Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing(Wyomissing)
View Hotel
Penn View Motel(West Reading)
View Hotel
All reviewschef timfront deskthe general managerwedding receptionbreakfast buffetcourse mealprivate roomomeletthe entire staffthis past weekendreading areareading paindoor pooleventellennightclubchefs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was on the bus trip also and have nothing but praise for this hotel and the staff. They wen't out of their way to accomodate us. They opened the kitchen to serve us lunch, assisted with loading luggage and shopping bags; and driving guests on errands. The rooms were large and comfortable. The hotel was clean and beautifully decorated. The icing on the cake was when the entire staff lined up outside the hotel to say goodbye to us!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaReading, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for appreciating us and much as we appreciate you! We know the guest experience starts the moment you drive onto our property to the moment you drive away. We want our guests to know we care, and are so happy you could feel that. Sounds like you got to experience many of the things our hotel has to offer: the food in our restaurant that's made with love, our close proximity to shopping destinations, our large comfortable rooms, and our staff lining up to bid your group safe travels. We hope to see your group again soon, and happy holidays!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

It doesn't get better than this hotel. The General Manager greeted us personally and bid us Goodbye personally. The staff did the same. It was a delight from beginning to end. The camraderie, the food, the facility, the amenities were all above average. If you want to be treated like "YOU" really matter head for the Crowne Plaza in Wyomissing, PA. I can't wait to plan another trip and stay there. By the way there were 40 of us and everyone agreed, that's almost impossible, especially when the majority are females. Also, be sure to stop at the bar and meet "Franklin" the bartender, I don't even drink and I so enjoyed his personality. The only negative I could say is the I didn't have a chance to stay longer at this great hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will be great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
cpool, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for this wonderful review, It was our joy to get to meet you, enjoy your humor and to serve you. I will pass your message to all our staff and especially Geo , Heather (the staff singers) and to Franklin (our magical bartender). Have a great season in Flordia and we look forward to your return this spring. We will all be here to give you a big welcome and make your dreams come true.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We love the Crowne Plaza in Wyomissing and we especially love the staff. I just came back from an overnight trip with 48 people who all stayed at the Crowne and all of my group raved about the facility and the service! I can't say enough about how each and everyone of us were treated like we were royalty! From the first greeting to the last goodbye.... the staff showed showed concern and caring for our whole group. The rooms were clean, dinner was delicious and the bartender,Franklin, made excellent drinks! The food manager, George ( Geo) went above and beyond the call of duty by catering to specific needs that my group had and then when dinner was over, Geo and one of the other wait staff offered to sing some holiday songs for our group, They were fantastic and we loved to be entertained by them. The General Manager, Craig, greeted our group when we arrived, made sure we were happy at all times, and then sent us off with a goodbye fit for royalty! Thank you to everyone at Crowne Plaza who made our trip memorable!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you times 48 for this great comment. We are committed to each one of you and to see that each of you are pampered, served , entertained and appreciated for staying with us. We cant wait for your return and we will be perfecting everyday our service culture in anticiptation of your arrival. Oor staff are still celebrating you!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great hotel! Many of the rooms have walk out sliding doors into a grass patio area thats connected to the in door pool area; that during the summer looks like it could be really nice. I stayed in the Tower but enjoyed walking the property. The place is surrounded by all kinds of franchise restaurants, but we decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel which was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaReading, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Sounds like you had a fantastic stay, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know! The guest experience is so important to us, as we are always striving to provide stays which are a perfect 10. We're glad you enjoyed your room in our Crowne Tower, and were able to take some time to walk the property. Our courtyard feature rooms, the ones with sliding glass doors and outside access to our patio area are a great place to stay year round, especially in the spring and summer. If you'd like to stay in one of those rooms next time you are in the area, we would be happy to arrange that for you. Like you said, we are surrounded by many restaurants, but are delighted you chose to eat at our restaurant, Prime Steak and Wine, and had an enjoyable experience. Our kitchen staff put a lot of love into the food they create. We hope to see you again soon, and we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I travel to this hotel twice a year. Each time, I am treated like a treasured friend and guest. Special accommodations are made to make me feel right at home. My early arrival was met with a smile and my room in a quick few minutes. My need for the hotel shuttle was not a problem. I am always so pleasantly surprised when the general manager, Craig Poole, comes to my table at breakfast and wants to know how my stay is going. To say nothing about the Omelet Station, such a special treat! Eric Brown makes our stay very entertaining with the special shows and buffets at the hotel bar/club, Goodnites. The maintenance, engineering & cleaning staff are always glad to help. I even had a delightful conversation with the GM's wife who was working in the garden outside. If you want a clean and spacious place to stay with very good food, great entertainment & friendly staff, this is the place to stay. Excellent value!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaReading, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

We are so glad you feel at home at our property! We love having you ladies, and are more than happy to make sure you are well taken care of when you are staying with us. It's what we do best! We strive to create ultimate guest comfort combined with a high level of customer service. Eric, our assistant general manager, and Craig, our general manager, are wonderful, and very focused on the guest experience. Thank you for also recognizing our entire staff working together to create a memorable stay for you and your group from the moment you checked in, and throughout your stay. We can't wait to see you soon, and say hello to everyone for us!