“Nice staff but dated accommodations”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff was helpful however I did not know this was a pet friendly hotel. Two dogs near my room were left in their room all day barking and scratching at their room door. I talked to the staff and they said they charged $50 per stay for pets and they are allowed to leave them in the room all of the time. So what this hotel has turned into a kennel as well as a pet friendly hotel. You can not clean a room for $50 which have had two dogs for several days. If you are allergic to pets then you may consider another hotel. This was my second stay and only on this visit did I find out it was pet friendly. I will not stay again as pets are allowed to stay in any room according to staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brucedog
CountryInnStesWyo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you had at our hotel. We do have measures in place to handle pet friendly rooms and I am sorry that was not communicated properly to you. I can understand how you must feel. I hope you will give us another chance.

Heather E. Gilbert
Area Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel was nice. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. Jessica at the front desk was extremely helpful in guiding us to the hotel from the interstate. I have stayed with this chain in other locations and as always I was happy with the results. The pool turned out to be a life saver for my kids. They even extended the time a little for my family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay! It was very nice of you to recognize Jessica for being helpful. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will come back to us in the future.

Heather E. Gilbert
Area Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

If you are searching for a bargain, check this location out. The staff is friendly & helpful. However, even the best staff can't correct the type of mediocre surroundings in this hotel. Musty smells. Uncomfortable beds. Small bathrooms. Stained carpets & furniture epitomize this inn. If you want a cheap location - this is it. The hotel us begging for an upgrade.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank A2coolcity
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have been staying at this hotel over the past 4 years,in June, in order to attend the WW II Weekend Celebration that is held at the Reading, PA airport.We just finished our stay here again. We always find the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean and the breakfast room/ food is decent. This year we meet Janelle, who runs the breakfast area. She worked very hard to make sure everyone was greeted, food was always available and that the tables/ breakfast room was kept neat and clean. The staff was telling us that this hotel is going to be renovated starting this July. That will be a nice additional to this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KimberlyR815
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Booked a fairly pricey room at this hotel by area standards. Arrived and found the room roasting hot...turned the air on and left for dinner and shopping. Came back to find the room still roasting. No maintenance on duty, no other rooms available, so we were offered a fan! Spent the night listening to a grinding cracking air system with no sleep. The hotel's reward - a 26% discount on the room. I was supposed to stay at another Country Inn later this week, that reservation was quickly cancelled. Stay elsewhere...this place is overpriced for the area and maybe you can actually get some sleep elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelboy90
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites standards.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on and off several times over the years. One consistent thing is that the pool is always cold. Our rooms are generally pretty nice and acceptable, but this last time we got stuck in a smoking room with a single king (we don't smoke). It was memorial weekend, so I guess that's how it goes. But, the room really was pretty dingy and smelled pretty bad (more like camphor and urinal cakes than cigarettes) and the smell was on our clothes when we unpacked. The fold-out couch had broken hooks on the pull-out, so you couldn't sit on the edge of it or you would fall through. I would typically give this type of experience a 3-star rating, but I know that it's not typical of this hotel. My wife and I were just surprised to find such a bad room experience in a hotel we were used to.

Room Tip: Don't accept a smoking room.