“Whenever we are in Berks County...we stay here!”

Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greer, South Carolina
“Whenever we are in Berks County...we stay here!”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great customer service!!!!
Very clean and comfy rooms!
Delightful breakfast that is always wonderful!
Not noisy like some hotels!
Located close to everything!
Fair price!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2012

hotel clean and comfortable; staff pleasant and helpful; great location within walking distance to variety of restaurants and shopping as well as Amish country Great full hot breakfast included in room rental

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Great hotel.....Rooms/beds, service, staff, breakfasts. Just a great place to stay at a reasonable price! Absolutely no negatives here!

Room Tip: Had a group of 50 senior citizens....not a complaint in any of the 27 rooms!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Montrose, PA
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed recently at this wonderful hotel with a friend for one night. We were visiting a needlework store in Reading and this was close by. We really enjoyed the room and especially the pillows! Also, we really liked the breakfast area. The coffee was wonderful and the food was very tasty. We really enjoyed our short stay and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Warnerville NY
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel three or four times now, and am actually surprised I haven't reviewed it yet! But that means I can give an overall view, rather than a "spot shot" of a one-time stay.

Far and away, the best thing about this Hampton is its staff. I always measure a property against my favorite hotel in the Hilton chain, the Buffalo Airport-based HGI. I would love to see a playoff between their staff and the staff at the Wyomissing Hampton, because for once I think "my" HGI would get a run for their money. Every single member of the staff was welcoming, remembered me from my previous stay, and literally jumped at the chance to make my stay a good one. From remembering my room preference (#431) to finding a way for me to heat tea in a microwave-safe cup in my room, the response to every request was a smile in the voice and instant assistance.

The hotel is typical "Hampton comfortable," and in relatively good shape, though I might agree with a few other reviews -- it needs a bit of freshening up. The beds are marvelous, however, so a good night's sleep is assured. I found the walls thick enough for quiet (and my neighbors probably appreciated it too -- I had a nagging, croupy cough while I was here that didn't settle itself down until after midnight, but no one came banging on my door!). The mini fridge in the room was clean and worked well, as did the microwave.

I only have a couple of "cavils" that I'd suggest management see to:

1. If you have a microwave in the room, Hampton folks, please provide microwave safe cups for us to use in it!

2. I did tell the staff that the shower mechanism needed attending to (water did not divert cleanly from tub faucet to shower head; only about a 70/30 diversion, and the shower head was loose in the wall) but it wasn't seen to while I was here. I am less disturbed by that than I might be, because the hotel was bulging at the seams with attendees at the Berks Jazz Festival, and I am sure the staff was doing the best they could.

3. Please -- there are an awful lot us who are/must be gluten-free these days. Having the only "hot" part of your Hampton breakfast a choice among waffles, bagel toppers and french toast means, basically, we can't eat. So the "Hampton promise" falls flat on its pancake-y butt here!

But in reality, those are relatively minor complaints. This is a reliable, happy Hampton and I will be happy to return to it on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveling_Psychic
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Not only was the Hampton in Wyomissing clean and easily accessible, the staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful in every possible way. They went out of their way to accommodate me and my group. It is a wonderful facility for both families and business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel Monday-Friday for 6 months in 2011. The staff was warm and welcoming from day 1. They were always willing to give directions or offer suggestions for a place to eat. There are fresh baked cookies every evening which is a nice touch (and they are delicious!) The rooms are very clean, good internet, good cable. GREAT breakfast! One of my favorite breakfast selections at a Hampton Inn. Great gym, new equipment, nice TVs. Nice looking indoor pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, near the elevator. If you like the ground floor, ask to be on the si...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing

Been to Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing? Share your experiences!