“Good Repeat Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Good Repeat Stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sad to see the damage to hotel due to storm but it did not effect the quality of accommodation. This time again, I got a clean and comfortable room. The poll was closed during my last stay but this time it was open and I enjoyed their big pool in the courtyard. Breakfast was better than that of the last time with variety of fruit and baked items. Wi fi connection is good. The staff is friendly and do a lovely job. This is the place for me in Reading when I visit the states.

Room Tip: There is no lift. You can use ramp if stairs are problem.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to use the pool and courtyard area. The storm damage to the exterior should be completely repaired in the coming months and The Inn at Reading will look better than ever! We are fortunate that it did not cause much interior damage and that we have wonderful guests, like yourself, who can overlook the cosmetic damage to the exterior of the main building. We look forward to being able to serve you again on your trip back from England.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Inn for three weeks and had very nice experience. Though the hotel suffered exterior cosmetic damage from hail storm, but the rooms are very nice. Big rooms with the best amenities and very comfortable bed. The employees are friendly. JD at the bar, Wendy at the front desk do a fantastic job. My needs were met with smile. I enjoyed hot breakfast every day. They have the best breakfast you can have at a hotel. It is complementary with the room in the weekdays. I enjoyed pool and drinks at the cabana bar few times. Food at the publick house restaurant is commendable and it is priced very reasonable. They don't have a guest laundry facility and I think It will be helpful if they get one. Our overall experience was great and we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashley M
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your long term stay with us and that the staff was very friendly and accommodating! I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the other amenities that we offer including the pool and tavern area. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and thank JD and the desk staff for their service. I also appreciate the feedback on adding a guest laundry facility and that is something that we are going to look into.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a copy of an email I sent to the manager regarding our stay. I would stay away from this place. Food was terrible. Front desk was rude and inept. Room had issues from drains to misplaced shower soap dish placed high where your head would be resulting in me smashing my forehead into it twice. Not happy at all!

My wife and I just stayed there last night checking in on Friday 8/1/14. Let me first point out that I have been in the hospitality field my whole life consisting of over 25 years. I have worked in hotels, restaurants, and catering businesses.

We usually travel to the Poconos or Shore every weekend but because of the race, we chose to stay local since we are in the Boyertown area.

When we arrived, we went to the restaurant. As someone who has cooked for years, bartended, etc, I was not happy at all with the food. I ordered a cheesesteak which was probably the worst I ever had. It was extremely salty and dry. My wife ordered a salmon salad and she did not like that as well. The salmon was dry, unseasoned, and a very small portion. It was bland. Other than the very pleasant female bartender, it was a disaster.

The room was ok but not great. We watched tv and went to bed early. We received a phone call at 12:01am from the front desk asking to speak with my wife. She was told to go to the front desk as soon as possible. This woke us both out of deep sleeps. I have a sleeping disorder and take sleep meds. When I am woken, I find it hard to go back to sleep and that was the case this time. My wife was rudely called up front over a credit card problem that I believe was caused by the agent who checked her in. I have worked reservations in Cape May hotels so I am quite puzzled why the card wasn't run and payment taken upon check-in. I was definitely not happy with this situation.

Since I couldn't go back to sleep, I showered and shaved early. Then I noticed that the drain in the sink was stuck and the water would not drain. I had to use the knife part of my wine opener for 10 minutes to open the drain up. When I took a shower, I noticed that the soap dish on the wall is some place it shouldn't be. I noticed that the soap dish was close to falling off and was placed much higher than normal shower soap dishes. I found out when I bashed my head into the soap dish twice while showering. Who put those soap dishes at that level??? They are supposed to be lower accessible to hands. However, in our room the dish was in the area where one might have their head from shampooing. My head is still buzzing from that.

I am not happy at all with our stay. From the food to staff to conditions in our room, I will definitely not recommend this hotel to others. You definitely need a new cook because our food was terrible.

We stayed in room 114 I believe. That soap dish in the shower should be removed before anyone else bashes their head on it like I did.

Thank you for a terrible night!

Anthony Smith

Room Tip: stay away from the restaurant bar...other than nice female bartender, everything was overpriced and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and that your sleep was interrupted. I will discuss the credit card issue with the Front Desk/Reservations Manager to make sure that these types of issues are resolved better in the future. I will also share your comments with the rest of the staff including the Maintenance Manager to make sure the soap dish is securely placed on the shower wall.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Travellers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

we really enjoyed our stay at the Inn at reading. the staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Hotel is very quiet and pet friendly. The rooms were also good size and
very clean. Overall the hotel was excellent especially considering the price. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lisamartinfamily
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to the Reading area.

New York
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I read all the tripadvisor reviews and made a reservation to spend the weekend here. We checked in and promptly checked out. The room had no in room a/c unit. It smelled funny and we saw black mold in the vents. The hotel was in desperate need of an massive update. I want to know if the prior reviewers were in "building 3."

Never again will I trust trip advisor. I'll stick to those places I know and trust.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ReneeJW
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. I will share your comments with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Staff immediately and make sure the issues have been corrected. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Reading area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled 5 hours to this inn for a wedding held there, and stayed for 2 nights. The inn was unaccommodating; full of foul for, dirty carpet, and furnished with ancient appliances; we even found an empty beer bottle in our room upon arrival!

Aside from the room, the customer service was even worse. Upon checkout, there was an incorrect overcharge regarding pet fee. The lady handling our checkout assured us that since the transaction had already been made but not yet posted, I can call back in a couple of days to receive a refund back on my account. When I called back, I was put on hold for 10-20 minutes each time. Finally after about 4 or 5 attempts, I reached the manager, who proceeded to deny the prearrangement, call me a liar, and refuse to make any re-adjustments.

The charge was insignificant enough; however, the way they handled it was poor and classless. I have never experienced such poor management in any of my travels. Not only will I never go back, but I will be sure that no one I know will ever do business with them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JennyMuyu7
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am very disappointed to read the comments that you are reporting. I believe that you may have spoken with the Front Desk Manager. I will review your comments with her to make sure that this type of issue is explained in a more guest service focused manner in the future. I will also review your comments with the Housekeeping department as well. Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Jurupa Valley, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It is so charming! The rooms are clean and spacious. Even though the hotel is older, it is fabulous. I have stayed here two times now and will everytime I pass through Reading, Pa. A nice pool. The breakfast is awesome. The service is great in the front lobby and eating areas. They have a bar and resturant on site which makes it so nice. The price is right. Love this Place. I was there for 3 days for a wedding and reception was held in the grand room. The food was fabulous and the dining was excellent. A fun stay!

Room Tip: They have suites too!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen S
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the wedding event. I will share all of your comments with the staff. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Reading area.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading
Hampton Inn Reading/Wyomissing
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!