“Nice surprise - in a shopping center in Yardley PA, no less!”
Review of Indian Garden

Indian Garden
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Yardley
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Nice surprise - in a shopping center in Yardley PA, no less!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Bucks County friends were hosting an Indian dinner - in Yardley Pa. On arriving at the designated address, my first thought was that I had somehow erred, as it was a strip shopping center (an obligatory Chinese take-out was nearby!) But the address WAS correct, and the unassuming Indian Garden was also quite a pleasant surprise! Our first clue: about half, or perhaps more, of the patrons - and the 2 rooms seemed unusually crowded for a Wednesday night - were Indian. The restaurant is a "BYO", so the beer (Indian) and wines (French) were compliments of our hosts. The first courses were both abundant and delightful, and the main courses of lamb, varied chicken dishes - all accompanied by tasty assortments of naan (khamiri) - were all quite first class, and each individually spiced to the taste preference of each diner. The staff was quite professional, and unusually friendly. All in all: a definite good find!!

• Visited April 2014

Princeton, New Jersey
“Delicious Indian food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I really like the food at this place. It's the only Indian restaurant around the area. They had a delicious lunch buffet . You can also order from the menu lunch and dinner .

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow. NOT impressed.”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Really disappointed with the quality of food in this lunch buffet. Based on the reviews, I expected something more. In fact, I'd venture to say it was the worst Indian buffet I've ever tried, and I've eaten at a lot of them. The service was fine, atmosphere pleasant and seemed quite clean, but none of this can make up for mediocre food. The selection choices were typical, but the number of them one of the smallest I've seen. The naan (always a key indicator to me) was limp and gummy. But the real verdict lies in the sauces. I thought they looked a bit pale and bland but you never know, so as my husband and I sat down with our plates we both took a few bites of the various foods and looked up at each other at the same moment. Our faces both said the same thing - "meh." Just very tasteless sauces- nearly indestinguishible from one another and almost what I would call insipid. Now I understand that many American palettes do not tolerate excess spice but if you remove all of the spices, I'm sorry, it's just not Indian food anymore! Fir dessert, the kheer (Indian rice pudding) was thick and glutinous in texture, and tasted of neither cardamom nor nuts. Needless to say, I'm baffled- considering the positive reviews the place has garnered in the past. Leading me to wonder, has something changed?

• Visited April 2014
“Great if you can get seated!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We tried to eat here but could not get any attention from the people working there to get a seat! A man at the register when we walked in refused to look up to take our names for a table. I finally got someone to help us but she told me it would be a wait even though there were several open tables in plain view. We left after the rude treatment. Go to Palace of Asia in Lawrence NJ for far better service and food.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank M G
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Indian Cuisine with a Smile”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for authentic Indian cooking in a lovely setting, you cannot beat the food, the prices, and the service at Indian Garden. Always great although their Raita has gotten a little too thin lately.. Everything else is wonderful.

• Visited January 2014