“It's Good For The Price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
A TripAdvisor Member
“It's Good For The Price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2005

I have stayed at the Wellesley 3 years in a row and will continue to stay there everytime I visit Reading, PA. My friends and I usually stay there in May (Memorial Day Weekend.)
If you are looking for 5 star quality this hotel is not the one. However if you are looking for a comfortable bed, with some furniture, a TV, and a shower then this is the place for you. The mini refrigerator are very helpful if you plan on staying a few days. There are also rooms with pull out sofa's if you need to share a room with friends.
The sink space is HUGE perfect for the woman who loves to pack. Also great if your on a business trip and need a suit pressed (most rooms have an ironing board)
Now if you are looking for 5 star quality staff. Then the Wellesley has it. The staff has always been super friendly. And will do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable.
The breakfast is typical cereal, muffins, donuts, coffee, milk, orange juice etc...
Overall it's a nice place to stay for a decent price. Which is good when you need to book several rooms in advance to accommodate 70+ people. After all all ya need is the basics right?

• Stayed May 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Staten Island, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2005

Stayed there over president's weekend in February 2005. Light bulbs were missing but it was fine for the first night. The second night there was running up and down the hallway. At about 1 am there was a fight in the room next door and I was kept awake. The next morning we got up to take a shower and there was no hot water so we couldn't take a shower. I complained to the desk and they asked what I thought would be fair and I suggested not paying for the night off the bill. They did complied and took one night off the bill but they never said that they were sorry about it. Their explanation for the lack of hot water was that the hotel was full.

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank JaneyN

Travellers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Wash, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2005

The problems started when we checked into our room. The room obviously was being worked on, and should never have been assigned to guests. We switched rooms. It was better, however, it was missing a lightbulb, and some of the buttons on the remote didn't work. We addressed these concerns with the front desk. They replaced the bulbs, but never replaced the remote. The straw that broke the camel's back occured the day we checked out, when we awoke to find there was NO HOT WATER in the hotel. They didn't have an ETA on when it would be fixed. They were still working on it when we checked out. The staff tried their best to fix the problems that seemed to keep occuring, however, for my tastes, and my money, there were too many things that were not up to par, therefore, I will not stay at a Wellsley property again. There are plenty of other hotels in this area to choose from.

• Stayed March 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank BusinessTraveler2006
Bergenfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2005

We had a great rate for a shopping spree during the Veteran's Day week-end (Nov., 2004). We spent our first night in the area near Lancaster, PA. and then it was onward to Reading. We arrived at the hotel on a very dreary and rainy evening, so perhaps that lent to the rather dismal atmosphere of the hotel. The room size was large enough and overall relatively clean. The two double beds looked as if they would be comfortable only to find that the sheets did not fit the bed and were coming off the mattress. The woman at the desk seemed not at all interested in the fact the the sheets were misfitted and made for an uncomfortable night. They breakfast was included and was relatively basic. Overall, is you want a very basic hotel, then I suppose you will consider this one!

7 Thank marybethnj
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2005

Stayed one night: January 20, 2005. $59 - best hotel by far for this rate. Located right off of RT 422. Went to a Brad Paisley & Sara Evans Country Music concert at the Sovereign Center in Reading - 4 miles. Got directions from hotel desk. They were printed to take with you. Perfectly accurate! Room was neat, clean and well maintained. Outside temperature was about 15oF - BITTER cold! Room was nice and warm upon arrival was not drafty. Within 1/2 mile of shopping and resteraunts (Lonestar Steak Hoiuse, Red Lobster, Denny's to name a few.) Offered complimentary continental breakfast & USA Today. Overall staff was very polite. I recommend this hotel to everyone - especially for the low rate.

MPM Bear, DE

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edison, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2004

Just came back from this hotel, and I felt great and lucky to find this hotel at very affordable price.

After spent a late hours at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (after 5pm it is $15 rather than $40+ and water park till 8pm and rides not closed till 10pm with fireworks.) at Allentown PA, it was pretty straight forward to drive to Wellesley Hotel at Reading PA. It was right at the exit of Rt 422 W from Rt 222 W with many other hotels, like Sheraton Reading, and many restaurants like TGI Friday, Olive Gardens, Chi Chi ...etc.

I arrived close to midnight because I thought it may not be a good hotel to stay long, but to my surprise, it was great! Unlike other 2* hotels, it has indoor corridors for the whole building (this is important, especially, for winter time and raining days). The front desk lady was unusually friendly, and the lobby and breakfast area are bigger than most other 2* hotels I stayed before.

This property looks pretty new and clean, but I was told that it has been there for 14 years. I was told the ground floors were filled with contractors and 2nd floor filled with baseball players, and I was placed at top floor (3rd floor) which is great.

Similar to other 2* hotels, that sink is outside the bathroom, but the sink is huge, no smaller than any 3* hotels, and the bathroom has tub and toilet but seem to be one foot bigger than other 2* hotels. The beds are comfortable with enough furnitures. TV has many channels. I was glad to catch Bruce Lee's documentary that he said Kung Fu is universal, there is no Chinese type or Korean type or Japanese type or American type of Kung Fu.

The complimentary breakfast is typical and fresh that makes me feel great before heading toward Pittsburgh. I did not plan enough time to stay in the area, and I was wrong, there were so many outlet stores and hotels and restaurants all around, and the hotel room provide a magazine about Readings PA which also include a detail map of the local attractions. I think I will be back some time in the near future to check them out.

This hotel has lots of free parking lots but it does not have swimming pool, which is ok for me since I just use it as overnight stay toward Pittsburgh PA.

18 Thank biddingforhotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Days Inn Reading Wyomissing? Share your experiences!