“Best Bed and Best Breakfast”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
“Best Bed and Best Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel has one of the best bed I slept on. The room was very spacious and clean. The bath room has two vanities which made it very convenient for me and my wife to get ready quick. We enjoyed pool and had few drinks at the pool bar. The service was great. Breakfast was also one the best I had at any hotel. It had a lot of baked variety and hot items. Only thing I did not like was a loud conversation by the housekeeping staff. I recommend this hotel for a good night sleep and best breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Nick M
Terence A, Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Nick,
Thank you for the nice comments, the staff works very hard each and every day to make our guests feel at home. I will share your comments with all of our associates and ask our housekeeping staff to use their inside voices. Our Breakfast buffet does feature many items baked by Rosie our on site baker.
We look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Decent value, nice rooms, pretty good location. Nice pool. I was only there for one night, but it did the job nicely. Only complaint would be that the air conditioning unit was on the loud side (but I still slept OK!)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeremy D
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will discuss your comments with the rest of the staff as well. We look forward to being able to serve you again soon. Thanks again for your business and for staying at The Inn at Reading.
texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Twenty years ago we stayed here on a regular basis due to work in the area so were excited to return after being away so long. The storm did horrible damage so not judging outside of buildings. However, the inside has just gone downhill. We stayed 2 weeks and our room was clean and comfortable, the cleaning staff very accomodating. Front desk service was just ok at times and very poor at others. They need customer service refreshers! We had to ask two times (two different days) for a microwave even tho we were told one would be sent right up the first time. When it was finally delivered, it looked like it had been hail-damaged, digital read-out didn't work and was old and dirty! The common areas such as entryways, hallways and stairways were often unswept and trash left sitting around. A tree limb fell across walkway to our entryway and was left there for hours. Finally, my husband removed it but debris was left there for days. Just a little sad considering how nice and well kept-up it used to be! We will check them out next time before we check in.

Room Tip: Executive Quarters are large rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank texlove2travel
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your room accommodations and that the Housekeeping delivered excellent service during your stay. However, I am disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations in other areas..
I will review all of your concerns with the Department Managers. I will also discuss the tree limb and debris with the Landscaping Company that we hired to clean up the storm debris from around the property. Once again I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sad to see the damage to hotel due to storm but it did not effect the quality of accommodation. This time again, I got a clean and comfortable room. The poll was closed during my last stay but this time it was open and I enjoyed their big pool in the courtyard. Breakfast was better than that of the last time with variety of fruit and baked items. Wi fi connection is good. The staff is friendly and do a lovely job. This is the place for me in Reading when I visit the states.

Room Tip: There is no lift. You can use ramp if stairs are problem.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Terence A, General Manager at Inn at Reading, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to use the pool and courtyard area. The storm damage to the exterior should be completely repaired in the coming months and The Inn at Reading will look better than ever! We are fortunate that it did not cause much interior damage and that we have wonderful guests, like yourself, who can overlook the cosmetic damage to the exterior of the main building. We look forward to being able to serve you again on your trip back from England.

Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Inn for three weeks and had very nice experience. Though the hotel suffered exterior cosmetic damage from hail storm, but the rooms are very nice. Big rooms with the best amenities and very comfortable bed. The employees are friendly. JD at the bar, Wendy at the front desk do a fantastic job. My needs were met with smile. I enjoyed hot breakfast every day. They have the best breakfast you can have at a hotel. It is complementary with the room in the weekdays. I enjoyed pool and drinks at the cabana bar few times. Food at the publick house restaurant is commendable and it is priced very reasonable. They don't have a guest laundry facility and I think It will be helpful if they get one. Our overall experience was great and we recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashley M
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad that you enjoyed your long term stay with us and that the staff was very friendly and accommodating! I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the other amenities that we offer including the pool and tavern area. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and thank JD and the desk staff for their service. I also appreciate the feedback on adding a guest laundry facility and that is something that we are going to look into.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a copy of an email I sent to the manager regarding our stay. I would stay away from this place. Food was terrible. Front desk was rude and inept. Room had issues from drains to misplaced shower soap dish placed high where your head would be resulting in me smashing my forehead into it twice. Not happy at all!

My wife and I just stayed there last night checking in on Friday 8/1/14. Let me first point out that I have been in the hospitality field my whole life consisting of over 25 years. I have worked in hotels, restaurants, and catering businesses.

We usually travel to the Poconos or Shore every weekend but because of the race, we chose to stay local since we are in the Boyertown area.

When we arrived, we went to the restaurant. As someone who has cooked for years, bartended, etc, I was not happy at all with the food. I ordered a cheesesteak which was probably the worst I ever had. It was extremely salty and dry. My wife ordered a salmon salad and she did not like that as well. The salmon was dry, unseasoned, and a very small portion. It was bland. Other than the very pleasant female bartender, it was a disaster.

The room was ok but not great. We watched tv and went to bed early. We received a phone call at 12:01am from the front desk asking to speak with my wife. She was told to go to the front desk as soon as possible. This woke us both out of deep sleeps. I have a sleeping disorder and take sleep meds. When I am woken, I find it hard to go back to sleep and that was the case this time. My wife was rudely called up front over a credit card problem that I believe was caused by the agent who checked her in. I have worked reservations in Cape May hotels so I am quite puzzled why the card wasn't run and payment taken upon check-in. I was definitely not happy with this situation.

Since I couldn't go back to sleep, I showered and shaved early. Then I noticed that the drain in the sink was stuck and the water would not drain. I had to use the knife part of my wine opener for 10 minutes to open the drain up. When I took a shower, I noticed that the soap dish on the wall is some place it shouldn't be. I noticed that the soap dish was close to falling off and was placed much higher than normal shower soap dishes. I found out when I bashed my head into the soap dish twice while showering. Who put those soap dishes at that level??? They are supposed to be lower accessible to hands. However, in our room the dish was in the area where one might have their head from shampooing. My head is still buzzing from that.

I am not happy at all with our stay. From the food to staff to conditions in our room, I will definitely not recommend this hotel to others. You definitely need a new cook because our food was terrible.

We stayed in room 114 I believe. That soap dish in the shower should be removed before anyone else bashes their head on it like I did.

Thank you for a terrible night!

Anthony Smith

Room Tip: stay away from the restaurant bar...other than nice female bartender, everything was overpriced and...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and that your sleep was interrupted. I will discuss the credit card issue with the Front Desk/Reservations Manager to make sure that these types of issues are resolved better in the future. I will also share your comments with the rest of the staff including the Maintenance Manager to make sure the soap dish is securely placed on the shower wall.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.

Travellers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2014

we really enjoyed our stay at the Inn at reading. the staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Hotel is very quiet and pet friendly. The rooms were also good size and
very clean. Overall the hotel was excellent especially considering the price. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lisamartinfamily
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for staying at The Inn at Reading. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to the Reading area.

Thank you again for staying at The Inn at Reading.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
#1 of 2 in West Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!