“Stay Elsewhere”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Davidson, North Carolina
“Stay Elsewhere”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I asked to be in a quiet room. They gave me 219. It was directly in from the entry way, doors on either side, ice machine, coke machine & etc directly outside of my door. I was there 5 nights. People would let the door slam behind them at ALL hours of the day & NIGHT, get ice, drinks & etc all times!!! I did not sleep well, especially the last 2 nights when the drunks would come in at 3-4am loudly talking! The door to the left would be opened up on me as I was entering or leaving my room, the glass window in the door had been boarded up so I couldn't see if someone was coming and they couldn't see me. There were cigarette butts in the parking lot the entire time I was there, as if someone had emptied their ashtray right there in the parking lot. The room had an offensive smell. Breakfast was terrible. Juice was so watered down it could not be drank. After the first day, the danishes were stale. There was some fruit to pick from the first few days, after that, old apples. I was told by Anita my stay would be $196.20 total, my CLC account was charged $244.30. The pillows were flat. My sheets were never changed. The towels were fine.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michelle P
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank You for providing feedback. We are working hard to improve our property. We are changing items for breakfast. We are sorry you had a bad experience here, hopefully you will give us another chance sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had sworn off Econo Lodges but after reading some reviews decided to try this one. Very clean, large rooms with micro wave, refrigerator, hair dryer, iron. Has a pool. Breakfast is good for an economy hotel. You have your choice of 4 cereals, toast, muffin, mini danish, fresh fruit. If you want a hot breakfast there is a 24 hour diner right at the end of the driveway. Staff is friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It is the best bang for the buck that I have found.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center. I hit this accidentally and would not let me do a no rating at that poi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bt1958
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We really appreciate your business. We are glad you had a great stay-that is very important to us!
york pa
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in room 346 for work at brunner island power plant. The first impression was what is that smell in the hallway which was covered up by cheap perfume by that didn't last to long. Then started to notice the itching spots all over my body so I ripped the sheets off the bed only to find bed bugs!!! OMG never again will I not check every little nook and cranny of the bed I'm about to sleep in

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank davejose
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are sorry about your experience here, I can assure you we do not have bed bugs.
Rome City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This motel is not going to receive any awards in the immediate future, but it provided a pretty good night's lodging for me. I used a travel coupon, which brought my total bill for the one night to $47. This was quite a bit less than the other area motel rates I'd been given when calling around. It's showing its age in places but my room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The room included a microwave and fridge and the wifi signal was strong and reliable all evening. I would be glad to stay here again if my business takes me back to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rick D
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuously making improvements including the bedding and breakfast items. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Winchester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The room was clean and the staff was nice.The only complaint I have ,and it isn't the hotels fault was the noise level of the other customers.All through the night people were in and out of the hallways and making lots of loud noise.Slamming dooors and such laughing and speaking loudly in the hallways.It was through out the hotel because my teammates had the same complaint.We were in town for a powerlifting competition at York Barball and none of us got a restfull nights sleep

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to complain about the noise ,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Albert O
kbp0123, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are sorry you had a bad experience in the past. We are making improvements around the property.
Medina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge while on our summer, week long vacation. Overall it was a good experience. However, when we called to get more towels we were told that we would have to go to the front desk to get them ourselves. In addition, the wifi barely worked and the breakfast was substandard. We called ahead of time asking if we could check in 2 hours early and were told it would be okay, but when we got there, we were denied and told to come back in 2+ hours. On the plus side though, the General Manager was very helpful. When there was a problem he would go above and beyond to solve it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gimlinoe01
Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback for our property. We are making improvements to the property. The internet is working great. We have updated the bedding and got different items for breakfast.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We booked the Econo lodge for one night because we were in York, PA for a show at the Strand theater. Overall, we were pleased considering the price for one night (approx. $60). Even though the hotel is just off of the 30 Hwy, it wasn't noisy (we were facing away from the hwy, so it may be slightly noisier on the other side).

We were right at the end of the hallway, so we were woken up by the door slamming (other guests leaving the hotel) occasionally in the night. So, if you were to book the Econo lodge, it would be best to get a room away from end of the hall.

The complimentary breakfast at the Econo was okay. There was juice, toast, danishes, fruit, muffins, and cereal. However, the cereal options were not all that healthy - cheerios, fruit loops, captain crunch (with fruit pieces), and another similar cereal (sugary). It would be nice if they could include some healthier options in to their continental breakfast. However, it was nice that they had so much fresh fruit available.

Overall, we thought the Econo was very good value. The room wasn't spectacular, but it was great for what we needed it for (just the one night in York).

Room Tip: To avoid excess noise, choose a room facing away from Hwy 30 and away from the hallway doors.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erin888899
Thank You for taking time to give us feedback for our property. Thank you for staying with us.