“great stay”

SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Willow Grove
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed here before but this is the first time with renovations. I stay here when visiting family because it is so close to the turnpike. Check in was easy, place was clean and inviting, new decor very nice, larger eating area. The pool was clean and was great after a long day travel but the pool area was dirty and unappealing but probably the fault of kids with dirty feet. Towels provided and ample places to sit. I was there alone so it was nice. The next day my travel buddy wanted a different room because of bed arrangements. We had gotten the least expensive arrangement which was a king bed but she did not sleep well for fear of disturbing me. The manager at the desk, Stephen was very, very accommodating and allowed us to switch rooms for no added fees. He was very kind and gracious and we were grateful. Breakfast was ok for what it is, a buffet, nice selection. Parents should keep their little kids away from the food, though. The beds are very nice, the rooms clean, public areas nice, coffee and hot water available all day. Ist floor rooms convenient to the parking lot. I will definitely keep coming back. The only little annoying thing is that the towels are a bit thin and small but they were clean and did the job.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
shs_phlwl_gm, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Hello Bohrski,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are extremely pleased with the hotel's renovation. The hotel had a complete re-haul and it turned out beautifully. From the spacious and inviting lobby to the warm and well-appointed guest rooms, it was all very well done. I am glad I was able to help you and your companion personally, all of the staff here from management on down are more than ready and willing to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability. Thank you again and we hope you return soon.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here during our family visit to Philly - while it was a bit of a drive to central Philly - it was still conveniently located near the highway and our gps took us in//out of town in various paths which made the trip even more interesting and sight seeing worthy. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable with a nice breakfast service. The front desk staff were always smiling, greeting and helpful. Thank you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello AnnieTinMia,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad you decided to stay at our hotel. The location of the hotel works very well for our guests, with easy access to the turnpike and main roads you can arrive at whichever destination you need with ease, all while having almost no impact from highway noise. It's a real win-win. The staff at this hotel is ready and willing to do anything we can to help our guests, attentively, and with a smile. Thank you again we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a chance to stay here during my vacation to Ocean City. I stopped on my way there and on the way back (5 days apart). I was really happy with my choice. The fist night the lady at the front desk was very nice (her name starts with a K I believe), answered all my questions and was very helpful. I read the reviews and was a little worried. I was looking for a few things, decent breakfast, comfortable rooms and a pool for the kids. The room was comfortable with new carpets and clean environment. The lobby and hallways seemed recently renovated so I was happy about this. The breakfast was good! It is included on the rate and is not the simple cereal and coffee. It has eggs, sausage, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, muffins, toast, etc. Not sure what else you would need or why people would criticize this specially when it is included in the rate. I always look for places with breakfasts so I don't have to worry to go somewhere with the kids.
The pool was good too, by the way.
On the way back I received the same treatment. If I travel down that way again I would look into this.

Room Tip: Select First floor so you can park in the back and walk into your floor. The first floor is actuall...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear JonB3000,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We love to hear about guest's experiences at our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed everything as much as you did. We have some of the best staff around in my opinion and I am glad you got a chance to interact with them. The SpringHill Suites breakfast program has all of our guest's needs in mind, from hot food options to fresh fruit and yogurt ready to grab and go if you're in a hurry. We most certainly hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Currently staying at this hotel. Good location and the area is fine. However, I was given a key to a room already inhabited by someone, luckily it didn't work. The lady inside was as surprised as I was. I pick hotels largely by their gyms and this hotel appeared to have a decent one. Once there I found that none of the TV's on the ellipticals work. There's one TV on the wall, but it's behind the ellipticals and treadmills. So no entertainment while you get your cardio in. I check out tomorrow and hope that these are the only "surprises" I encounter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
shs_phlwl_gm, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to write our review. The trouble you had with your keys concerns us at the hotel. However, the system we have to make keys at our hotel does not allow for what you described to happen. We can only issue keys for a particular room with that guests information displayed on the computer screen. The key machines are controlled purely by the computer and we do not have to enter room numbers at all. The information is all pulled automatically from a guests reservation/folio information. Perhaps this was a case of misread handwriting, however I can assure you we never hand out keys to guests occuppied rooms to other guests. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me directly at the hotel. We hope everything else with your stay was smooth and thank you for staying at the Willow Grove SpringHill Suites.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was great and helpful. Not far from Sesame place (~20mins). Hotel has a laundry room which is an added benefit with kids. Easy access to highway, gas station and restaurants. Overall, a nice hotel and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Close to Walmart
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very pleased that you recommend the hotel. We thrive on word of mouth and we are glad that you would have good things to say about us. Our location is perfect for a lot of our guests travel needs. We're far enough from the turnpike and busy roads to not be impacted heavily by their noise, but close enough to get you on the road and going quickly. Conveniently located two miles north from the Willow Grove Mall, and only a couple of miles south of all the shopping, eating and entertainment that Warminster and Warrington have to offer and combined with having a number of restaurants and a Walmart super center located very close to the hotel, our location cannot be beat.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in Willow Grove for a weekend and we both were very happy with the Springhill Suites hotel there..Our room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast in the morning was crowded but very tasty. The woman who checked us in was very nice and professional. We are looking forward to our next stay here..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jerseyboy1965

Hello Jerseyboy1965,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We cannot wait to have you back at our hotel. We love when our guests enjoy their stay and are excited that you plan on returning. Cleanliness and friendly, attentive, service are the tenets that we know our guests expect and deserve and we aim to deliver those everyday here at the SpringHill Suites Willow Grove.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Reasonable rate (is there such a thing?) and good location.

PROS
1. Clean room
2. Great location
3. Free parking

CONS
1. Pool is VERY small (it's fine, but I couldn't use it for laps for exercise)
2. Breakfast is NOT managed well - we had to wait 30 minutes for eggs. I think the lay out could DEFINITELY use some improvement - perhaps two-sided buffet, FREQUENT refreshes on food, MORE employees staffing it. The two servers were running back and forth NON STOP and could not keep up with demand. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out you could improve the lay-out and possibly provide an extra 2 hours of help on a busy Sunday morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lovethat
shs_phlwl_gm, Manager at SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello lovethat,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and prime location. Breakfast does occasionally get busy, our guests love the free hot breakfast we offer with scrambled egg, and assorted breakfast meats available. To the large variety of toasts, bagels, pastries, and yogurts, what's not to love? However it never gets to a point that it escapes our control. Thank you for your thoughts, they will be taken into consideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willow Grove
Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hampton Inn Philadelphia / Willow Grove
Courtyard Philadelphia Willow Grove
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia/Ft. Washington
TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham

Been to SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove? Share your experiences!