TownePlace Suites. Our breakfast attendant is always looking for feedback; all comments and suggestions are encouraged.

Our team of hospitality professionals are focused on serving our customers, our guests and our community. It is our daily aim to provide only our best efforts to all we have the great fortune of meeting; both old friends and new.

Thank you again for staying at the TownePlace Suites Williamsport and an even bigger "THANKS!" for your time in providing a Trip Advisor review. The TPS team is very grateful for guests like you.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had to bring the kids and dog along so that my husband and I could attend the local Marine Corps League's Marine Corps Ball and this place fit the bill perfectly. We had a 2-BR Queen Suite, so there was plenty of room for everyone. We didn't use the kitchenette, but it was nicely stocked with everything someone might need for a longer stay.

Plenty of outlets all over the place for all the electronic devices that nobody can live without.

It's close (2 blocks) to what looks like a shopping mall/shopping center (with Wegman's, Kohl's, and a movie theatre). I walked the dog for 2 miles in the morning and saw a lot of the downtown and the local university.

If there is street noise, it didn't bother me at all. There was some construction going on nearby on Sunday morning, but that could happen anywhere. (Still, really...a Sunday? But that's not the hotel's fault.)

You park in a garage (on the 2nd floor) across the street and then have to go down to the 1st floor to cross to the hotel (outside) and then probably back in an elevator to get to your room. Wouldn't it be lovely if there were a bridge/walkway? That was kind of annoying, but it's a city.

Did not use the pool or fitness room, but the teens did and they gave them both a thumbs-up. They loved the fitness room and said it was very modern and nice. They just closed the blinds because it's on the first floor and creepy construction workers were looking in.

They ordered Chinese food from a local place (menu is available downstairs) and gave a thumbs-up to that, too.

The breakfast was better than standard "continental" fare, as they had nice mix-ins for oatmeal (brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon) and a selection of yogurt and fruit. Several kinds of cereal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Rene R, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Williamsport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Your feedback is very important to the staff and management of the TownePlace Suites Williamsport. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

As hospitaliy professionals, we strive to provide only the best service to our guests...even our four-legged guests. We just can't say how happy we are that all of the family was able to stay in Williamsport and take full adavantage of the offering provided to you. We love the area and are delighted that you did too!

Please know that should you travel into Williamsport again in the future, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel when we were in town for a concert. It was wonderful! I am very selective when it comes to hotels, and cleanliness is extremely important. I was not disappointed! Check-in was very easy and quick. We enjoyed the hot tub twice during our stay, and both times it was very peaceful and relaxing. Even though our 2nd floor room was on a very busy street, we were not disturbed by the traffic. The room was tastefully decorated and VERY clean. Even though we did not use them, appliances were available (refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, microwave, etc.). The bathroom had a very large shower with glass doors. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, and there were several choices. Someone was always busy adding items and cleaning up. The breakfast room was large and comfortable. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room that doesn't face Market St. We were...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites Williamsport during your recent trip to the area. I am so glad you and your husband enojyed your stay with us while coming to town for a concert.

The staff and management are thrilled beyond words that you shared your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide only the best to all of our guests. Should you and travel our way in the future, please know that we'd be more than happy to serve you again.

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I spent Wednesday, Nov 8 in Williamsport with my husband and daughter. We were visiting several colleges in the area and this hotel was our starting point. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room had two queen beds, fridge, stove, dishwasher, plates, etc. Check in was very fast and our room was clean with good lighting. The bathroom was laid out well, it even had a closet in it for extra storage. They have an evening reception from 6 to 7 and were very helpful with finding us a place to eat dinner. The have a nice breakfast in the morning with cereal, bagels, muffins and yogurt. The staff is very friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The only drawback to the hotel is that it is on a busy street and right across the street from the b...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The check-in process was very pleasant. The receptionist was very friendly and polite. It is refreshing.

This is the first time that I stayed at a Townplace Suites. The room is small for what I was expecting from a 'suite'. They managed to squeeze in a full kitchen in the room, very efficient use of space. The closet is huge comparing to all the hotels that I stayed in., can be walked into. The bathroom is a squared shaped room; it is roomy with a shower, no tub, and a single sink. The bed is firm and comfortable. That AC works perfectly. There was some almost un-noticeable stains on the carpet; I am ok with that. Oh, they offer Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, very nice!!! Overall, the room is very clean and comfortable.

The only issue I have is that my room, 117, is located on the main street, and you can hear the cars driving by all night long. If you are a light sleeper, I recommend that you as for a room on one of the other 3 sides of the hotel.

Parking: It is technically not 'onsite'. You will be parking in that garage across a very little traffic street that the hotel faces. You might want to unload your luggage before parking your car. The garage parking is complimentary for hotel guest. You will get a card that you insert into the ticket machine to lift the arm. Once entered in the garage, you will drive up the ramp which take you to the second floor where the reserved hotel spots. At the top of the ramp, you will see the little Townplace Suites signs hanging on the concrete wall in every reserved spots facing the hotel. Note: it is one way, if there is no spots in front of you, turn right and circle back, do not go up another ramp to the 3rd floor, go straight to circle around. The garage has elevators and stairs. When facing the hotel, the right corner is where you want to go to exit the garage.

Location: The hotel is very easy to find. On the street where the main entrance of the hotel on your left, ahead of you, you will see the sign for Kohls the clothing store. It is a very short walk. Next to it is Wegmen the grocery store.

Restaurants: We had China Royal delivered. The food was excellent; I am Chinese. We ordered the bbq spared ribs, sweet nd sour soup, Singapore curry noodles, and Shrimp Tung Ting something. All the food was very good. BUT... my sister and I both got stomach pain and ran to the bathroom all evening. I have a tough stomach and rarely get sick like this. If you insist on trying this restaurant, just make sure you have convenient assess to a restroom, just in case. The reason I am writing the review here is because their menu is available in the hotel lobby and that I can find the restaurant on this site. I wanted to share my experience so that you are prepared in case you want to give it a try.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is a newer, nice, clean and centrally located property. A far superior experience to the adjacent Holiday Inn in terms of room amenities, size and quality. Staff is quite friendly, albeit a bit young. I was placed in an accessible room due to my arrival time and the hotel being sold out. Room was a nice size although layout was a bit unusual due the accessible nature (flat screen television was placed so far from bed it was hard to see). Room was a queen bed. Nice size kitchen for extended stay. One complaint was the proximity to the elevator which makes a "ding" sound that can be heard from room. Basic continental breakfast (there is no bar or restaurant here) but plenty of nearby options including a great Wegmans market which sells beers until 10 and prepared foods galore. Front desk very accommodating with extended check out time. When in Williamsport for business, this is definitely a solid option.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business