“Love the Yankee Doodle!!!”

Yankee Doodle Diner
Cuisines: American
Clarion, Pennsylvania, United States
“Love the Yankee Doodle!!!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Spent 7 months working a job assignment in Camp Hill and I genuinely miss the Yankee Doodle! The owner and wait staff treated me like one of their own. Breakfast was exceptional but I never ate a meal there that wasn't good. Business moved from one building to the other while I was in town and the "new" location was still being renovated when I left. Nothing fancy but for old fashioned "comfort" food the Yankee Doodle cant be beat!!

• Visited September 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Weekly Breakfast a Real Winner”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Every week a group of 10 or so men rise early and head out to the Yankee Doodle Diner for a great breakfast and a time of Christian fellowship and Bible study. We have many choices in diners and restaurants but the Doodle has served us well these past 6+ months. Despite the remolding disruptions this restaurant is very clean. This is one of the most welcoming and friendly places I've experienced. When we come through the door our waitress Angie is shouting out a warm welcome. She immediately stops by our table to start the beverages which amazingly she remembers from week to week. Soon after everyone arrives Angie patiently takes our orders along with a side of silly humor. She work hard to make sure we have enough coffee and other beverages during our short wait for the food. Most weeks the owner makes a personal appearance to make sure all is well. The diner offers a weekday breakfast special that many of us order every week. Everything we get is fresh cooked and well presented. The food tastes great too! This place is a real winner!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ron O
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Yuck”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I saw swarms of bugs flying in the food prep area because there was a 10 year old kid holding the door open. The diner was closed to the public but I am sure the bugs do not leave during business hours.

Visited August 2013
“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Overall I would recommend this place. The food was very good and our server was very friendly and attentive. We had breakfast and it came out very fast. The inside of restaurant definitely needs some updating though. It looked like they may be trying to update it.

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great feel-good food”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

we were driving north through Pennsylvania and got to the Harrisburg area at lunch time. Got off the interstate and drove through Camp Hill along the river to find a restaurant. Saw the diner and am glad we did! Four of us each ordered different items. Everyone said theirs was excellent. Sweet potato fries are delicious. You need to try their chicken croquettes. Homemade and REAL. I wish I could have eaten more and had dessert. We saw their Mexican Fried Ice Cream, and it looked so good. The people at the next table said that they go there especially for it. Definitely recommend the place.

• Visited March 2013