“Ehh...it's ok”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Richmond, Virginia
“Ehh...it's ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I'm still disappointed that Marriott still has no breakfast included in their typical price. At very minimum I think there should be a lounge with fresh coffee and fruit/fresh breads (none of this frozen pre-packaged sweet stuff). There is a one-cup coffee maker in the room thankfully. No fridge. The rooms are clean, good quality A/C, and quiet, even on the road side. Beds are unusually uncomfortable and the pillows are even worse (large fluffy ones that squish down to nothing as they fold around your face). Staff were very kind and friendly. It's an OK place, but that's about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I wanted to apologize for the lack of free breakfast with your room. Thank you for staying at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great facility, courtyard was a nice touch, the staff was very freindly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. They met all of our needs and provided any service that we requested. I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed for two weeks in June. The hotel has a small diner type area, were the breakfast in serve. There is a very pleasant courtyard area for sitting out if the weather is nice. Rooms were nice and roomy. The only problem was if you are in the first floor, every single step the guest above you take you will hear and this was annoying (need a better sound proofing).
in the other hand the reception area were very indifferent with your arrival, will not go out of their way to help guess. I asked for early check in, and when I got there was told I have to wait until 4 pm. I arrived in an early flight at 1230. I try to check in 2 more time and without checking even making an attempt to call housekeeping to get an update on the room. She just say, sorry sir we only have a 4pm guarantee. Four other people were waiting in the lobby for room, they made us fill out registration and again without calling housekeeping for update. at 4:01 they started to issue rooms. what a surprise. they were to lazy and indifferent with guess.

Room Tip: Take a room second floor that way you don't have to listen to the guest above you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CosmePerez
Al J, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I wanted to apologize for the delay that you had experienced in getting you checked in on Saturday. If you have a moment to please call the hotel to discuss this further. Thanks
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I got married at Cairnwood Estate and they recommended this hotel for my out of town guests. It was about 20 minutes away from Cairnwood. It was a good place for our guests to stay. We stopped by the hotel before creating a block of rooms and they showed us a room and the bridal suite. The rooms have been redone not long ago, and were in good condition. We set up a block of rooms. The event planning manager, Kari, was very helpful throughout the process. She responded to emails in a timely manner. She also helped me keep track of guests in our block, and the ones who booked outside of our block. She was also helpful in planning a breakfast the morning after the wedding and helping to coordinate our hotel gift bags. Another benefit of this hotel is that there are two bars next to the hotel for a post-wedding gathering. Millers Ale House is the closet bar, and is very spacious. I recommend using this hotel when making accommodations for out of town guest for your wedding. (By the way, we used Limo Today to shuttle guests to and from the venue. I recommend them also.)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I' m glad to read that you had a nice stay and were happy with the property. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed for two nights in June. The hotel has a small diner type area, I just had breakfasts but they were quickly served hot and tasty. There is a very pleasant courtyard area for sitting out if the weather is nice. This is the first time I've stayed here. I will stay here again when I'm next in Horsham. Rooms were modern and fresh. I liked it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Im glad to read that you had a nice stay and would stay here again if you return to the area. Thanks for staying at the hotel .
Manlius, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard in Willow Grove for one night. They could not find our reservation, because it was filed under my first name rather than last name. For $210 per night, one would have thought that breakfast would have been included.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here two nights for one of my closest friend’s from college’s wedding. This is where (as his mom put it) stuffed the guest until we were needed. The hotel is located in Willow Grove right where the 276 and 611 meet. If you’re coming from the 276 or the 611 going north, you’ll have to make a u-turn into the gas station to get the place. Otherwise if you’re heading south on the 611 you’ll just have to turn right into the hotel parking lot. The hotel shares a space with a bar/restaurant, and there’s also a Home Depot pretty close.

Walking in the lobby is very open, modern, and airy, with a lot of natural light. It defiantly looks like it has been renovated recently, complete with a flat screen TV info station, contemporary furniture, a small business center, and ‘The Bistro’ café. Is it the most fancy place in the world? No, but I’ve been in plenty of nice hotels before, and I have no problem or qualms about this place. Walking in you’ll find it’s clean, efficient, and put together, a great credit to its managerial staff.

The hotel is shaped like a ‘U’, with two wings that are accessed from turning either left or right when you’re in the lobby. There are also direct entrances around the outside that takes you straight into the room, however if you don’t have a card key, you can’t get into any of the side entrances, and will have to go in through the main lobby.

Going into the room, I was very pleasantly surprised. My normal experience when I stay at a mid-level chain hotel in a small town is that the rooms are a little stale and out of date, however that was not the case this time around. Like the lobby the rooms were modern and bright. Maybe’s it’s purely physiological, as you’ll just naturally feel more relaxed when you go to ‘your room’ at a hotel, but going into my room I was immediately put at ease. The sheets were clean and comfortable, a 32’’ flat screen TV was easily viewable, a good-sized bathroom and a nice and convenient workspace to put my computer down. I even had a balcony that looked out to the parking lot (not that the view was particularly great, but still a cool little feature).

I toured around the property and caught a glimpse of the fitness center and the pool. The fitness center was pretty basic, a couple of treadmills, an elliptical, a stationary bike, one workout bench, and a rack of weight that go up to fifty pounds. Again it was pretty basic, but I was able to get creative and put in a decent workout. However I must confess I was the only one in the fitness center the whole time I was there, and if there was a second, it might have been too crowded to do what I was doing.

There is also a pool, of which I did not go into, but it’s inside and there is also a hot tub present as well. A small patio area with lounge chairs and tables to sit around in right outside the pool area, which is located inside the ‘U’ of the property. What was funny was that various other guests from our wedding party were able to come out onto their balconies and see us lounging around the outside (yes, they came an joined us).

I had breakfast at ‘The Bistro” the first morning I was there, and again it didn’t disappoint. It doesn’t have the biggest menu in the world, but a solid selection of breakfast items made to order, and brought to your table. I had oatmeal a fruit, and for about six bucks it more than filled me up, and was plated and put together very well. If I were to have stayed longer, I wouldn’t have any complaints about going down for breakfast on a regular basis.

In the end, I have no complaints over my stay. It was convenient and comfortable, and for a hotel like this that’s all you can ask for. The staff was very professional and unfailing polite, it’s defiantly a well-run ship! Although the likelihood of me every coming back and stay here again are slim, if the opportunity every comes up I know where I’m going to stay!

Room Tip: Get one that looks at the pool rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
I'm gald to read that you were happy with your stay. Thanks for staying at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!