“Absolutely disgusting rooms with no one who understands English.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wormleysburg
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Rooms are filthy. I let my daughter run around barefoot for 10 minutes until I noticed her feet were black. Mold on shower curtains. Blood stains and cigarette burns on the sheets, along with hair and orange stains on the pillows. "Continental breakfast" is a muffin, watered down coffee, and watered down orange juice. No one understands English, although they were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have never written a review in my life, good or bad. But I feel the need to warn everyone from this hotel. It was horrible and disgusting. I felt like I needed a blood test to check for hepatitis after only being in the room for one hour.

There were no sheets on the bed. The bed had multiple stains on it from god knows what. The towels had stains. The other surfaces had sticky (I am afraid to ask what) stuff on it. It smelled funky. And when we called hotels.com to complain and the owner found out we were current guests he kicked us (three families with kids from three separate rooms) out at 1230 am. Even when I explained the situation he laughed. I will admit once he started laughing I said some things that I should not have but this guys should be running a hotel but be in prison some where.

Room Tip: Stay away from this one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Where Do I Begin ??? Can't start with any thing good because there is nothing like that here!

Won't accept use of points, even though we called and got verbal approval. His english is more broken upon arrival when he says can't allow the 800-customer service operator to assit. Don't book with a card to guarantee room for arrival, he will not allow the change he had approved.

The $10 pet fee is simply a pocket-money scam, nothing in the room looked like it got a normal cleaning, not sure why they charge extra for pets. Maybe they need to pay the standard cleaning fee as the pet fee didn't involve any extra room cleaning.

Breakfast, well if coffee is only breakfast item then why mention. A prior lady complained that all she got was coffee and donuts, heck donuts weren't even part of it in July.

If the floor wasn't so filty it might have been more comfortable than the bed. I did ask for a wash cloth at front desk, it was visibly nicer than room clothes, I have nicer rags at home.

Room Tip: A tip for travelers to this hotel - STAY AWAY !!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Use the comfort inn instead. Mattresses are old, pillows are 20+ years old (dates on them). Bathrooms dirty. Linen not washed between guests. No bottom sheets on beds (just top sheets folded over). Heat/air is not on in room until you turn it on. Our room was 56 degrees on check in and took until 3AM to warm up. STEER CLEAR of the breakfast, sour (no doubt expired) orange juice (that's the only drink option) and 4 donuts were the continental breakfast. Run as fast as you can.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JonBuchanan
Reviewed 27 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I were traveling cross-country.
She found this Econo Lodge on her smart phone.
It turned out to be way off the freeway.

It is connected to a "biker" bar.
(My wife and I go to a friendly biker bar about once a month in MN.)
I checked it out to get something to eat.
Not a friendly place.
Also, smoking is allowed in bars in PA.

There are no fast food restaurants in the area.
(we ate some of our on the road packaged snacks)
The room had a slight smell of cigarette smoke.
We almost check out, but were tired so we stayed.

Breakfast muffins, and beverages were in the lobby.
Good; because we were still hungry from the night before.

I understand that this place is close to the downtown area.
If that is where you are going, this place would be O.K.

But don't go out of your way to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

As far as hotels goes this was a great hotel to stay in. The front desk guy was awesome and had a great knowledge of the area. He recommend us few places to visit and they were great. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and the bathroom was clean. The location of hotel was easy to find. Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wormleysburg
Comfort Inn Riverfront
Americas Best Value Inn Harrisburg
Days Inn Harrisburg  North
Days Inn Harrisburg North
#40 of 50 in Harrisburg

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!