“Clean and modern hotel”

Courtyard York
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in York
“Clean and modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean and newer...room was modern and bathroom was very nice. There Are a lot of amenities surrounding this property, including a Walmart. Great place to stay for a layover or business trip.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Themilkmaann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
york pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I had the worst stay of my life at this hotel. Prices were high, service was beyond terrible. They Call ME last night and said they were going to refund my stay. Today I got an email from Claudia Sharp, guest experience supervisor, saying no they would not.
Why would you call one day out of the blue to say you'll make it godd and the next day say you will not.
SHADY people and the manager at this location is very unhelpful.

Room Tip: Another hotel all together would be your Best Bet.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank YorkPaSjh
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I spent about 20 nights in this Hotel and had a good overall experience. The rooms were nice and spacious and very cleaery clean. The staff was also very friendly and the hotel is located with walking distance of some good shopping and dining. Walmart is only a few blocks away and there are about 10 affordable restaurants within a 15 minute walk. A major shopping mall is also within a 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask for complimentary breakfast coupons when checking in. Also ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Walter W
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is a very nice Courtyard. It appears to be very new, it's clean and well decorated. My room was large and well designed, had a refrigerator, and nice sized bathroom. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WJ2011
Dresher, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

came ot York for my daughter's volleyball tournament in York last month. We traveled from Philadelphia so could have easily slept at home and driven up early that morning, but she goes to sleep earlier when we stay in hotels and I wanted her to have good rest before this tournament. The pice wasnt bad and I'd read good things about this hotel online.

It lived up to expectations. New property - really nice. Everything seemed very fresh and cosmopolitan. The check in was fantastic with a very helpful lady (so sorry I now forgot her name) who told my daughter to get something to eat and suggested the pizza. The kitchen was closing but she ran over and asked the cook to get a pizza going for us while we checked in. Pizza was good (not what the coach ordered but who is telling him?) and we took it to our room.

Room was just as nice as the rest of the hotel. Frameless glass shower was nice to see!! no tub with a curtain!! Everything was perfect and they had a rolling table under the desk which we rolled to the area between the beds so we could sit and eat on it. Great design.

Prolem: it was REALLY windy this night. We trurned off the lights and tried to sleep, but this loud whistle came into the room. It shounded like someone was blowing into a musical instrument. It was the wind blowing into the air conditioner/heating unit. I tried to put a blanket over it to quiet it but that didnt help. I slept very little all night with this noise. Each time the wind blew, it was like someone was blowing a horn in the room. I was close to asking to move rooms, but my daughter fell asleep with her earbuds in and seemed to sleep through it. I toughed it out, but it made for a rough next day.

I would stay here again, but be sure not to be on the side where the wind is hitting.

Next day we went down for breakfast. Unfortunately, the gentleman at the cafe said she was new and didnt know how to work the register. We had to wait for someone to come who knew how to work it, This took 10-15 minutes. Really, he should have just asked us for the room number and charged it to us later. Also, it took a realy long time for him to make the sandwiches. I asked for things that were fast, not cook to order...but it still took long. We wound up being 10 mins late for warm ups and my daughter was benched for the first game, as a result. Not good.

Lessons: get a room on the side with no wind and skip the cafe if you are in a hurry. Otherwise, great place!

Room Tip: If wind is blowing, determine direction and get a room on the opposite side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bluwater11
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Travelled to York for a funeral. Manager and front desk staff were very accommodating to our family members. Very helpful and was willing to help where they could! Couldn't ask for better!

Hotel itself is brand new and new style of rooms. Quite comfortable! Had an issue where they had a problem with the hot water going out. Took care of problem for me and compensated for the situation. Bottom line is that things happen and they did the right thing right off the bat! I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick L
Coal Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is my third week at the hotel for training purposes due to work. We still have one more week, but I decided to write the review now. The whole experience here has been great. The whole staff has been great, friendly and helpful. Shalanda (sp?) at the front desk, and Sherry at the Bistro have been outstanding and go above and beyond to make the stay enjoyable. Tara and Dora at the Bistro are also friendly and helpful, I haven't dealt with them nearly as much as the other two employees that I named, but they have been very nice and friendly.
I haven't dealt with maintenance, but one of my colleagues has been very impressed with one that she dealt with, she even told me a story where they had asked if there was a deck of cards they could borrow. There was not, but he took it upon himself to run to Walmart and buy a deck for them to use and then to be retained at the desk for anyone else that needed to use it. A couple of my colleagues had on a few days made food at home and brought it along in a crockpot or other container and then had a sort of potluck in the lobby, He again volunteered to help with the dirty dishes, etc..having them run through the dishwasher for them. Those are the types of things that I consider going above and beyond, and help to make the stay away from home for an extended time a little easier to get through.
The hotel itself is very clean. The rooms are nice, lots of pillows on the beds, and the beds themselves are comfortable. That says a lot coming from me, because I usually have problems with hotels beds. I will agree that the showers were not built properly, and do leak at the bottom, but I have not experienced it in excess as some of the other reviewers have described. I put the mat/towel down in front of the shower, which is something I do anyway because I don't like walking out of the shower/tub directly onto tile. The towel has never been soaked, or even overly wet, just along the edge where it is up against the shower. Maybe the others take a more vigorous shower than I do, but I don't understand needing 2 towels to soak up the water. Some of the doors are a little hard to open, I think they need to be refastened, or replaced. There are two computers in the lobby for guests to use, along with various chairs and couches, newspapers and books. They genereally put the coffee/hot water out in the lobby between 4-4:30 am. The prices at the Bistro are a little high, which is kind of expected. BUT the food is very good, and you do get a very generous portion, it is made when you order, so it's not just sitting there ready to go in a warmer, They also serve starbucks coffee at the bistro.
Our stays are M-F, and we go home on the weekend, Two of the weeks our classes started late on Monday because of being the day after a holiday, so we come back on Monday morning instead of Sunday night. I have gotten here at 10 am and have had no problems checking into my room at that time instead of later in the afternoon when it is technically check in, not sure if it's 1 or 3, but in any event I have checked hours ahead of the posted time.
That's all I can think of at the moment. But I have been very comfortable and satisfied while here and I am confident that you will too.

Room Tip: If you have any preferences, just ask they are more than willing to do what they can to help.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business