“Very clean lovely hotel”
Review of Courtyard York

Courtyard York
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in York
Ottawa, Canada
“Very clean lovely hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a very, very clean hotel. I use wipes to wipe down all surfaces I am going to use; their was no need to use my wipes in this hotel. It was immaculate. Thank you Courtyard York. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank artsy4491

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel of this class...newer property and kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming Priced just right,pool was clean and open late and the king bed was comfortable,and the view was good.wish the stay was longer!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin S
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I was warmly greeted at check in...wish I got her name. Her warm smile and wanting to please attitude should be at every check in desk every place.
Rooms were nice, but thermostat gave me grief. Hard to get a constant temp in the room. Played with it off and on thru the night. Too hot...too cold...ugh.
It was a bitter cold night...decided to stay at the Bistro for dinner...it was VERY slow as one sweet girl tried to do it all. My food came out way before my Hubby's and we watched each other eat separately. His turkey BLT was very good...tacos were just fair. His beer was skunked and chips that came in the bag were way past sell date.
There are no extra amenities...I sure miss the complimentary coffee bar. Other Courtyards give a coupon for a free coffee or beverage at the Bistro but this one did not give any coupons. There is a tiny coffee pot in the room and small refrig. There is no microwave however.
Work out room is small but has nice new equipment and is fine for a sufficient work out.
A strip mall is across the street but a car is needed to get there ...especially on a cold night.
In spite of these few minor things...I would stay here again...and I do recommend. It is one of the better places to stay in York.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shersei
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard York, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Shersei,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. While I am glad to hear that you received a warm welcome, I want to offer my apologies for the experience you had at our Bistro; I am sure it must have been frustrating to not be able to fully enjoy your meal. I'd also like to apologize for the situation you encountered with the thermostat in your room. It has been unusually cold these last few weeks, and it has been tough for our heating units to keep up with these arctic temperatures. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to provide a more exceptional experience for you the next time you find yourself in the York area.
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Trying to work with Courtyard by Marriott- York (on Concord Rd) was one of the most frustrating aspects of getting ready for my wedding. The initial consultation with the sales staff was good, but unfortunately, we did not get everything in writing. The room rate was locked in as promised, but was a rate higher than if our guests checked the current rate when getting ready to book. Also, The AAA rate was much better then the reserved rate. I called a month (four weeks) ahead to arrange the hotel shuttle and was told it was too late. The one bright star we found was Shelinda. Shelinda treated me in a way that let me know that somebody cared about the customer/clients. We had 25 rooms at the Courtyard. We had less rooms at the Hampton Inn on the other side of Route 30, yet Hampton Inn delivered on all aspects..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jjSjr2
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This Courtyard is neat, clean, new and full of all the amenities, including a lobby with tables and chairs for eating takeouts, a large tv with comfortable seating to watch a game and socialize, a fire pit and much more.
The staff, especially the hotel manager Shelanda were extremely helpful. The hotel was sold out with a local soccer tournament, but they continued to smile and offer assistance, even with hundreds of kids running around the hotel. They made everyone feel welcomed, especially the kids and offered assisstance with many things throughout the weekend.
Definately a 10 out of 10

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank paulann b
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I loved my stay here. Everything just looks so new. The girls at the front desk were so helpful. My room looked so nice. The only thing I thought that they served complementary coffee but nothing wrong with Starbucks! The breakfast was really good I just wish that I had time to try their dinner. Hard to pass up the bar but too much to do in York!

Room Tip: I loved the courtyard side. Such a beautiful view! So relaxing!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank becca s
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been travelling for the past month and have been hitting one good hotel after another! This was yet another very nice Courtyard. In the past I have preferred Fairfield Inns, but lately I have stayed in some nice Courtyards, including this one.

Check-in girl was very nice and friendly. My room was quite large with 2 queens, a big workdesk, closet, frig, microwave, coffee pot, etc. I loved the bathroom. It had extra shelving, and it was only a shower – not a tub. It had a great shower head, and glass doors – which I loved. My bed was great - firm yet cushy – and great pillows! The sheets were clean, as was the bathroom and all the towels. There was a big picture window in my room – I loved all the natural light.

There’s no free breakfast, but you can buy it from a little café in the lobby (as well as dinner). There IS free wi-fi and free parking.

I was only there for 1 night, and it was late when I checked in so I really couldn’t see what kind of area it was. It’s very convenient to the Interstate, and I did see some big stores like Staples, Bed Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, etc. But, I don’t know what else is around. Great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends