“Needs updated.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My dad booked this place for my girlfriend, baby and I from 6/12 - 6/15. We didn't last 2 nights. Upon showing up we noticed questionable caution tape across one of the hotel doors. For the price we paid we expected much more. The staff was friendly but the rooms need updated badly. The furniture in the rooms were stained and carpets old. Found hairs in the bathtub and due to the "gas men" it was noisy at night. We jumped ships the next day to a comfort inn right across the street. If you want the least expensive place in town and a single male (possibly a gas man) this might not be such a bad place. Would not recommend for a family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank iamfrontosa

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stay here if you cant find other arrangements..plenty of choice hotels within 50 mile radius..spend the time on the road, chairs filthy, stained, carpets may have been shampooed 20 years ago, beds were sagging, tv had no color, air conditioner couldn keep up with the heat..and we were there in may, shower stall was stained, bathroom floor was dirty.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gary m
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My family and I stayed in the Econolodge from Saturday (12/10/11) till Sunday morning (12/11/11). The service was nice however the rooms were iffy. We walked into our room(223) and it had a weird smell. We sprayed air freshener that we just so happened to have and sat our stuff down to relax. Looking at the floor it looked like it wasn't vacuumed and nothing was dusted. Our bathroom was gross and needed a real deep cleaning. The toilet looked like someone went to the bathroom on the seat. Our sink was dirty and looked like it was starting to rust a little. This place needs a bunch of upgrades but we got what we paid for. It's not expensive to stay there and like I said, you get what you pay for. The people are very nice and helpful but the rooms could use some help.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms don't have as much noise because they're off the street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Given that Econo Lodge does not pretend to be the Ritz Carlton, it is pretty much what you would expect from this level of hotel. The facility is old, run down and unfortunately reflects the community. To make matters worse the region is still recovering from the hurricane which further compromised their regional economy. I can say that I am less disappointed when a 2 star hotel is a 2 star hotel as opposed to a 4 star hotel that is really a 2 star hotel. On prior visits, the food was tolerable but noticed it was substandard both in selection, quality and value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

On Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm I checked into Econolodge PA 171 (Williamsport, PA). Upon entering our room (235), one of the first things I noticed was that we had two double beds when I had been told upon reserving the room that we would have two queens. I called the front desk and was told, "There's nothing I can do about it now. I'm sold out." Things went downhill fast!
The chairs were stained and one had something stuck on it.
The remote controls were filthy, as was the phone I used to call the front desk.
The walls were dirty. The grime behind the headboards was unbelievable.
The box springs were stained and falling apart.
When I turned down the bedspread, there were stains all over the back of it.
The bathroom ceiling looked to have mold growing on it, as did the bathtub and top of tub surround.
The sink was cracked and the faucet was missing the piece that covers the screw to hold it on thus allowing dirt and grime to settle in to that area.
We were not even given enough towels and washcloths for a family of four to bathe.
Given the visibility of the dirt in this room, we did not even feel comfortable taking off our shoes to walk on the floor!
While I understand that this is not a luxury hotel and that it is old, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for the lack of cleanliness we observed and were forced to sleep in. Had we not been in town for the championship game of the Little League World Series that Sunday, I would seriously have considered leaving immediately. Our vehicle was filled with too many things due to being on a road trip, or we would have slept in the back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin S
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Dont stay during lil league series, they boost the price, $160. Both rooms and carpet are filthy. My room had a dry blood smear by the bathroom light switch. I asked staff to direct me to neareat laundrymat. She refused and said, we prefer you use our one machine. Whatta money hungry joke. I felt like saying, "i got 3 loads lady, i'll pay you one loads $2 bucks to tell me...

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Ruedog36
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Husbands, if your wives are anything like mine you run the risk of hearing, “This is what happens when you go cheap” as you enter this hotel. This hotel is good for a night or two as a place to get some sleep and to take a shower. The staff is very good, responding quickly to requests. The breakfast is a little less than what I expected, just waffles and cereal. The rooms are in serious need of an upgrade and yes the bathtub was green.

We were in a room facing a gas station, with a lot of noise from idling trucks. As a result there was soot on the wall, especially noticeable in the bathroom. There was also a broken outlet, a hazard for travelers with children.

There is new construction on the property which should be an improvement over the current facilities. Hopefully when this construction is complete the owners will invest in a remodeling of the existing rooms. Until then I would recommend spending a little more to stay at one of the many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Only good for a night or two.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family