“Good, clean hotel - nothing amazing”

Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Boston
“Good, clean hotel - nothing amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is a Courtyard Marriott, so it is not amazing. However, it is clean, seems renovated recently, and not that expensive. The bed was very comfortable - possibly the most comfortable bed I have found in a hotel. We stayed here while in town for a wedding, and it was the perfect place for a stopover. If you will be spending significant amounts of time at your hotel, I wouldn't recommend it. Otherwise, it is great. My one complaint was the poor water pressure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Recent stay for a wedding. Was shown rooms prior to stay and selected a suite due to the fact I anticipated entertaining other guests. This was discussed with management prior to reservations. Was told this would not be a problem.
Arrived and the room I was shown was not available and put into a handicaped room ( I have no handicaps).
Counter personal were of no help in resolving this problem. Stay was nothing but a mistake.
I spend 150 nights a year in hotels and this has to be that worst experience I have ever had.
The suite was $250 a night and I would rate it more in line with an average room in the range or maybe $100.
I would not recommend this location to anyone traveling the area.
Further complaint will be filed with Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
I apologize that you had a bad experience at the hotel. Please call me at the hotel to discuss this further.
Linden, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was a very enjoyable hotel stay. We were there to attend a David Bromberg Show in Glenside, at The Keswick Thtre. About 5 miles from there. The hotel was clean, spacious, very accommodating. The pool was virtually empty whenever we went swimming. A nice Whirlpool. VERY BIG. VERY HOT. A perfect complement to a swim, and to relax. We had breakfast included in our room rate, which saves you a couple bucks. Breakfast was well portioned, hot, cooked to order, and tasty. We didn't have drinks there due to other reviewers saying how steep the prices were, but looking at the drink guide, they didn't look all that unreasonable.We explored the surrounding area for dinner and drinks, and there were lots of places within walking distance. The round trip cab ride from the Hotel to The Keswick Thtre. was 30..00, plus tip. Not unreasonable if your having drinks and don't want to kill people while driving. A great stay. Entrance to highway to Philadelphia is 50ft. from the front door, so the location is excellent. Marriott. Our newest favorite hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2nd fl. suite.Ask for a balcony. In Hot months, stay in a Courtyard room, it's se...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grateful908
I'm glad to read that you had a nice stay. Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard would have earned an extra star except for a few minor gaffs. When I checked in, there were two employees at the desk, but one was chatting with other staff, so I had to wait for service. The room was clean and comfortable. I like that they have a bistro for drinks and light dinner in the lobby, but the prices for the wines are too high for the beverages offered. There are a few bars/restaurants within walking distance though. Starbucks for breakfast is another plus, but they don't open till 6:30 PM. I wish they opened just 30 minutes earlier. The minor annoyances are not enough to keep me from returning, but I just felt that they could do better.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MrJoelB
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I apologize that your past stay was just okay. Please call the hotel when you have a minute and we can further discuss your stay. Thanks for choosing to stay at the hotel.
Killingworth, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I usually stay here Sunday nights if I have to travel to the area - for the most part due to location and friendly wknd staff.
Probably not now - the room I was in you can tell the housekeeping didn't "finish" - there was a used bar of soap and non-hotel cleanser in the shower, the toilet had stains on the base, the carpet had "vacuumable stuff" on it - the lamp and radio clock were unplugged and nightstand was away from the wall - and the sign for the door was under the sink.
While I normally would say this is an isolated incident - I have seen a decline in the hotel for past years (even after renovation)
It comes down to staff - some are great but others are not.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
I apologize that you had a bad experience at the hotel. Please call the hotel when you have a moment to further discuss your stay. Thank You.
Prospect CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room was clean and the staff was friendly enough. However if you are in the mood for a glass of wine go anywhere other than the hotels "Bistro". There were restaurants on each side of this Marriott I could have gone to but decided to have a glass of wine in their Bistro and relax. I was charged $12.40 for one glass of Merlot, a dirty glass at that. I am familiar with the wine I purchased and it costs $10 for the bottle.
As a business traveler I have been in many other Courtyards and was happy to pay the $6 or $7 for the same glass of wine. When I asked the gentleman who served me if he was serious he said they charge you so much more for the convenience.
This will be my last stay at this Marriott, its the prinicpal of the matter- I don't like getting ripped off. They should be embarrassed.

Room Tip: The hotel is convenient, but dine and enjoy a glass of wine at one of the restaurants located on eit...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
I' m happy to read that you had a nice stay . I understanding you had some feedback in regards to the pricing of our wines. Please feel free to call the hotel to further discuss the issue.
Oberursel (Taunus), Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The hotel room was quite nice. There is a restaurant within walking distance. The hotel restaurant is also great, especially the genuine Starbucks coffee. Their cappuccino was fantastic! The gym was quite good, with new machines that are well kept. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I'm glad to hear that you had a nice stay. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!