“Not Pleased”

Quality Inn & Suites Outlet Village
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Wyomissing
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here one night and was disappointed with the upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel room...especially for the price. The two chairs in the room were dirty and stained, the blanket on the bed was stained, there was some type of bug in the bed (thank goodness only saw one), the bathroom sink wouldn't drain properly, the walls had unidentifiable stains, there was no soap provided at the sink, the provided towels did not smell clean, etc. Overall, I found the room unacceptable.
It is a challenge to find a reasonably priced, comfortable, and clean room in the Reading area. This hotel offered one of the better prices but was not even close to being worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2012

This motel has an interior corridor. My room was on the 4th floor. It was quiet and clean. Had a big window and good heater. It had a fridge, and microwave. The microwave kept shorting out when I tried to heat something.

The offered a decent continental breakfast. Waffles, instant oatmeal, toast etc.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from families and they will do their best to accommodate your request.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were in town for the weekend to go outlet shopping and site seeing. We just needed a place to sleep so didn't need any frills. We had a king bed on the fourth floor and the room was pretty large. It's close to the VF outlet, some restaurants and the highway. But the place needs a makeover for sure. The bottom of the dresser was all scuffed up probably from running the vacuum into for so many years, the vent fan in the bathroom sounded like it was going to drop from the ceiling at any time, the AC worked but rattled so much that it drowned out the TV, only 2 of the 5 lamps worked (one actually had exposed wires showing so I unplugged it just in case) and only one outlet by the sink worked so I couldn't use the hairdryer until the coffee was done. Also the dust under the TV could be seen from any angle in the room so that tells me they only do the minimum cleaning between guests. The same girl was at the desk the entire time we were there and she was very nice. I finally asked her if they ever let her go home and she just laughed. We never ate breakfast because the 4 or 5 tables they have were always being used. There are enough other low prices hotels in the area so I'll probably try one of them if I'm ever in that area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here with my wife for one night. This was our third stay at this facility. It is certainly holding it's own and well represents the Econo Lodge nationwide chain.
I reserved the room on priceline, and had the most smooth check in and check out processes ever in doing that. It is supposed to be easy, but believe me some Hotels are really sketchy when you use priceline - these guys are not. The front desk help were very friendly and professional all three times I was in contact with them.
we had one of the quietest night sleeps we have ever enjoyed on the road. The morning breakfast was better than I have experienced on the road in motels over the past 5 years. Everything was fresh, and I even had two of their griddle made waffles.
We will come back here someday.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We've stayed here a few times because of its location to family. It's close to stores, malls, and restaurants. Room are clean and comfortable. Would use again if the need arose.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This would be my second stay , during the WW 11 Week-end at the Mid-Atlantic Museum.

The room is quite large. King size bed, 3 2/3 size pillows, bed very comfortable. NO BEDBUGS. Furnishings include table with two chairs, Mico/fridge. Four drawer chest. Twotables on each side of the bed, one with clock. Iron and board,. No closet, just a rack with five wooden hangers.

A 90's tv with 72 channels listed. A standard channel line is provided. However several listed channels are not on the on the television. However, I was not there to watch tv.

Bathroom is clean. Saw no mold about the toilet or in the shower/tub. Bathtub has a no slip surface. Being on the fourth floor, Room 415, I had worries about hot water. In a short time, all the water I needed was fklowing. If anything, the water was a bit too hot. Shampoo and body lotion. The towels are medium size and scratchy. I brought my own big fluffy towel. Only two cakes of soap. Here again I brought my own soap and dish.

A wall to wall bathroom mirror. Coffee maker by sink. Plenty of space around sink. The room's carpet lookedcand felt cklean.

The afternoon I arrived, the a/c was off. Turned unit to High Cool and left for seven hours. Room was cool by 9:00 P.M.. After that used Low Cool or just the fan.Unit is a bit loud, but I have never has a quiet unit in any motel.

Check-in is 2:00. Two days before arrival, I called to infirm the front desk I maybe arriving about 1:00, would this bea problem? A. Ajay Shah, the General Manager, told informed me this should be not problem. It wasn't. Mr. Shah is Indian, very friendly, with little accent. Also very helpful. I had no luggage rack, Mr Shah was able to secure a rack for me.

I found all staff member to be helpful. One woman helpoed locate a WAl-Mark. She gave me a sheet of directions to nearby restaurants and shopping malls. Within two minutes aee Home Depot and Best Buy, side by side and a Red Lobster and Olive Garden side by side.

This facility is dated. THe elevator has room for four people. Even with the overhead fan going 24/7, the elevator is warm/hot. I foundvtwom issues with the tub. The top of the tub was cracked and the tub stopper wouldn't fit into place. I realized the stopper screws into the drain, so I left the stopper on the tub's side.

Breahfast is a choice of two dry cereals. Donuts, bagels & toast. ,Waffle maker. Orange/apple juice. Coffe. Breakfast 5:30 to 9"30.

The sink's tap water is never cold. I fiiled two plastic cups, putting them in the fridge. In a hour the water was cold.

What I look for in a motel are a comforfable bed, clean room in a quiet neighborhhod. Econo Lodge supplied all three at a reasonable price. As long as I carry my own soap and dish and towel, I would stay again.

Some reviewers have stated this facility is hard to find, even with GPS. If a visitor is headed east/north on Spring Strret, the Econo sign stands out, the entrance is to the left. If a visitor is headed west/south, look for a blue Bookco, or words close to that, sign on the right. The entrance is just past the sign.

The one drawback to the motel's entrance, hesded to Spring Strret from the motel, is a line of trees on the driver's left, blocking traffic on Spring Street. Traffic can be seen no problem on the right, a driver must be aware of the blind to the left.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Had to stay here because of a sports tournament and it was beyond gross.Not only was the room less than appealing w/old furniture, unprotected outlets and questionable linens..leave it to say that any of the clothing we wore went straight from the car into the washing machine. Praying we didnt bring home any bugs. Not only was the cleanliness an issue but the people staying at the place were really sketchy as well. Didnt even consider touching the breakfast offerings and opted for the Starbucks down the road. As a previous review states... Do not stay here!

Room Tip: No tip, just don't go there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing
#1 of 2 in West Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Outlet Village? Share your experiences!