Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
“Nice”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean, the pool was nice good to be able to relax in the hot tub after a long day, the breakfast was awsome, fresh fruit and make your own waffles, loved it. i would recomend this place to anyone passing through.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Echarb
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks so much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We loved having you here. I hope you will come back to us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for about $60 less a night than another hotel in the area. Room was comparable, but my stay here included breakfast, standard continental with a couple hot pre-made items, omelets, home fries, and make your own waffles. The other more expensive place, no free breakfast.
Fastest hotel wireless I have seen, big plus as I was here on biz, and do not want to be waiting around for pages to load before hitting the sack for the night or just before I need to leave in the AM.
Free cookies, coffee, and tea available in the lobby for guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lrrs
We really appreciate your kind comments about your stay. We think we are a great value and it's wonderful when our guests view us that way as well. I hope you return to us soon!
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our family booked two rooms at this property just outside of Reading, for a short trip to visit Koziar's Christmas Village. Checking in was very efficient, with exceptional service from "Dominick" who was very knowledgeable. He even left us a message before we got to our room, to check on us to make sure all was well when we arrived in our room. Cookies, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee and teas were offered in the very comfortable lobby. We enjoyed the sitting area with fireplace while family checked us into our rooms, and the two 6 year old grandchildren enjoyed books from the hotel's library. Everything was clean from beginning to the end of our visit. Our rooms were nice and the beds comfortable with plenty of heat. The hotel was quiet. Our room had room-darkening curtains, along with a microwave and fridge. The bathroom was on the small side, but there was plenty of hot water for everyone's showers. Breakfast was good which included a wafflemaker, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cold cereals, pastries, and a selection of breads which could be toasted. Great selection of drinks, and lots of seating. There was a children's table where they could sit and color. There was an attendant in the room who kept things neat and tidy during the breakfast time. A few of our family members enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Due to it being in the 60's that day, the heat that was running made some areas a little on the hot side. There was an exercise room which we didn't have time to use, and a computer/printer available to hotel guests. The elevator worked great, and we had use of carts for luggage when we needed them. The outside was kept up nicely and was clean, with plenty of parking. We had no complaints about anything. Felt the staff did a great job of keeping things flowing nicely for check in, breakfast, snacks in the Lobby, Housekeeping, and for check out. Would stay there again. Good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wow! What a lovely review of our hotel and our staff. I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to make you happy and comfortable. That's our main goal and it's so nice to hear that we were successful at making you feel right at home.
We hope to see you again soon-
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My stay at this property fell well below expectations. The first strange event occured about 30 minutes after check-in with a call from the front desk asking if the room was ok. After a 9 hour drive the only thing I was looking foreword to was a nap. I was of course in the middle of this nap when the phone rang. In the cases that something isn't right clients are well capable of picking up the phone to call the front desk themselves.

Another issue with disturbances is a seemingly indifferent attitude to hallway noise during housecleaning. I could clearly hear the staff discussing work and non-work related issues while going about their duties.

On the two mornings that I stayed, an alarm was blaring from one room which was apparently unoccupied. It was loud enough to wake up the two women staying closer to the room. The staff was inattentive to this disturbance.

One issue that concerned me a lot is that fact that this property self-promotes as a place for business travellers and offers free Wifi. The wifi service is unstable and slow. Almost completely unusable during peak hours. This is a perfect example of something we see in the hotel industry a lot; a property that offers something as value added that is in reality little more than a liability for itself and more importantly, guests. I would rather pay for reliable wifi than be victim of a free, unreliable service.

The property has apparently been renovating the rooms. From the rooms I saw it is safe to say that these are not full renovations but updates. This is of course akin to putting lipstick on a pig. You might be making the room look better but functionality remains the same. Case in point, there is an open storage area with a large shelf in my room on the side of the door opens. Move to the side of the door that opens as you normally do and that shelf will get you in the head every time. It wouldn't have taken a lot of time or thought to modify that space during a renovation but obviously things didn't go that deep.

Yes, the property is clean and the breakfasts good but there are lots of properties that meet those standards and the next time I visit, I'll be looking for one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SSSUCHAN
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I am very sorry you experienced several issues during your stay. I apologize for the disturbance while you were sleeping-we normally call guests as a courtesy after check in to ensure they are satisfied with their room, however we would never want to wake you up from a nap to do so. I will take all your feedback regarding noise, property appearance, and internet service to heart and make sure we work diligently towards a solution.
I hope when you are in the Reading area again you will give us another try to better service your hotel needs.

Warwick, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

So for whatever reason, you find yourself in Wyomissing PA, on the outskirts of Reading. In our case we were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel our local hosts recommended. Considering the price we paid for the room ($100) it was a pretty good deal if you are on a budget. Breakfast pretty good with the waffle makers. Pool and hot tub seemed good. Exercise room large with nice TV.

Guest rooms are average size but bathrooms are tiny. Don't be expecting to have more than one person in there at a time. And this has to be the last hotel on the planet not to use the curved shower curtain rods. This means you have to keep peeling the wet shower curtain off your body while you are showering (yuk!). And the tub had some stains on the inside. And the toilet ran all night.

Like one other reviewer said: You get what you pay for.

For an extra $50/night you might want to consider the Courtyard by Marriott which is less than 1/2 mile away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thanks very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing us and I am glad you felt that we were a good value. I made note of the areas where you felt we could use some improvement and I will be sharing those with our team to ensure a better stay for our guests.

Thanks you again and I hope you will give us another chance if you are back in the area-
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were welcomed warmly at the front desk and offered cookies at check in. The room was nice and clean, beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of hot water too.
Breakfast (which is included) is pretty good really. You get what you pay for! Our breakfast included fruit cocktail, which I didn't eat because I could tell it was canned just by looking at it. There were little cheese omeletes and diced potatoes which looked quite tastey (and my husband liked them) I made myself a waffle at the waffle station, put a little bit of butter on, one container of peanut butter and a drizzle of syrup and was one happy camper. There were several versions of coffee and tea, also 2 kinds of juice and 2% as well as skim milk. Cold cereal and hot oatmeal and some pastries were available as well.
I felt I needed to write this review after reading a previous one complaining about the breakfast. If you travel a bit and stay in these little places, you learn the breakfast drill pretty quick; it's not the Four Seasons; you get what you pay for and it's not bad at all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liz C
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, especially our free breakfast. I am so glad you enjoyed everything and that you took the time to express your feedback about your stay. We strive very hard to give our guest's a wonderful and quality experience and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon-
Heather Gilbert
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Terrible, terrible breakfast. Bagels stale. My husband threw away his scrambled eggs, diced ham, and fruit cocktail. I had to put three coffee cups in the dirty dish tub before I found two that were clean. Positive note: the coffee was hot.

Management should also review hotel security procedures. Every time we came down the back stairs (just down the hall from the breakfast room) the back door was propped open with a rock. I'm not exaggerating....EVERYTIME. I suspect this is being done by employees taking a break. If this isn't a hotel security policy violation, it should be.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spadehome
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I am very sorry you were so disappointed with our hotel's breakfast. We normally get nice comments regarding our breakfast and cleanliness, and I apologize that these standards were not evident during your experience with us.
I hope you will give us another chance to show you the great service we are known for and an opportunity to welcome you back to us soon.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns at 610-373-4444 ext. 405.

Area Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing? Share your experiences!