“Nice, Clean and Dog Friendly”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here twice in July on our way to and from vacation that necessitated 2-day drive. We were traveling with our 2 dogs to a cabin on a lake in Upstate New York and York was about the mid-point of our drive. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the rooms to be clean and large enough to be quite comfortable for us. Even thought the hotel was very busy it was nice and quiet and we got a good night's sleep for the next days' drive. The hotel and grounds were well maintained and kept clean even though they accommodate many travelers with dogs. There was no "kennel smell" anywhere. The only disappointment was the breakfast food. The eggs were extremely salty and the "sausage" was overcooked and dry. The coffee wasn't bad, but we elected to have breakfast at the McDonald's across the street on our return trip. We would use this hotel again if our routing took us this way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NaturePhotog_52

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I would have given Excellent but below are the reason I gave average. Mostly staff tries to be polite, rooms are clean and prices are cheap.

We had a double Queen, the minute we walked in the room we observed small flies and mosquitos. First time we used the toilet due to long trip it got overflowed. The overflowed water was soo much that it went to the carpet. We called the front desk, the well dressed young lady in the evenings was very professional. Seeing our kids crying She went quickly upgraded us to a better room.

Then in the morning at breakfast time the food wss displayed very nicely and looked excellent. however the food,eggs and other meat was not properly labeled. There were six food item only one was labeled. Upon bringing up a question to the server we were told eggs had hams. Note to the management some people are vegetarian, some eat kosher and just are allergic. For staff to say I guess Holiday inn does not label is not appropriate.

Overall stay was not bad, may return here in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a nice property, but there is no door between the "rooms". In fact there is one large room with a Demi wall so you can't see the person on the couches face. One tv in the room. Not up to the standard of other holiday inn expresses I have stayed in. The staff itself is very nice. They did call me to tell me that my dog was barking, when in fact it was someone else's dog. My son was with the dogs at the time, so am sure it wasn't our dog. But would want the same if someone else's dog was loud so that's fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear PLazar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It is regrettable to hear that your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues with the room you had. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward them to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stay here several times a month. Quite and near the interstate. The people are great and rooms and hotel like new. Added a pool and you can walk to the trails behind the nursing home nearby! Great express deal on Priceline! Away from the main part of town but only 5 minutes to anywhere!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BIZWITHCACHING
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have to express my most sincere gratitude to this young man who went above and beyond to assist me. On a business trip in mid June, my rental car suddenly broke down and the rental agency left me stranded in a deserted parking lot, in a strange city where I knew no one, late into the night. I had not yet checked in to the hotel, so I called them to tell them about my situation and let them know I would be getting there much later than I originally planned. Marcos could have just thanked me for letting them know and hung up the phone. But, instead, he got engaged. He found out where I was and made suggestions as to what I could do. He arranged for a taxi to pick me up and, because it was so late, he even moved me to another Holiday Inn that was closer to my location. With that, his specific hotel lost a 4-day reservation but he felt my safety and comfort was more important. This whole ordeal went on for several hours and I found myself getting more and more emotional and upset. Marcos was the calm voice in the dark that eased me through this horrific experience. He got no personal gain out of this. He simply felt it was the right thing to do. About a month later, I returned to the area again for work and I stayed at this hotel. To my delight, Marcos was working the front desk when I checked in. Without realizing who I was, once again, he was a consumate professional and was completely attentive to my needs. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to personally thank him for his kindness and then, I went straight to the hotel manager to let him know about this stellar employee. He gives the guest his/her first impression of this hotel and they simply could not ask for better. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: This hotel allows dogs so if you don't like them, request a room away from that section.