“Romantic Family Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Pennsylvania
“Romantic Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

I wanted to make this Valentines day an experience for both my wife and my son. I wanted my wife to know that the two most important men in her life loved her and wanted to express it by a day of relaxation. We checked in to a wonderful and attentive receptionist to actually to me she was at our beckoned call. Call her and she will ensure that we were taken care of. I stayed a much more expensive Hotel and never was treated so good. The indoor pool and the fitness center were a perfect addition to our R&R.
I highly suggest this hotel in the quaint little town of Wyomissing it served us well.
What was especially nice was the cookies and coffee at the ready in the lobby. My son just loved the cookies so much that I had to limited him the good snacks.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Watkins Glen, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I headed down to Reading area to visit friends and go shopping at Cabela's. We only stayed one night. But the staff at the Country Inn was amazing! Everyone was very friendly, and the housekeeping staff would stop and say hello as we walked by. The breakfast was a decent continental breakfast that suited our family of three just fine. The breakfast attendant was super nice and made fast friends with our 16 month old son. When we checked in the woman behind the desk was all smiles and assured me she checked our room to make sure the crib was in there, so we wouldn't have to wait for a crib. The only downside was our toilet got backed up, but the front desk woman brought us a plunger and we fixed that right up!!! The bathroom was a bit small for our liking, however the room was spacious. We will definitely stay there when we visit Reading area again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jannica
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

The staff could not have been more helpfull and friendly from the moment we booked our room to the morning we checked out. I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and everything was fine but, the rooms were a little dated. Well, the place has been renovated since and EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW!!! New carpet, furniture, beds, microwaves & fridge in EVERY room, and flat panel TVs! I would highly recomend this hotel to everyone and I will continue to come back. You have a customer for life!

PS- please say Hi to Gail in the breakfast room for me. She is an asset to your hotel. When I come down for Breakfast, it reminds me of grandmom's house.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnandKImBaltimore
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2008

We used Citibank Thank You points to stay here for free. It was a decent place to stay. The room looks EXACTLY like the pictures on the hotel's website.

The room was clean, but definitely a little dated. The free breakfast was adequate, and the staff was friendly. I would have been pretty disappointed, however, if I had paid the going rate of $100+. If you can get a good deal, it's probably worth it to stay here.

As a whole, I would say that this hotel is a step below the average Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2008
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

Let me start by saying that the staff was more than adequate and friendly. Now for the start. Parking is limited and you must get there early or else prepare to be parked outside for awhile after 8:00 p.m.My first experience involved a bunch of noise in the hallways at 6:30 in the morning and the staff did nothing about it. My second experience I was given the last room to make up for the noise and to top it all off, the remote did not even work. When you pay 100.00+ for a room, you expect more, not Econolodge standards. The Days Inn is a better stay, but the Hampton Inn will get my money the next time.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Noise.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank montefella
W-B,Pa.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Stayed at Country Inn & Suites before & was satisfied, however this time it was very disappointing. The carpeting was worn, it had some papers on the floor under the beds and the bathroom is looking old. The biggest disappointment was the shower head didn't work and the water was cold. I called the front desk and was given a different room. The carpeting didn't look as worn, the shower head worked, but the water was cold. There breakfast is pretty good, but i think it's time they do some renovations and fix the water situation. The next time I'll try a different hotel .

• Liked — Continental breakfast
  • Disliked — the room, shower, beds
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank orlandovisitor
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

Stayed for two nights in mid-February 2008.

The good:

- Large comfortable suite for a reasonable price
- Clean
- Good variety for free continental breakfast
- Free, soft chocolate chip cookies & coffee all day
- Reasonable fitness room - two weight machines, 2 treadmills and an elliptical trainer
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Centrally located - couple of restaurants within walking distance, couple of malls within a 10 minute drive

The bad:

- Old fashioned base heater was fairly noisy. No heater in the living areas (heater was in the bedroom) and the circulation fan between the two rooms was pretty noisy

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing? Share your experiences!