“Nice hotel, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Williamsport

Holiday Inn Williamsport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Williamsport
TOLEDO
“Nice hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Hotel is very nice. It is located close to the highway and close to the downtown area. The person working at the front desk (wish I could remember his name) was awesome! He quickly checked us in and was happy to give suggestions for dinner, something to do, etc. The room was nice and clean. The TV was large and the bed was comfortable. The room had wood flooring which we thought was pretty cool in a hotel. The pool area was nice as well. My only complaint was that there were no towels as the night went on, not a big deal though. Great hotel, great price. Keep it up!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My first night was what I am accustomed to when traveling. From the minute I walked in there were two nice women working, I wish I remembered their names because they went above and beyond to help me. My room had a smell from someone cooking, I walked down to get my cc and license which I left their when checking in. I mentioned the smell to the women and they gave me some spray which helped immensely and it was a great stay.

The next day was about as bad as you can have, the lady working was disinterested in general. I go to the second floor and instantly I smell smoke but when I walk to my door I see a no smoking sign on it and felt better - thinking it was just the hallway that smelled. Unfortunately, as confirmed the next day, the second floor used to, or still does, house their smoking section. Could not sleep as the smell was overbearing and the a/c was nowhere near the level of the one from the previous night.

If I were rating the one night it would be a 5 on it's own, the second night would have been 1 -- mainly because if Holiday is going to market a room as smoke-free, it should be just that smoke-free.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Smlst40
hi_mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Williamsport, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to complete a review of our property! We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests, good or bad. I was very pleased to read how great the gals were at check in and how quickly they respond to your request. However I was very disheartened to read the comment about the 2nd day. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the staff member you had mentioned did not display excellent customer service. It is unacceptable and I will make sure to pass on your comments. Lastly, we do have smoking rooms on property on our 2nd floor, along with nonsmoking rooms on the same floor. We have decided in late 2013, early 2014 to do a complete renovation of that corridor, which we will be replacing the carpet and converting all guest rooms to non-smoking. Thanks again for your review! We hope to see you back soon! Have a great day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We checked in on a night of first Friday in Williamsport, which was also the last week of class for two area colleges and some type of softball tournament. The staff was great, we were put in a room and heard zero noise. The room and common areas were clean and well appointed. The area was great.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Nate, at the front desk, was responsible for the QUICKEST check-in I have ever experienced. Nicely done. No complaints about our stay--decent location. I would certainly return.

...and now I will keep typing because TripAdvisor won't let me post this unless it is 200 characters.

Room Tip: We were facing the river, but all we saw from our 4th story room was Holiday Inn Express. There wer...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lafayette, LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had a reservation to stay at this hotel in March. I arrived late and the only room available was a smoking room. I refused to stay there and the desk manager said that he would not charge me for the room. I received my credit card statement and the room charge was on the statement. The hotel was contacted and they offered me a stay there on my next trip at no charge rather than issue the credit. Very good customer service!

Upon arrival, the manager recognized the reservation and confirmed no charge. I asked if I would be in a non smoking room and floor and he assured me I was. The moment I stepped off the elevator on to the 5th floor I could smell cigarette smoke. I went to my room and the smell was evident there as well. I spent the night but wouldn't recommend the hotel if you don't care for the odor of smoking.

Room was clean, AC good, bathroom good - standard Holiday Inn accommodations.

Front desk workers were all very pleasant and always offered help!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tony A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Williamsport, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Tony A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We work very hard to assure our accommodations are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I am sorry that on this visit you were disappointed with the smell from the room. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for enhancements needed at our property.

Despite your disappointment, I am happy that you have recognized the service of our staff. I hope the next time that you are in the area you give our hotel another try and you can be assured of our very best attention.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
tappan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Placed a reservation for a NON SMOKING room. My request wasn't honored and the only room available to me was a smoking room. My Business case unfortunately smelled of the cigarette smoke and my sleep was less than comfortable due to the poor air. I had to leave my business case outside to try and remove the smoke.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hopejudith
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Williamsport, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear hopejudith,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Watertown, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here to look at the Williamsport Family Medicine Residency Program. The hotel was very efficient processing check-in, and there was definitely a busy atmosphere about the place - courtesy mostly of the various oil and gas line men staying there. We enjoyed a great reception and food in the Library Lounge. Food was great, and the bartender was extremely efficient to handle 40 people by herself. The room was very comfortable - temperature stayed constant, very little extra noise. Bathroom was sizeable, but I did notice a little mildew in the soap spaces that seems like it could have easily been cleaned. The wood floors were a great touch to the room and made it feel even more clean. Parking was a challenge - the lots in front of the hotel and at the adjoining Holiday Inn Express fill up very quickly. There is additional parking at the back, but I did not notice an entrance, so had to walk back around to the front in the cold and wind. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to those heading to Williamsport for business or baseball.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business