“More than excellent”

Homewood Suites by Hilton York
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

To be short but complete, Homewood Suites by Hilton York is an excellent hotel with one of the most friendly and helpful staff I ever met. The reception and catering staff is so friendly and makes your stay so personal. The best Homewood Suites I ever slept!!!

Room Tip: We had room 101 and 104.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great hotel, very clean, very comfortable. Staff was amazingly friendly. Breakfast was decent, but as far as free breakfasts go it was fine. Highly recommend this hotel. The staff really went above and beyond, the gentleman working the front desk was extremely nice. The breakfast staff was helpful in keeping food stocked and clearing dishes. I love Homewood Suites and this was as good as any I've stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First of all, I will say that I love Homewood Suites in general. I vacation at least 2x a year with another single mom, HER mom, and our slew of adopted kids.,,, and sometimes a foster child or two as well. We can be a difficult group as all of the kids have special needs. We always stay at Homewood Suites and we always love it, but I have never felt the need to write a review as I feel that they are expected to have excellent properties and service.

Today, however, I am only 4 nights into our 8-night stay at this property - YORK, PA. and I just have to write this. The staff at this hotel has been phenomenal every step of the way. First of all, I also reserved two rooms at the same time and requested connecting. They told me they would try but it is not guaranteed. I called five days before our trip to reemphasize our request and our rooms were selected at that time. No problem when we checked in at all... connecting rooms, staff that was expecting us, etc.

Although all of the staff have been friendly and helpful with everything we have needed, there are two in particular that I would like to mention. First is Angel, one of the breakfast servers. This morning, Angel not only greeted me with coffee (BIG points here!) but recognized me even tho I was alone, asked how our day at Hershey was yesterday, and asked how each of the kids liked it! One of the boys had come down to breakfast one day without shoes, and Angel treated him like a prince and served his meal. The next day, she remembered exactly what he liked to drink and went to serve him when we got down. What a perfect example of customer service at its best!!

Next is our front desk friend, Ron. Ron somehow knew who we were when we walked in the door to check in, has played basketball with our oldest, laughed at our board games and antics in the lobby late in the evenings, recommended several activities for us, and showed genuine interest in what we had done that day and how we liked it. Again... customer service at it's best.

The rooms, cleanliness, overall property upkeep, etc. have all been great... what is expected from any Homewood Suites. But it is the staff members who have made this hotel standout the way it has... from our morning juice and coffee with Angel to our late night trip to the front desk for snacks or cocoa and hanging out with Ron.

Great job all around, Homewood Suites York! We are looking forward to spending the next four nights here as well!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my coworker came to york for a concert on the 4th of July weekend we both was very happy to be a guest at this beautiful hotel to the managers thank you for everything you and your staff had done we only stay one night it was a wonderful time and everyone was very nice and the rooms was beautiful me and my coworker can't wait to visit again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall, the hotel, staff, etc were all good, but I had a few issues... First the negatives... I booked two rooms in April for a week long stay in August, I booked them on the same card at the same time, and requested adjacent rooms. We were given rooms on two separate floors (1st & 3rd) and told we could switch the next day. We wanted both rooms on the first floor and they could only Accommodate both rooms on the third floor so we just wound up staying on separate floors. That was extremely annoying.
When we asked for anything, the front desk was pretty stingy. For example, it is advertised there is 24 hr complimentary cocoa & our kids looked forward to it. There was none so we asked at the front desk. We were given "the last 3 packets" (we needed 5) the next night we asked again, and a different employee gave us "the last 3 packets". Really? We were also given "the last toothbrush" when we requested 2 of them.
The chlorine at the pool was way too strong.
The carpet had stains and the couch could be cleaned or updated.
Despite all that, I would still recommend the hotel, it was overall very nice. The dinner and food service was very good. There was chicken parm, Salisbury steak, & foods like that. Breakfast was the usual- waffles, bagels, scrambled "eggs" and more. Everyone was friendly and accommodating for the most part. Rooms were basically quiet, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Luvlie29
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here while attending a reunion. Clean, roomy, comfortable . As We had adjoining king suites and our granddaughter ran between them often. Appreciated the full sized frig and the sink and dishes.

Room Tip: Sound proofing was great.
1  Thank Jeanne G
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A truly outstanding Hotel, we had a wonderful stay! Everyone on the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We were locked out of our room and the staff handled the problem in no time at all! The staff at the restaurant are wonderful, I believe her name is Holly! She is just great! We were in York for a softball tournament and it was also our Granddaughter' s 16th Birthday! The manager was more than accommodating, letting us use the courtyard for a party! We really wanted to say Thank you all very much! We will only be staying at Homewoodsuites from now on! Outstanding rooms also!