“Excellent food and service”
Review of Old Corner Hotel

Old Corner Hotel
Ranked #12 of 178 Restaurants in Williamsport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We arrived late in Williamsport due to weather/traffic. Called the Old Corner Hotel based on their ad in the hotel guide. The manager said he was getting ready to close (it was 9pm) but would stay open for the four of us (me, my husband, our two sons, both in their 20s). Food was above par, service was friendly but not obtrusive. Beautiful setting (stained glass windows, marble and tile floors). Plus there is a bar in the building so that after dinner we could catch the hockey game.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Every time we come to Williamsport we look forward to going to the Old Corner for a great meal. If you didn't know anything about this place, you'd probably walk right by it. At first, you walk into the bar, but the dining room in the back is cozy and warm and has a 1920's-ish decor. The food is always top notch. I have nothing but compliments to the chef, and service is great too. The dining room is closed on Monday nights, so you might want to keep that in mind. I have never been disappointed in this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

The food here was very delicious. I shared a shrimp appetizer and also had the veal dinner. Absolutely wonderful. Best shrimp I think I have ever had. Plating of the food was impeccable. Menu prices for dinner were between $24 to $39. Worth every penny. From the outside it does not look appealing. Once you go inside thru the bar area to the restaurant, it is very charming. Not a place to bring children.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

I am a buisness traveler and went here on the hotel clerks recomendation. I had seen the reviews here and think they are fair. plate prices were 22 to 29 and included veal, elk, seafood, steak. Had the nightly specal pasta with beef tips and scallops. Very flavorfull, I could pick the dish apart but ultamatly would order it again. Having said that I would try several other things on the menu first. Limited wine list but again fair selections, not a wine snobs list though I did not really look over the bottels, just by glass. sorry if I mispelled anything take your chances, I may try this place again at some point if my travels bring me back this way.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

My mom and I were finishing up the second-to-last day of a Pennsylvania roadtrip that brought us to Williamsport. Upon reaching the hotel we did a quick internet search and learned about the Old Corner Hotel. Intrigued, we followed our curiosity and were well rewarded. The Old Corner Hotel turned out to be a fantastic restaurant with amazing turn-of-the-century ambience. Don't believe me? Check out the posted liquor licenses from the 1890s. The waitstaff was extremely friendly, pleasant and knowledgeable about the area (props to Sean) and the food was extremely tasty. My mom and I both had the soup of the day before our entree and devoured every last drop. If you ever have the opportunity to have their cream of potato soup with asparagus and chicken, do it! Creamy, savory, delicious. You won't be disappointed. The restaurant was a total gem. I'm planning on another visit to Williamsport soon with the Old Corner Hotel squarely front and center on my itinerary.