“Very Nice Stay”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 6 June 2014

For a older property it was very nice, rooms large & clean. Staff was excellent. Restaurant food was good, bar staff friendly. For the price it was a great value. I would stay here again if I returned to Reading.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank 73Dolfan
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything from staff service to room quality to the restaurant exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you during your next trip to the Reading area.

Thanks again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The chair is butt filthy, hair on the sheets,. The tv was unhooked in the back, lights unplugged, carpet needs to be cleaned. He entrance into our building smelled and had nasty furniture to greet you as you walk int the building. The list goes on.
If I had gotten here earlier in the evening and saw the room we would have left for another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jerry S

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I apologize for any issues that you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations and clearly we did not do this with your stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the area.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is close to the Reading hospital so met our needs. The room and bath were clean and the beds were comfortable.
The hot breakfast was very good but be aware it's not available until 7 am on the weekends.
The biggest problem is that we were on the second floor, as far away from the from entrance as you could get and there was NO elevator. So we rolled suitcases in and out and up stairs.

Room Tip: make sure you check to see where available room is located and if you have to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback and I will share it with all of the other managers as well. Only 16 rooms out of the 171 rooms at the property require stairs to gain access. I wish that we would have been able to move you to another room during your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time that you are in the Reading area.

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

during the storms in early February my wife and I were forced to seek refuge in a hotel due to an extended power outage. This inn was one of few available and the closest. A welcome surprise: very clean comfortable. Desk manager was very helpful in getting us a credit when our stay was cut short. Would recommend to any one !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thomas T

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I appreciate your feedback and I will share it with the rest of the staff. Hopefully we will see you again for some other more pleasant event rather than a power outage.

Thanks again for staying with us at The Inn at Reading.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ok, from the outside it appears to be an old hotel that is not run down but not new like some of the Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Express hotels but there is a charm to the place that makes you wish you could have visited it in its glory days. When you walk in, the lobby is somewhat dated but still comfortable. There is a restaurant and bar that servers excellent food and the drinks I had were mixed perfectly.

There is a huge outdoor pool with a bar and it was nice to be able to sit outside and have cocktails and JD is an excellent bartender. I had several of my business associates come stay here from other hotels after I got checked in.

What is truly amazing about this place is that it rambles on forever. I actually got lost trying to find my way back to my room after breakfast. Then on another occasion we got lost trying to find our way out to the parking lot. We wound up having to just go outside and walk all the way around the building. This sounds bad but it actually made us laugh so that in itself is a good thing.

I have never stayed anywhere where the staff was as friendly. The owner of this hotel must be. An exceptional person to work for because there has not been one unhappy employee since I got here. I have been here 4 days and have about 5 more to go before I check out. I couldn't have picked a better place.

Compare this breakfast to what you get at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express and you will have nothing to complain about. Real eggs and real food along with good service

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This establishment is huge and suitable for anyone not looking for a cookie cutter type of hotel experience. Excellent service from checkin to checkout. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Just read a guest review for no heat, however our room was at 70 degrees all the times. Hot and cool air was automatic. Two vanities were very helpful for three of us in room. Requested extra towels and got right away. Decent wifi connection. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. We recommend this hotel to your viewers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim B

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I appreciate your feedback and I will share it with the rest of the staff as well. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Inn at Reading and that you found our service to be excellent. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

No heat!! Desk clerk explained that can either have heat or air conditioning. 38 degrees outside last night and no heat. No toilet paper or shampoo refill. Smoke smell in non smoking room. Staff was good although could not help with problems. Breakfast nice but nothing healthy,most people might like it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine K
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We do have a few rooms left that are on a different system which has to be switched from a/c to heat. Usually it is not an issue and either a/c or heat will be fine but obviously we did not exceed your expectations. The vast majority of our rooms do have an individual PTAC unit and can be set on whatever temperature is desired. I wish that we would have been able to move you to a different room. I will review all of your comments with the rest of the staff and department managers.

Thank you again and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time that you are staying in the Reading area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!