“Best and Affordable”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was at the Inn at Reading few weeks ago on a business trip. The gentleman at the front desk was exceptional. He is professional and very courteous. The hotel looks old but has very nice rooms. My room was very spacious and appeared newly renovated. It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was free and very good. I will come back if I ever visit the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your business. I am happy to hear that you found the accommodations to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our full hot buffet breakfast. I will also make sure that I share your comments with the Front Desk and all of the other departments.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Reading area.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had a choice between this hotel and other national chains and was glad that booked our stay here. The personnel at the front desk was very courteous, and actually upgraded us to an executive room to grant our request for a king bed. The hotel has a restaurant and also room service. We ordered breakfast in our room and it was great. The room was very nice, I specially liked the furniture it had a more bed and breakfast feel than a chain hotel. The area is descent there are also restaurants and a mall nearby but you would probably need a car to get there as I don't think is very walkable .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Reading area.

Thank you again and have a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at Inn at Reading last week for a holiday party with some friends. The ball room was beautifully decorated. Food and drinks were great. The service was excellent. We did not plan to stay overnight however it was getting late and we got a room at very reasonable price. House keeping girl took care of all the amenities we needed. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you for hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your banquet event and the we were also able to provide you with a great value and comfortable accommodations.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Friends of ours told us this was once the premier hotel in Wyomissing and it certainly gives that appearance as you arrive. Laid out in several building around a center court housing the pool and lawns, it offers all the amenities one would find in a grand hotel. Large banquet rooms, convenient meeting spaces, a tavern and restaurant. Unfortunately time has marched on and they are in competition with a number of much newer chain hotels. We visited with a bus tour group and found the accommodations to be satisfactory, with the rooms ample and clean, but clearly showing their age by multiple coats of paint and old style bathrooms. There was no refrigerator in our room, although some rooms may be so equipped. One of the drawers in the bureau was broken. The HVAC unit did not have a thermostat that only went from hot to cold and could not be set to a specific temperature.

Overnight guests seem to be lacking due to the week as I went to the tavern and found only 3 patrons there and no one in the dining room. The number of cars in the parking lot were few.

What keeps it going appears to be events during the day such as association and business meetings and weddings at other times.

Bottom line is that is a very acceptable facility that is slightly off the main throroughfares.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. I will share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Inn at Reading is a sprawled out single story motel/hotel with full bar/restaurant/meeting facilities on-site. It is not fancy, but the rooms are large, clean and comfortable, if a bit sparse. Fixtures are all "builder-grade"...nothing custom.

The rate I paid was about right for the quality of the room ($99/night which included breakfast).
Window type heating/air units are a bit noisy at night. I thought the breakfast was basic mass produced eggs/sausage and cereals/pastries and normal drip-coffee with reconstituted juice... nothing gourmet-like. Still, the staff were friendly and accommodating; the restaurant server was very eager-to-please with coffee and whatever I asked. For a one-night pass through town, the Inn at Reading is a decent economical alternative. Parking is "motel-style", but is plentiful.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk to the lobby, ask for rooms closer to the front. Rooms in the back provide mo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am happy that you found The Inn at Reading to be a good value and that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure that I share all of your comments with our staff.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to the Reading area.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

20 years ago, the Inn at reading was the best place to stay. Today, it is still a charming place stuck in time. Rates are pretty good! Big rooms and very clean! I recommend this hotel, no questions asked! Great ambiance and will appreciate the people there !

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mcar123
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your business and we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests while providing them with a quality room product. I will make sure that I share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This place has a well-maintained classic charm. We liked the room - nice size with comfortable bed, clean, bright , 2 vanities and beautiful bathroom . The only thing I found out of place was the iron on the floor. The staff is very courteous and goes above and beyond to help. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The food was great. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron K

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found The Inn at Reading to be a great value. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant/tavern and that our team provided you with exceptional service. I will be sure to relay all of your comments to the rest of the staff.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and we look forward to being able to serve you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
#1 of 2 in West Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!