“Great place to stay - Friendly and Clean”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in York
New Port Richey, Florida
“Great place to stay - Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I thought coming to York with a ton of snow on the ground would be the worst business trip ever. Not so. The hotel staff were very friendly and inviting. Always cheerful and helpful with local directions and places to eat after a miserable day at work. Property is immaculately clean, rooms were very quiet and the beds inviting after a long day. I think there is a pool under all the snow too!!!! I plan on staying here next time I am back to work here, it's in Per Diem and I love it!!!!! Wish I didn't have to leave :(

Room Tip: Room 204 was overlooking to pool. very quiet with no road noise. Breakfast is standard continental...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpre... M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience here at our property. We take pride in accommodating each and every guest with the utmost quality of care. The past few weeks have been hectic to say the least, with record breaking snow & ice. My passionate & dedicated team has made all the difference and always placed our guests interests, first.

And yes, there is a pool located beneath all that snow! Our brand new heated pool will be open for use this summer.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Hospitably Yours,

Sagar V. Shah, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We had a dog with us and we were assigned the first floor for that reason. I thought we would get woken up by the breakfast crowd right outside our door but it was amazingly quiet. The room and the bed were comfortable. Clean. Modern. Average breakfast. Nice people working there. I would highly recommend for anyone who needs to be in York (we came for a beer festival nearby).

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay! My team and I are happy to hear your experience at our property was a positive one. We take pride in our product and in providing superior guest care. As you experienced, we are a pet-friendly hotel located close to all major venues & attractions in York, PA.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Hospitably Yours,

Sagar V. Shah, CHA
Franklin, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had a suite. Great room, clean and comfortable. The room temperature was hard to control. Fitness center was very limited. Breakfgast was great. The suite had a door that could connect it to the next room. Nice idea but did not baffle the noise from next door. Staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the suites that have a door to an adjoining room unless you have both rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carl C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for 2 nights. Great hotel with extremely warm and welcoming staff. My transport arrangements to an important meeting fell through because of bad weather, and the hotel team were absolutely amazing at making sure I got where I needed to be - they personally drove me to the meeting and made sure that I was able to get back to the hotel safely afterwards. Everyone was really friendly and I cannot speak highly enough of the team there. I would highly recommend the hotel without any hesitation.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Glen Rock, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was a welcome oasis for us after visiting the model train show in York. The rooms are very clean, and the bed was large and comfortable. We had a longish wait to register. The breakfast was terrific the next morning. Our only problems were that there were kids running through the halls at 2 am, and we had some difficulty getting the heat in the room to work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Botziepotz
Archbald, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel overall was good. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean & updated. The bad points...The bathroom is the size of a shoebox. If the door was any closer to the toilet, your knees would touch! Another is the walls are too thin. I was awaken by the next rooms wake up call. Also I could hear in the bathroom, the other rooms phone conversation on speaker....CLEARLY!! I could hear them digging in there essential bag too!! I was up earlier than I need too because of it. Would I stay again, Maybe or maybe not.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cherie U
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Cherie U,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Originally had made a reservation at a competitor, but, when they made a mistake in our reservation, we found the Holiday Inn Express. The staff people who worked with us were very helpful and bent over backward for us. After we checked in, we got good advice and directions on where to find a grocery story and deli nearby. Hotel was quiet. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but small. A little disappointed in the breakfast - coffee weak, ran out of plates. Line for food backed up due to the small space. Food was decent, though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family