“Regular” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in York
“Regular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stay here several times a month. Quite and near the interstate. The people are great and rooms and hotel like new. Added a pool and you can walk to the trails behind the nursing home nearby! Great express deal on Priceline! Away from the main part of town but only 5 minutes to anywhere!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BIZWITHCACHING

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have to express my most sincere gratitude to this young man who went above and beyond to assist me. On a business trip in mid June, my rental car suddenly broke down and the rental agency left me stranded in a deserted parking lot, in a strange city where I knew no one, late into the night. I had not yet checked in to the hotel, so I called them to tell them about my situation and let them know I would be getting there much later than I originally planned. Marcos could have just thanked me for letting them know and hung up the phone. But, instead, he got engaged. He found out where I was and made suggestions as to what I could do. He arranged for a taxi to pick me up and, because it was so late, he even moved me to another Holiday Inn that was closer to my location. With that, his specific hotel lost a 4-day reservation but he felt my safety and comfort was more important. This whole ordeal went on for several hours and I found myself getting more and more emotional and upset. Marcos was the calm voice in the dark that eased me through this horrific experience. He got no personal gain out of this. He simply felt it was the right thing to do. About a month later, I returned to the area again for work and I stayed at this hotel. To my delight, Marcos was working the front desk when I checked in. Without realizing who I was, once again, he was a consumate professional and was completely attentive to my needs. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to personally thank him for his kindness and then, I went straight to the hotel manager to let him know about this stellar employee. He gives the guest his/her first impression of this hotel and they simply could not ask for better. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: This hotel allows dogs so if you don't like them, request a room away from that section.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kerri O
MOUNT AIRY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed at this location and once again my experience was awesome! They welcomed me and my 2 small dogs. Great location, great room and great staff. Thank You!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank REBECCA E
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was in town for a few nights on business. All staff members I ran into were very friendly. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good, never out of anything. Only thing I did not like was the outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hyperdog7
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed there 3 nights, never got coffee packet in room refilled, didn't get clean wash cloths & when I requested some had to go down to desk to get them, common areas (carpet, etc) always dirty, AC units loud, pull-out sofa bed the worst ever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Gogi0418,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guests. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon..

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Like my title says, this is ok, it appears to be an older property that has been renovated. Outside swimming pool, no hot tub, no restaurant within walking distance. A three star stay but no more than that.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Larry T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please know that during your stay, it was a pleasure assisting you and we will always do our utmost best to ensure you enjoy your time at the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back and provide another positive stay experience on your next future visit.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Litchfield Park, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed there for several nights with our son and his family. Looks like it has been renewed recently. Rooms were clean but the in wall air conditioner was very noisy when it cycled on. We went to the Harley Davidson assembly plant in York and took the tour. I was impressed. There is only one place to eat that's in walking distance and that's Mickey D's.

Room Tip: When you check in and get a room check the air conditioner for noise before you unpack.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family