“I was surprised at how nice the Hampton Inn turned out to be”

Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“I was surprised at how nice the Hampton Inn turned out to be”
Reviewed 18 May 2007

We were in Reading for an event with family from all over, and the Hampton Inn turned out to be great for us. We opted for one of the larger rooms, which was only a few bucks extra, but well worth it in our case. It was basically the standard room with a king bed, but it was sort of L-shaped. In the "L" was the desk and a sleeper sofa, which was perfect for our 4 y/o son. He had a little space to himself, and we were able to keep the lights on in the main part of the room after he went to sleep. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was very clean. The free breakfast was great, too.

• Liked — Very clean, very comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RickyAz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wash, DC
Reviewed 26 March 2007

Stayed here for the second weekend of the Berks Jazz Fest. It is right across the street from the "official" hotel serving the event. The price was probably 2/3 of what the official hotel was asking.

The hotel is undergoing renovations, so, by the time I return next year for the festival, it should be great. I was informed that the hotel is probably about 20 years old, which surprised me, because it doesn't look it. Even though they are renovating, they are doing their best not to inconvenience their guests. A few slight adjustments by the staff and guests, but nothing worth mentioning.

Rooms were clean, and I loved the angled mirror in the bathroom. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Hampton Inns provide a complimentary extended breakfast, but, there are also plenty of nearby restaurants around for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most of the major chains are within 5 minutes of the hotel. Also, plenty of strip malls if you want to pick up a few things.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The renovations going on.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank BusinessTraveler2006
Revere, MA
Reviewed 11 October 2006

I stayed at this Hampton for 2 nights while attending an event at the new Expo Center in Reading, and I have to say, I was very impressed from check in to check out!

The room was nicely decorated, extremely clean and well equiped: microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, tv and hair dryer. The breakfast buffet was excellent, offering both hot and cold food items. Coffee, tea, cocoa and juice, along with some light snacks, were available 24/7. Two computers were available for use in the lobby area.

I highly recommend this Hampton Inn!!!

• Liked — Perfection!
  • Disliked — I have no complaints whatsoever!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rbbrstmper
Cental New Jersey
Reviewed 7 August 2006

Easy to find, clean, comfortable and friendly is what this Hampton Inn has going for it. Great breakfast, close to VF Outlet and other shopping. We have stayed at serveral Hampton Inn locations and this one is A+.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank vickyredhead
Central PA
Reviewed 31 August 2005

We had a "king study" and were disappointed with it, since we usually like Hampton Inns. The room was just average; a little on the small side, with no closet, just an armoire. The wallpaper was peeling near the window (from water damage I assume). The window was very small and awkwardly placed in the room. The room had connecting doors (ugh!) and the noise from the next room and surrounding rooms/plumbing was distracting. Although the bathroom looked clean, both the toilet and shower/tub were stained (from mildew/dirt?). And when you leave the motel, it's impossible to make a left turn onto Paper Mill Rd., which was inconvenient for our purposes. For $125+ per night (on a WEEKNIGHT), frankly, we expected something a little nicer. Sadly, we've stayed in other Reading motels, and this probably IS the best one of the bunch.

The breakfast was quite impressive and they had signs out re: a free shuttle to the outlets, if that's your thing.

Stayed August 2005
5 Thank LiberryLady
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2005

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and our two small children, ages two and four. There were no problems encountered during our most recent stay. The front desk people were very helpful and the room was fresh and clean. In the morning, my four-year-old and I went downstairs to the continental breakfast where he had a bowl of cereal and a muffin and I had a piece of coffee cake, fruit salad and juice. Everything was kept neat and tidy and was constantly being restocked.

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past, and on two occasions we did experience difficulties. One of the times, we found that the sheets on the sofa bed had drops of tomato sauce on them and another time there was such excessive noise in the hallways for several hours during the night, ending after 2:30 AM. For the dirty sheets, we were given a bigger room and our first nights’ stay was comp’d. For the noise in the night, I called the front desk and was told that security had been up already and would go up again if the problem persisted. That was right after it started, and as I mentioned before, the noise continued to be a problem for several more hours. I wasn’t satisfied with the way the hotel staff handled that situation, but having had many pleasant stays there and only a couple of problem stays, I don’t hold it against them. I believe it may have been a wedding party or something to that effect, and having been a member of a loud wedding party in a hotel before, I understand they can be difficult to control.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank sunmaide
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 13 June 2005

We stayed here for 2 nights while we were in Reading for a friends wedding. It is a great hotel and very clean & well kept. We got a shop & drop rate of $104 a night that even came with a gift bad with coupons & snacks. The free breakfast was the best we have had at any Hampton Inn yet! The room was very clean and had a tv, vcr, good size fridge & microwave, desk, 2 chairs and a small dresser. We would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank hardingk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading

Been to Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing? Share your experiences!