“You Couldn't Ask for More”

Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel upgraded me to a two room suite. What a nice upgrade! Clean, comfortable, spacious-everything you could ask for in overnight accommodations. Incredibly "easy-on, easy off" the turnpike which is a plus when you're doing a 5 hour drive.

The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and (obviously) made me feel special. If I'm in the area I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback . I'm glad to read that you had a great stay. Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. We usually stay at Marriott properties so this worked out well. The hotel was nice. Front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. Our room was clean and in good working order. Only complaint, the walls are thin. Anytime anyone was in the hall talking we could hear every word. I would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

I'm glad that you had a nice stay . Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I generally choose to stay at Marriott branded hotels due to the quality of the accomodation and the perks from being a Marriott Rewards member. I also really enjoy the 'all-you-can-eat' breakfast buffet that I am accustomed to at Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott hotels. Unfortunalty it appears that the buffet breakfast has now been removed from Coutyrad by Marriott hotels. Not only does this reduce the variety of the breakfast offering, but also extends the time that it takes to have breakfast as all meals are cooked to order. During my 5 night stay I only had breakfast on the first morning as I would have been late into the office otherwise!
Apart from that the hotel is in great shape. Nice renovated rooms, a relaxing lounge area and walking distance to two neighbourhood resturant/bars.
This will be my accomodation choice next time I am in the area, but I really do hope that they reintroduce the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I apologize that the Courtyard brand no longer has a buffet breakfast as part of the services provided by the hotel . I' m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay . Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel to be close to a client site, for two rounds of meetings with a very early start making for a very long day.

You know that feeling when you feel like everyone is really wanting to make it happen for you and are cheering you on-- that is the feeling that I had here during my two day stay.

From the my first phone call with the hotel, the restaurant recommendations, the complimentary water at check in for Marriott silver, a nice clean room, a prompt wake up call, a nice morning coffee.

The kindness of the staff is really what made my stay here excellent.

I expect to cover the same meeting again next year and if so, I will stay here for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I' m glad to hear that you had a nice stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

It was interesting that we had not stayed there since last year, but the front-desk associate who checked us in on Sunday night remembered us. Others at the front desk were equally as sociable. I found that getting breakfast was efficient, maybe because the hotel was not fully booked on any of the nights we were there. In any event, it was a refreshing change from what’s been my biggest gripe about most Courtyards regarding the removal of the breakfast buffet: excessively long lines and wait times, with overworked staff during the peak hours. I was also pleasantly surprised that the hot tub was in operation , and not cemented over (due to accessibility-regulation costs), as has been done at some other Courtyards.

The location was right off I-276 (PA Turnpike), with an easy drive to both downtown as well as King of Prussia and Valley Forge. In addition, it was within a mile of several local and chain restaurants.

Room Tip: Most second-floor rooms have balconies, and those on the inside face the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I'm glad to hear that your stay was great. Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The conditions were horrible! We put clients in these rooms and the pictures were deplorable! There was dirt and what appeared to be blood stains and feces in several places in the room. We read the reviews and everything was so positive. I would never book this hotel again for clients or anyone doing business in the area for us!!

If you are ever in the area...Stay away!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I wanted to take a moment and respond to your negative comments in regards to the property. Please feel free to call the hotel and ask for the manager so we can discuss this feedback directly.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for a wedding in the area this past September. The hotel itself was very modern, clean and did the trick! There's a nice lobby, courtyard and a breakfast bar with Starbucks coffee.

There's also a couple bar/restaurants right across from the parking lot which were very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your positive feedback about your stay. Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warminster - Horsham
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!