“PICK ANOTHER HOTEL” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
MISSISSAUGA
“PICK ANOTHER HOTEL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Gettysburg. It needs an overhaul. The rooms haven't been touched since the 1960's. The bathroom actually still has the old green bath/toilt/sink which I haven't seen in a very long time and the faucet was coming off the wall. Tiny television, small room and there was a panel on the wall that was falling off and nobody wanted to sleep next to it because the bed was shoved right up against it.

Our room faced the back wall of a gas station! I didn't want to be in the room so I sat outside reading a book when we had to go back to our room until lights out.

Breakfast area and lobby look like they have been upgraded more recently and the breakfast is basic but that is not unusual.

The details says that it is on "millionaires row historic district". I'm not sure where they all were but I sure couldn't find anything remotely like that; it is a business/retail strip type area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AWOL1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

When we travel with our small dog, our hotel options are limited, but we usually are able to find a number of hotels who will accept pets. However, in Williamsport, we only found three. Since we are Choice Hotel members, we opted for the EconoLodge to earn points. While this motel is one of the older ones we have stayed at, the staff was friendly, the room as clean, the wireless internet worked perfectly, and the breakfast was adequate and what we expect from Choice Hotels. The attached restaurant - The Lodge - was a pleasant surprise, and we had a great casual dinner of ribs, chicken and burgers that was 10% off by showing our room key. If you are traveling with a pet, the EconoLodge is a good choice in Williamsport.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank micshell66
HONESDALE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

We were traveling in the area to see our grandson play baseball. It is a very busy area and had trouble finding a room. We were somewhat nervous after reading some reviews in Tripadvisor, but not usually having any problems with Choice Hotels we decided to bool a room here. The hotel needs some work.( We had no hair dryer, a plate in the wall for an outlet was loose) but we had a refrigerator and the room was clean. Our room was right next to a busy commercial strip and overlooked an all night gas station but we heard no noise. Breakfast area was small but had good choices and was more than adequate.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ecb41
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

Stayed one night on the way south from Toronto.
Pros: The internet worked fine, the in-room fridge was a nice bonus. Front desk was efficient. The continental breakfast was fine. The price was low.
Cons: The rooms need an updating, the bathroom looks like something out a 1950s hospital room. Cleanliness was mediocre.
I found my room quiet and clean enough, but there were a lot of flying bugs. This is an EconoLodge, though - so my expectations were low. Hotels/motels around Williamsport were expensive, this had the lowest rates.

The recommendation below is only based on a similar scenario, ie just passing through and just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
No where, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

Okay, trying to save a few dollars plus stay in a discreet location. We accomplished both but...oh my. The rooms are dirty and bugs have been spotted. The walls are thin and you can hear just about everything. A lot of gas drilling workers were staying there and came and went all night long. The room was dark and dreary and you couldn't open the blinds unless you wanted everyone walking by to be able to see you. Only the top plug of the outlets worked and there were way too few so we had to take turns plugging things in. The bathroom light was outside the door and around the corner??? The fixtures were old and in dire need of replacement.

The room did have a nice, large refrigerator and a microwave. The internet is free and fast which was a bonus. The restaurant, The Lodge did have good wings and burgers.

I'd recommend upgrading and spending a few bucks more on the new Comfort Inn Suites across the street.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Williamsport hotels

Harrisburg, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

It's in a nice convenient location and it was a great value. HOWEVER, the blood stains on my husband's pillow is the reason for my "1 star" review. When I checked out in the morning, the clerk's response was "you could've called us for more pillows last night" -- um and you guys could've made sure there weren't blood stains on our pillows? Ew, yuck - won't ever stay at another Econo Lodge as long as I live!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

First of all, it's an EconoLodge, not the Ritz.

That said, what could have been a bad stay, with some red flags, turned out to be much better than expected.

This EconoLodge (despite the appearance from the picture, which makes it look like it's in the country) is on the edge of one of Wlliamsport's commercial strips. It's next to a Sheetz and across from some sort of a scary looking small bar/take out liquor store, but it doesn't feel unsafe. It's also near the Comfort Inn, across from the Sheetz.

My room was clean, freshly vacuumed, and quiet. I stayed back in the building that's not adjacent to the attached restaurant/bar, didn't face the street, and heard nothing. (Nor from the bar/take out across the street, it's far enough across that it isn't really next door.) The bathroom was also clean.

The high speed Internet was just fine...I used it throughout my stay, and it was pretty much standard or even a little quicker than some hotel connections.

The TV was a standard cheap tube set, but had full local basic cable (Comcast, IIRC) and the picture was more than fine.

I had very little experience with the front desk, just check-in and check-out, but they were helpful.

If I paid $100 for this room, I'd be disappointed, but I was using Choice points for it. It was a decent room for whatever they charge for it (probably $60ish?). I saw the reviews for it here, and almost declined to book it, but I'm glad I did. Some of the factors I mentioned make me wonder if I just got lucky in room placement, or if people behaved themselves, but I have no complaints for my stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo