Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
US$175
US$100
US$72
EconoLodge
All reviewsfront desktwo room suitehot tubyogurtfree breakfastreading areavf outletsvery pleasant staywould stay here againnice breakfastenjoyed my staystaff was friendlywhimmicrowavecollegeinns
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I had never stayed in a Country Inn before, so I was a little unsure what to expect. Upon our arrival we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are HUGE, with a separate little "living room" area. There were two TV's (one in the bedroom and one in the living room), a microwave, fridge, desk, a sofa and a comfy chair. We were there for two days for a relative's wedding and it was super nice to have so much space. The only cramped area was the bathroom; I'm pretty small, but if you weigh 200lbs+ I think you'd have a hard time getting the door shut while you're in there. The bed was very cozy and the room was pretty clean. Staff was great and very helpful, especially during the FREE breakfast! Our whole group of 30 or so family members decided to gather for breakfast at the same time and the woman managing the buffet was so good at keeping the food stocked, despite that we were tearing through it like we had been starving! All-in-all, it was a great, cozy place and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Hotel options in Reading are fairly limited, so you can't expect a Ritz. However, this hotel wasn't great. It's very old and while some room furniture has been updated, the rooms show a lot of wear. The walls of our room were marked up and the bathroom needed a deep clean. Bathroom is VERY small. The room was also very noisy - we heard every step our upstairs neighbor took and could hear every hallway conversation. Good location if you're visiting downtown Reading.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We decided to, on a whim, to stay overnight in the Reading area and booked Country Inn & Suites. What a Great choice! The staff was fantastic! They were always friendly and very informative. The location is great, too: Hawk Mountain about 20 minutes away, as is Cabala’s and the Reading VF Outlets were about 2 blocks away. I guess we are not as picky as some, because we all thought the breakfast (and the woman handling it) were fantastic. They had sausage & biscuits, make your own waffles, oatmeal with all the trimmings and much more. I felt that there was something for everyone....from Me (oatmeal), my husband (sausage & biscuits) to my daughter (waffles/cereal).

I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We booked via the internet, to get best rate, only hours before we arrived.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel more times than I can count. Great price and a decent hotel. Right across the street from a couple restaurants. Staff is friendly. Book with TA to get the special rates. Breakfast is ok. Not always stocked well and if there are kids around they are messy and that totally turns me off food. Ask for a room on 2nd or 3rd floor and wait for the slow elevator. One time I had a room on first floor and it looked like someone lived there for a long time. Never had a problem with any other rooms. Beds are comfy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Mangocatpurring
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed in a second floor suite, which we paid, with taxes, about $123 a night for. Their website gives the best prices. They have a best-price guarantee. We went to the Reading Street Arts Festival, and ate at Vivas, a tapas place over the hill to the left. The mattress was comfortable, and the room was clean. Linens were fine. WiFi was free, but a little sluggish. We didn't check the cable line-up as we stream Netflix.The walls needed touching-up from all the dings from suitcases. The continental breakfast was fine for the demo down there: young families trying to save a few bucks. The hostess in the room was very pleasant, but, for us, we wanted a different atmosphere, which would have been a cooler room (too hot), tables a with a little more space between them, and more upscale food--too many "white" items: white bread, white butter, white cereals, milk, etc... It's got "country" right in the name, so that's the demo they're searching for as a customer-base. The yogurt was sweet and unflavored, etc... Just not our thing, which is more of being served breakfast, if you know what I mean, and I think you do. The staff was very pleasant, and the indoor pool looked clean, albeit small (like the one where we stayed at last, in Rehoboth, Del, last month). No issues, but I kind of expected a bit more for the price; not much, just a bit more. Search under my name, jeffhfromoxford, and the hotel name on youtube for a video of the room.

Room Tip: Don't Pay Extra For the Free Cont. Brkfst
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple