“A delightful surprise!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a delightful surprise to stumble upon this hotel! Even though it is just outside the city, it is mere minutes from any place you want to be in York. Located just off I-83S, it is an easy off, easy on location. And it is located just far enough away from I-83 that traffic noise is not an issue. Check-in was easy (thank-you, Chelsi). We enjoyed our stay here so much we extended our stay not just once, but twice, and each time, we were served well by being able to remain in the same room we started with - much appreciated! Complimentary breakfast is one of the better ones with eggs, bacon, cereal choices, juice choices, yogurt, pancakes, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, coffee, milk ... need I say more! Thanks to our morning hostess, Deborah, we were well taken care of and never felt rushed even when we arrived with just 15 minutes left for breakfast! Thank you so much for a great, extended stay - we would stay here again and can recommend this to other travelers!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor facing the front entrance - no traffic noise, A/C unit was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Once again we stayed at this location rather than someplace else this is a tried and proven location.

Found out under new management since our last visit 2 years ago. Same Clean rooms and friendly staff.

Only had one issue with our two rooms for some reason the cleaning staff likes to leave the shower head facing out of the tub, if you don't notice you could end up being sprayed!
Lucky I noticed both times, my other friend not so lucky he got sprayed shorter stature :>)

As always a great breakfast, lots to choose from
Parking can be a bit tricky at times as it all depends on timing
Everyone in our group enjoyed the stay and when we return to York PA certain we will stay their again.

Room Tip: stay on levels 2-5 avoid the through traffic and go up a floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SemperFi1775
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Normally when I travel to PA I stay in Harrisburg. This time when I booked my hotel I wanted to stay closer to my sons college because I was traveling alone. I am completely surprised that this hotel only has a 2 1/2 star rating because it was great. Check-in was flawless, employees were very friendly. Room was spotless. Love!!! the toiletries from Bath & Body Works.Breakfast was fantastic, could not ask for anything more,coffee was hot and fresh. Employee was there to make sure everything was the way it should be. Congratulations to a company who knows how to take care of their customers! Would love to return here...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnExpre... M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're delighted to hear that your stay was a truly memorable one. My team and I believe that consistency and an innate desire to please our guests is what sets us apart from our competition. From our amenities to our prompt, smart service, each step of the way you'll see our organization's personal touch.

We look forward to being your preferred hotel in the York, PA area.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Tonya at the Front Desk started my visit with Smile and a nice greeting ... When I encountered a an issue in the Meeting Room, Mark from Maintenace, was johnny- on- the - spot and resolved the issue immediately and Mark had great follow-up to make sure everything was working smoothly. The Lady that manintained my room was OUTSTANDING !!! MY ROOM WAS ALWAYS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN ..........

I moved to this oocation from one of Holiday Inn's competitors because of the 'Individuals' that work at this Holiday Inn location. They are Professional, Quick to Resolve any Issue, and they are honest in everything they do. They add a 'Personal' touch to taking care of your stay.

Great Place to stay if you value Honesty, Cleanliness, and people who care about your stay.

Frank Sinclair

Room Tip: Ask the Front Desk Person for their Advice. They will be honest and very helpful
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank S

Dear Mr. Sinclair,

Thank you so much for your rave review of our property! As you experienced, we take pride in operational and guest service excellence. Tonya, my Front Office Manager, is a valued member of our team and a true asset to my organization. Mark, our Chief Engineer, goes above and beyond his job description and helps drive our mission of superior customer care. Honesty and professionalism are the pillars we truly live by.

We have a wonderful team here and experiences such as yours give us the strength and motivation to continue moving forward.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We travelled with our dog, and unlike last year, when we were assigned a room on an upper floor, we were assigned the room next to the gym. The first morning, we were woken up just before 7 a.m. by the sounds of the beeping and pounding of the treadmill, and a blaring TV. That same night, there was another person running on the treadmill just past midnight! The room appeared to be clean, but something in that room triggered my allergies, perhaps dander from a previous visiting dog. Considering you pay $25//night for one's dog, they could at least vacuum the room properly. The desk staff were indifferent. It took me almost of 3 minutes of standing in front of the person, who continued to do what she was doing, before I could ask a question. At least the kitchen staff were warm and hospitable. Kudos to them!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get assigned the room next to the gym, which is open 24 hours.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carmini M
HolidayInnExpre... M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for your negative experience at our property. We strive to provide the highest standards of cleanliness and guest service. Next time you plan on being in the York area, please contact me directly at (717) 741-1000 ext. 607, and I'll ensure you receive a room that better suits your needs.

I will share your comments regarding staff indifference at my next Front Desk Meeting. Our front desk is trained and reminded of ensuring the full satisfaction of each guest in front of them. It is inexcusable to be ignored at any point during your stay.

I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future despite your poor experience. My team and I will work hard to deliver a better experience for you.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Nothing fancy. But it will give you a good sleep and a free breakfast fro under a $100. It is in a calm area close to the I81. You get well receive and your room is clean and with a giant bed you can relax with cable tv and a warm bath. You can have a complete breakfast and it's free. You can even bring some stuff for the road.
No more to say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank do b

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your accommodation of choice in York, PA! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our guest amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast. As you experienced, we have one of the newest products in this market. We strive to make each and every guest as satisfied as you were.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I thought coming to York with a ton of snow on the ground would be the worst business trip ever. Not so. The hotel staff were very friendly and inviting. Always cheerful and helpful with local directions and places to eat after a miserable day at work. Property is immaculately clean, rooms were very quiet and the beds inviting after a long day. I think there is a pool under all the snow too!!!! I plan on staying here next time I am back to work here, it's in Per Diem and I love it!!!!! Wish I didn't have to leave :(

Room Tip: Room 204 was overlooking to pool. very quiet with no road noise. Breakfast is standard continental...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpre... M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience here at our property. We take pride in accommodating each and every guest with the utmost quality of care. The past few weeks have been hectic to say the least, with record breaking snow & ice. My passionate & dedicated team has made all the difference and always placed our guests interests, first.

And yes, there is a pool located beneath all that snow! Our brand new heated pool will be open for use this summer.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Hospitably Yours,