“Saved a traumatic issue.”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The people here are great. I came in with no reservation and was very honest about the fact that I had used booking.com to reserve a room for me and my mother at a hotel that turned out to be a place that should charge by the hour.

Watch out for pictures that are outdated when booking a room on line.

I have an anxiety disorder and I'm traveling with my mother who is disabled. We need to be in Reading for a week. I just paid for a hotel near the airport and was shocked at the quality for the price I had just paid. In addition is was so far away from any conveniences and offered nothing for it's guests.

I nearly had a panic attack when I Reading and after searching a few hotel prices in the neighbourhood the Inn at Reading did everything they could to accommodate my needs with a honest and fair price.

Now our stay is stress free and the staff here is wonderfully pleasant. I love the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby. The restaurant, exercise room and pool areas are perfect. I only wish it was July so we could go swimming. It's the Holiday season and this trip is financially stressful for us however necessary.

I am truly grateful to the hospitality of this hotel for offering a way to help and unexpected traveller.

If I ever need accommodations for the Reading area, I will not hesitate to utilize this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you and your mother were able to use and/or appreciate many of the amenities at The Inn at Reading.

Thank you again and we look forward to being able to serve you again on your next trip to Reading.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank DiEpplerAdams
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My overall experience at this hotel was very good and I recommend to the readers. I stayed for a night and enjoyed my stay. The place looks a little old but the sleeping room look new and spotless. The staff at the reception desk, tavern and maids were very courteous. I had quite a few requests and they were met in no time with courtsey. I also had dinner at the tavern and was happy with food quality and service. To my surprise it did not cost much. I had good sleep in a clean and comfortable room. Next morning, I had nice hot breakfast. This place met all my requirements and I will be back in spring.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that we were able to meet all of your requirements and that you found The Inn at Reading to be a good value. I will share all of your comments with the staff.

Thank again and we look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was at the Inn at Reading few weeks ago on a business trip. The gentleman at the front desk was exceptional. He is professional and very courteous. The hotel looks old but has very nice rooms. My room was very spacious and appeared newly renovated. It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was free and very good. I will come back if I ever visit the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. We appreciate your business. I am happy to hear that you found the accommodations to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our full hot buffet breakfast. I will also make sure that I share your comments with the Front Desk and all of the other departments.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Reading area.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had a choice between this hotel and other national chains and was glad that booked our stay here. The personnel at the front desk was very courteous, and actually upgraded us to an executive room to grant our request for a king bed. The hotel has a restaurant and also room service. We ordered breakfast in our room and it was great. The room was very nice, I specially liked the furniture it had a more bed and breakfast feel than a chain hotel. The area is descent there are also restaurants and a mall nearby but you would probably need a car to get there as I don't think is very walkable .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Reading area.

Thank you again and have a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed at Inn at Reading last week for a holiday party with some friends. The ball room was beautifully decorated. Food and drinks were great. The service was excellent. We did not plan to stay overnight however it was getting late and we got a room at very reasonable price. House keeping girl took care of all the amenities we needed. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you for hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your banquet event and the we were also able to provide you with a great value and comfortable accommodations.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Friends of ours told us this was once the premier hotel in Wyomissing and it certainly gives that appearance as you arrive. Laid out in several building around a center court housing the pool and lawns, it offers all the amenities one would find in a grand hotel. Large banquet rooms, convenient meeting spaces, a tavern and restaurant. Unfortunately time has marched on and they are in competition with a number of much newer chain hotels. We visited with a bus tour group and found the accommodations to be satisfactory, with the rooms ample and clean, but clearly showing their age by multiple coats of paint and old style bathrooms. There was no refrigerator in our room, although some rooms may be so equipped. One of the drawers in the bureau was broken. The HVAC unit did not have a thermostat that only went from hot to cold and could not be set to a specific temperature.

Overnight guests seem to be lacking due to the week as I went to the tavern and found only 3 patrons there and no one in the dining room. The number of cars in the parking lot were few.

What keeps it going appears to be events during the day such as association and business meetings and weddings at other times.

Bottom line is that is a very acceptable facility that is slightly off the main throroughfares.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest.
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. I will share all of your comments with the rest of the staff.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
#1 of 2 in West Reading
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!