“Hospitality and Special touches”
Review of Inn at Reading

Inn at Reading
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hospitality and Special touches”
Reviewed 21 March 2005

We had a great trip to Reading and part of it was the hotel. We had the Sweethearts package one night, which provided us with ammenities such as champagne, roses, chocolate covered strawberries and other fruit. It made the evening special.

The room was nicely equipt for the price. It wasn't fancy, but we didn't pay a lot either. It had nice robes, a king sized bed and was oversized.

It was also conveniently located for shopping and eating.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 8 March 2005

I was at this hotel for a seminar in Feb 05 the place was dirty, & smokey. The front desk was rude. I would do my home work before coming to Reading. There are other hotels. This hotel has gone down hill
it use to be nice. Now its just a dump.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank pjdz

Travellers are raving about these Wyomissing hotels

Southern N J
Reviewed 7 March 2005

My wife and I decided to take a last minute trip to Reading so we could do some shopping at the outlets which are only 2 blocks away. Left on Saturday afternoon without any reservations and had no trouble getting a room. The front desk help were very friendly and gave us good directions to our room. All rooms are on ground level so we didn't have to climb any steps ( great for my wife's ashma ) The room was very large and have nice clean furniture. Two different sinks in two different rooms. The water pressure in the shower was great ( one of the first things my wife checks out )
Two things we would have liked were a microwave and fridge in the room (there were none) also the free breakfast was not included on weekends. Overall one of the better places we have stayed in and will probably stay there again on our next shopping trip to Reading.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank lennoxbird
Virginia
Reviewed 24 December 2004

Stayed at the Inn at Reading in November, 2004. The hotel is turning seedy and in need of a general refurbishment. Carpeting is stained and worn. Walls are dirty and in need of painting. Room numbers are missing. Halls were dirty. The furniture in the room was scratched and nicked and in need of touchup and polishing. A light fixture in the room was broken and not repaired. Front desk service average. At checkin we were not given voucher for breakfast which was included in room rate. Also, bathrobes which were included in room rate were not provided.

We stayed at the Inn because we were attending a function in the evening and did not wish to drive afterward. Doubtful that we will return.

• Stayed November 2004
1 Thank WileyTraveller
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 September 2004

This is a good place to stay if you are going to Maple Grove, as it is only 20 minutes from the track. It's even better if you can get a low internet rate. I found the staff here to be very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The room itself was good, the best feature being the shower. The bed was okay, and the room was as big as advertised. Another good feature of the room was there were two sinks in the room, one outside and one inside the bathroom. One thing I was disappointed in was that there was no refridgerator or microwave in the room.This hotel is older and some of its wear and tear shows in the hallways. The Inn at Reading has around 300 rooms, yet the hotel only has 2 floors, therefore some of the long hallways can seem like you are in a maze, however the hallways are well-marked. The bar area looked nice although I didn't go there. The pool is outdoors and being as though it was pouring the entire time I was there, I didn't use it but it like it would be good if the weather was nice.

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank bp4559
Cordova, MD
Reviewed 17 August 2004

Stayed at the Inn at Reading June 4, 5, 6, 2004 for the Ford Motorsport Nationals. I had reserved two executive suites for my family & our guests. When we arrived at the hotel we were told there was a problem with the plumbing in those rooms. That story quickly changed that there was a misunderstanding with the room reservations, and that we only had regular rooms. We viewed the rooms before agreeing, displeased entirely, but didn't have any other options. One room was large and pleasant, but the air conditioning stopped working on Saturday night. After calling the desk multiple times with no results, we opened the windows and hoped for the best. We had to pay extra for a fridge in each room, which came standard with my original reservations. Will not ever stay here again. The attitudes of the personnel was definitely not the best, and it conveyed to the guests that they just didn't care, it was just a paycheck. Even the food left something to be desired.
We have stayed at this hotel twice before, when it was run by Clarion. It was definitely a nice experience then.

3 Thank Molly_625
NASHVILLE,TN
Reviewed 21 June 2004

I had read the reviews on the Inn, and was slightly disappointed when we saw our room. I was expecting the room to be "oversized" which I had read in one of the reviews, which, it wasn't. I knew the pool was outdoors, (which was a very pretty area), but it was too cool to swim unfortunately while we were there. There is not a refrigerator or microwave in the room, or at least not our room, which is very helpful when you have small children. We just were disappointed in the hotel, since it had gotten such good reviews. I would not stay here again, in fact, we checked out 5 days early.

1 Thank RSMSRM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
Candlewood Suites Reading
#1 of 2 in West Reading

Been to Inn at Reading? Share your experiences!