“Very clean, staff very nice, loved the suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton York
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The staff was super friendly when we checked in and throughout our 3 day stay. We were very impressed by the rooms - every room is a suite with a full kitchen and living room area. The rooms were VERY clean which is a must for me. All the furnishings were really nice and new. The hotel has a complimentary dinner most evenings, which were just ok, but they were free. The dinner also includes complimentary beer and wine. Every morning a free breakfast - omelets, pancakes, sausage, ham, fruit, etc. Very good. The only drawback of this hotel is its location - very out of the way. And as a note - no bar or restaurant in the hotel. And in York you can't just buy beer or wine anywhere - not in grocery stores or convenience stores. You have to go to a "liquor store" for wine and liquor, and a "beer store" for beer! Crazy. Totally recommend this hotel though!

1  Thank Auntbee7
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Super friendly staff, VERY clean ~~ Thank you so much!! We are thrilled that we were able to impress you!! It sounds like you really enjoyed our breakfasts - they are yummy! PA's liquor laws are tough to get accustomed too! Hopefully, our beer and wine with dinner offset that a bit for you! Please visit us again soon! Thank you so much for a terrific review!
Warmest Regards~

Reviewed 20 January 2014

From the minute you walk in this hotel, you know your welcome. The front desk is courteous and professional. They put on a great breakfast and the staff couldn't be more helpful, friendly or provide better service. Even the maintenance staff goes out of their way to take care of you. Rooms are a welcome sight after a long days drive.

1  Thank Debra G

Thank you so much for a very kind review! I especially appreciated your title! We do have a great staff! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay - and noted so much of our wonderful service! The fact that you mentioned how much you felt welcome - from the moment that you got here, throughout all of the staff that you met - makes me feel like we are doing our job! Thank you!! Please visit again soon!
Warm Regards -

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very nice hotel clean close to expressway roomy and lots of room to spread-out. Hot breakfast in the morning and lite dinner is included which is also a nice perk. Bathroom amenities Neutrogena products are also very nice.

2  Thank Stephen F
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you so much for a great review and pointing out so many of our great features and amenities! Clean, roomy, and convenient! Thank you. The Neutrogena Products are one of my favorite little perks too! Thanks for noticing! Please come back and visit us again soon!!
Warm Regards~

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was nice. The rooms were clean the staff was great. The parking was fine. However the parking lot did have some ice in it which did not bother me but I could see other people having some issue with that. However I was really looking forward to relaxing in the pool after a long day but it was freezing. I could not believe the pool was so cold. I chose this hotel over other hotels because of the pool. to say the lease I was very disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James M

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! Thank you for your many kind words about our hotel and our staff. Our apologies regarding the pool. Although we keep up with continual maintenance on our pool, some things do happen beyond our control. We try very hard to keep our guests alerted and informed, but the reheating of our pool does take time. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and strive always to refine our operations and minimize such occurrences. Please visit us again and give us another try. Also - please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you again for your feedback. We take these issues seriously.
Thank you!
-Melissa Leonard
The Homewood Suites by Hilton - York PA

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My kids and I were back for my second visit at this property and I felt that I needed to leave another review. I just love this hotel. I was in town visiting family for the Holiday and looked forward to another stay at this Homewood Suites. Some observations from this stay include:

--Once again, the hotel was so, so clean. Even with the falling ice and snow outside, the lobby and hallways inside exterior doors were spotless.
--Our room was perfect. I don't have a single complaint. In my last review I had a number of concerns and the Director of Sales posted a response stating that stricter inspection standards would be implemented. That very likely happened. Everything was perfect.
--The beds are way more comfortable than our last stay. I'm not sure if the beds are being changed out, but I slept significantly better this time.
--The pillows were amazing. I haven't slept on a more comfortable pillow in a long, long time. I even asked to purchase one. The VERY helpful guest services rep tried to help me source one to purchase but there were none on-hand at the hotel. She was able to give me contact info to the supplier but, unfortunately, it requires a minimum purchase of a dozen. (Anyone want to go in on an order with me?)
--Once again, the ladies working at breakfast were so accommodating and sweet. I wish I knew names so I could give a shout-out here. The service was great. My kids and I were getting there as they were closing up but she offered to bring items back out that had already been put away. She offered to wait on removing other items to be sure that my children had gotten enough. The tables were clean, the food displays were clean, food was warm and the coffee was hot. PERFECT.
--I used the pool this time around. It's exactly what my kids needed. The pool area was tidy, the clean towels were plentiful, the chaises were comfortable...all great fun for the kids.

We stay in town during family events, reunions, etc...This hotel isn't near my family's houses but I originally picked it because it was ranked and reviewed so highly. I'll continue to come back here, though, because my expectations have been repeatedly exceeded. Very pleased.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LPaigeE
HomewoodYorkMgmt, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear "Great Second Visit"! ~ What a delight to read your review!! Wow - Thank you! It is so reassuring to know that the procedures that we put in place are working and do not go un-noticed!! We have a great property and an even greater staff - so thank you so much for noticing!!
~ Yes - the weather was interesting for a couple of weeks - and our staff worked hard to keep things in order! Thank you!
~ With improved inspection standards and an awesome suite-keeping team, it sounds like we are "getting it right!" Thank you!!
~ Thank you for loving our beds and pillows! They are amazing!! ;)
~ We gave a shout-out to our entire amazing food and beverage staff for you!! Thank you for noticing and pointing out their attention to every detail!!
~ So thrilled you were able to enjoy the pool this time!!

Thank you again for such an incredible review. It thrills us completely to know we have exceeded your expectations - and even improved our service - with your second visit!! We look very forward to having you visit with us again soon ~ and greatly appreciate being your chosen hotel here in York!!!
Happy Holidays!!
~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I always love Homewood Suites, this is more of a huge room than a suite (though it still has kitchen and couch) - but it is REALLY big. The hotel seemed very new and clean, service was friendly. AC unit in my room was pretty loud and the walls a bit thin. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PelleasPhiladelphia

Thank you so much for a great review! Our Studios are so spacious! New, clean and friendly - great compliments! I hope you reported the AC unit and that was addressed on property for you! If I can be of any further assistance - please let me know! Thank you again!
Happy Holidays!
~Melissa Leonard, Director of Sales 717-434-1800

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Loved the over sized suite. Very comfortable. Unit was very clean. Hallways were chilly.Staff very polite. Pool was much smaller than appeared and too chilly for us. would stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the highway and was very quiet