“All that we had hoped for... and MORE!”
Review of Apple Bin Inn

Apple Bin Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“All that we had hoped for... and MORE!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What can I say about this wonderful B&B that hasn't been said already? Truth is, words cannot do Apple Bin Inn the justice it deserves. We stayed at Apple Bin Inn for two days and three nights to celebrate our three year anniversary, and I must say that Steve and Jamie contributed to our anniversary being a memorable one. The house is just absolutely breathtaking, and both Steve and Jamie were friendly, attentive, and overall great hosts during our stay. Me and my husband equally felt so comfortable being in their home, and our biggest regret was only booking for three days and two nights! Our room (the Gala) was amazing and clean!!! The quilt laid on our bed was personally hand stitched by Jamie's grandmother, and it was just lovely.

Breakfast? More like a morning feast filled with both yummy appetizers and main courses. When my husband requested a receipt of one of Jamie's dishes to make and share with the firefighters at his firehouse, Steve within minutes produced a printout copy in hand! Our last evening there, we decided to head out to have a nice romantic dinner, and wanted to continue the night with bottled wine previously purchased at a local winery. We asked if we could use some glasses and a bottle open when we returned. Upon returning to the Apple Bin Inn, Steve had set out a tray with not only glasses and a bottle opener, but also fresh fruit for us to share. Talk about romantic!!! Steve and Jamie were also willing to accommodate us and our request (e.g., borrow lawn chairs to attend a local outside concert), and were both extremely informative about great sites and restaurants to visit. The final bonus were their two adorable and friendly cats! Talk about "meet and greet"! Not only were we welcomed by Steve and Jamie, but also by the house cats as well!

On our three hour ride back into NYC, all me and my husband could talk about is when we would be able to return! We had such an amazing and pleasant experience, and look forward to our revisit at the Apple Bin Inn.

Jenny and Julio Padilla
Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hunstville
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My entire experience with Steve and Jaime from my first phone call to leaving was outstanding. They take their guests very seriously and want you to feel comfortable and at home - yet they give you plenty of privacy. Apple Bin is very, very clean. No dust or dirt anywhere. The Gala Suite was wonderful with a comfortable sitting area and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was beautiful and delicious. Steve gave GREAT advice on sites to see and picturesque routes to get me there, as well as perfect directions from the airport. Southern Hospitality in Pennsylvania. Don't stay in Lancaster, stay here, you'll be far more comfortable and you're only five minutes away from downtown. Great central location to many spots - even Gettysburg is not far. Enjoy! All the best Steve and Jaime. I hope we can return someday soon.

Room Tip: I loved the Gala Suite (didn't see the other rooms) but they had a great little guest house as w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Steve and Jamie made me and my two cousins feel extremely welcome and "at home" as we stayed for a weekend visit to my grandparents at Willow Valley Retirement community. Their abundance of hospitality was outside the realm of normal hotel accommodations. They consistently anticipated our needs and left us asking for nothing. I enjoyed my stay, and can't wait to stay there again when I visit my grandparents in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Steve and Jamie are so kind, thoughtful, and lovely! Three of us girls shared the Gala suite for a long weekend visiting our grandparents at Willow Valley Retirement Community. The owners really made the experience so welcoming and enjoyable. Steve happily offered an air mattress as an extra place for my sister and provided us with towels for a day out in the water. Jamie packed us a bag of banana bread to snack on as we were leaving early each morning. From the packed bookshelves to the beautiful rooms and the charming cats, the Apple Bin Inn is a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Blacklick
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Jamie and Steve are so nice and friendly. We felt like family. Our room, The Empire, seemed like it was at Grandma's house. They did such a great job accommodating my diet restrictions. It must be great if other guests come back so often.

• Stayed August 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Once again we were spoiled at the Apple Bin Inn for a two night stay. We have visited this beautiful setting for many years and it still is our favorite place for a relaxing vacation. We first visited over ten years ago and it's been fun to watch Dylan, the innkeepers' son, grow from a wee lad to a mature college student!
The place Is cozy and immaculate. Breakfasts are sumptuous but the main reason for our numerous returns is the warmth and friendship of Jamie and Steve. We always feel like returning friends no matter the length of time between our stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are cozy and clean. The food is delicious and plentiful. The grounds are gorgeous. However, the best part is the owners. I'm not naturally a very outgoing person and was a little apprehensive about the forced socialization of a B&B. I tried this B&B only because friends raved about it. I'm very glad I did. The owners, Steve and Jamie, are the perfect amount of outgoing without being gregarious or pushy. They really make your stay perfect. The B&B is complimented by their presence and your stay is crafted by their advice. This is a great place for a visit. Affordable, centrally located, and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast
The Hollinger House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Apple Bin Inn? Share your experiences!